The little fast black sweet eating ants.

infinity11

Do you know/have these? They smell funny when you squish them. They LOVE apples.

I have two preparations pre-bought that work wonders for killing home ant colonies.

But these buggers (fortunately they ARE kind of picky eaters BUT), stopped eating the first prep, and now i am questioning the second.

Your successful experiences please.

thanks

Have small one which eat dog food. There are some sticks with different flavor our dog loves. An amount that would lets say 200 Gram of semi-hard material is cut into pieces and taken away in 3-5 hours.

I am always amazed how they can manage that.

sweet things in PET bottles and close the lid. this usually wipes ants out in a week of bottles but these little black ants took close to a month or more. caught estimate 10000 of them. they disappeared for a while then come back from a new direction, i think perhaps a neighboring colony has expanded it territory. these new ones take the hint quicker but come sneaking back after a few days. think i am too far from their base to cause permanent wipe out for them.

this location i am in now is the first time i have encountered these smelly black ants. dont even consider eating something that they have crawled on as the leave some sort of stomach upsetting residue. nastiest little bugger i have ever encountered. they bite too even when you are asleep.

Edited by score keeper

just try lemon juice.

A spot of iodine on each ant's back ensures they don't come back. You need to find a really small dropper though, and have very steady hands....and a lot of patience.

you can also mount a bomb with remote control on every ant's back.

• Like 2

just try lemon juice.

A spot of iodine on each ant's back ensures they don't come back. You need to find a really small dropper though, and have very steady hands....and a lot of patience.

.. and don't forget to poke their eyes out with a brick first . (sorry, reminded me of an old Indian army poem that I have lost)

The little ants love this stuff.

Maybe what James is talking about?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Similar but the one I got has a yellow cap. Forget to check the name of it last night.. The one I have is flatter designed bottled, like a tiny lepages glue bottle if you remember what they looked like.

Anyways, the only place I found it was at Foodland - at the very bottom near all the bug spray type stuff. I have used it sparingly for years and it works. About 100 baht for a bottle. Those fast black buggers take it and run and never return.

no these particulars ant are absolutely bad news. if you want to live in your present location you need to do your best to get rid of them.

if you know where the nest is and can acess it, boiling water will take them down. repeat as necessary.

also attract them to sweet thing in the toilet bath room and apply the boiling water there. watch you feet though. repeat often .

current location has dark wood table and these ants cant be seen on it and from there they even pounce on your dinner while you are eating it. terrible things.

Edited by score keeper
  • Like 1