be honest, how much do you drink?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0  for 2+ years now. 

(but I used to drink about 20 beer a week for first 10 years here)  1 after work x 5 days + 15 on Friday or Saturday night.

x52 weeks = 1000+ a year. x 10 yrs = 10,000+ beers  = alot of time taking the p...

I don't drink, Im silly enough without it. Haven't had a drink for a very long time, maybe more than 10 years, cant remember.I use to drink as a young man, but not that much.

Terrible drug.

Like most things alcohol is OK if taken in moderation and most people who do indulge are sensible and can handle that.

Of course there are some people who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the stuff, much as with sharp objects or moving parts that aren't powered by clockwork.  But at least you are smart enough to know your limits.

Take care now.    thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigbamboo

I don't drink and prefer not being around people when they are drinking.  Never could see the attraction.

Drinking alcohol is OK in moderation, if I decided I would prefer not to be around people when they are drinking, I would have no friends at all. I have never touched alcohol in my life, and back home in Scotland, apart from being with girls and playing with the band, I would have no social life at all.

i have been with a few guys who I thought were friends and when out in their company, never stood my round and had a couple of soft drinks I bought myself that would last me all night, I have found some of them interesting to talk to, and whenever I have ask to meet them, they always made excuses, or never turned up.

One thing that has bothered me all my adult life is the Scottish custom of always being expected to stand my round, ie a guy decides he wants to go out for a couple of pints, he meets other aquaintences and those two pints end up being nine or ten, when all he wanted was two.

The checkbin out here in Thailand is the way to go. I am always included in my friends nights away, and nobody expects me to "stand my round", and I have not lost one friend or aquaintence because I don't drink. The same also applies to any TV members I have met.

I can identify with your situation and found my own way of coping.  These days I see people during the daylight hours and we usually get home before dark to take care of the pets.  But I spent 20 years in my youth going out every night in Bangkok.  

I drank orange juice and my main focus was on the girls but I was a regular and friendly with many other regulars.  By going out by myself I was not obligated to stick with a particular group of guys, buy rounds or hang around and deal with their increasingly bad behavior as the night wore on.

I haven’t lived that kind of life for 17 years now and don’t miss it.

Your a good guy villagefarang, and I wish you all the best.

• Like 1

0  for 2+ years now. 

(but I used to drink about 20 beer a week for first 10 years here)  1 after work x 5 days + 15 on Friday or Saturday night.

x52 weeks = 1000+ a year. x 10 yrs = 10,000+ beers  = alot of time taking the p...

I don't drink, Im silly enough without it. Haven't had a drink for a very long time, maybe more than 10 years, cant remember.I use to drink as a young man, but not that much.

Terrible drug.

Like most things alcohol is OK if taken in moderation and most people who do indulge are sensible and can handle that.

Of course there are some people who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the stuff, much as with sharp objects or moving parts that aren't powered by clockwork.  But at least you are smart enough to know your limits.

Take care now.    thumbsup.gif

For me, it's not about limts, I just don't enjoy it. The smell of it and drunk idiot is just a major turn off, simple as that.

I go out a couple of times a week, and binge drink

2 small beers

12 sangsom

a couple of vodkas sometimes

Very rarely drink in the house

Even before i retired here, i couldnt drink every night, too much for me

Edited by Bernard Flint

I found I drank significantly more when I lived in the states because quite honestly the alcohol and beer selection is far superior to anything Thailand can offer. Singha, Chang, Leo is utter garbage. Typical higher end spirits are rare in Thailand and when you find them they are quite pricey. With that said I seldom drink here but I do have former colleagues that regularly travel to Thailand and they mule over a nice 750 of Vodka, Tequila, Rum for me. So my collection is growing quite well and I enjoy them sparingly.

There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol. It has been around for thousands of years. Its the people that can handle it or have zero self control that make it a big deal. I love a top shelf spirit "Neat" out in the sala.

Cheers.........

Same with any other drugs.. there is no problem using drugs.. only those who loose control and damage themselves are a problem.

Its the persons body and he / she should be able to do with it what he / she wants as long as you don't cause problems for others.

Beer in the USA superior. You must to be joking. All the common and most drinked beers in the US are terrible. Among the worst in the world

Oh My......... Clearly you have only tried Budweiser, Michelob, Miller and Coors which in comparison is like enjoying Leo, Chang, Singha and Archer. 

The US has the widest variety of beers anywhere in the world. I am not saying all are good but the majority are absolutely excellent. The only beer I have found that is noteworthy in Thailand, but is imported and pricey, is Hoegaarden. 

You shold try beer from most of the Europen countries then...............

• Like 1

Same with any other drugs.. there is no problem using drugs.. only those who loose control and damage themselves are a problem.

Its the persons body and he / she should be able to do with it what he / she wants as long as you don't cause problems for others.

Beer in the USA superior. You must to be joking. All the common and most drinked beers in the US are terrible. Among the worst in the world

Oh My......... Clearly you have only tried Budweiser, Michelob, Miller and Coors which in comparison is like enjoying Leo, Chang, Singha and Archer. 

The US has the widest variety of beers anywhere in the world. I am not saying all are good but the majority are absolutely excellent. The only beer I have found that is noteworthy in Thailand, but is imported and pricey, is Hoegaarden. 

You shold try beer from most of the Europen countries then...............

Where do you think American beer came from?  China.  Malt, hops, yeast, brewmeisters all from the old country. 

i start 10green bottles hanging on the wall
9 green bottles hangin on wall
8green bottle hanin on wall
7greenish bottles on wall
6coloured things over there
5empty bottles under chair
4where the futing bottles
3where the futin wall
2futin chair
1futin beer

[quote name="bangkoklasse" post="8055945" timestamp="1404464010"][quote name="JAFO" post="8054866" timestamp="1404446924"] [quote name="larsjohnsson" post="8054707" timestamp="1404444871"] [quote name="robblok" post="8054493" timestamp="1404442187"] [quote name="JAFO" post="8054488" timestamp="1404442080"]I found I drank significantly more when I lived in the states because quite honestly the alcohol and beer selection is far superior to anything Thailand can offer. Singha, Chang, Leo is utter garbage. Typical higher end spirits are rare in Thailand and when you find them they are quite pricey. With that said I seldom drink here but I do have former colleagues that regularly travel to Thailand and they mule over a nice 750 of Vodka, Tequila, Rum for me. So my collection is growing quite well and I enjoy them sparingly.

There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol. It has been around for thousands of years. Its the people that can handle it or have zero self control that make it a big deal. I love a top shelf spirit "Neat" out in the sala.

Cheers.........

[/quote]Same with any other drugs.. there is no problem using drugs.. only those who loose control and damage themselves are a problem.

Its the persons body and he / she should be able to do with it what he / she wants as long as you don't cause problems for others.[/quote]
 [/quote]

[/quote]
You shold try beer from most of the Europen countries then...............[/quote]

Yes I agree 100%. From countries like Belgium, Germany or Czech republic

[/quote]
You shold try beer from most of the Europen countries then...............[/quote]

Yes I agree 100%. From countries like Belgium, Germany or Czech republic

"How long have English brewers been using American hops? Much longer than you think"

why have tea totalars have a dead pan look on there face all time   never smile or laught like heading for dementia

Normally I'm not a spelling or grammar Nazi.  But you really ought to read your post very carefully before pointing the finger at someone else's dementia again.

I've reached the age where a night out drinking hurts for about 3 days afterward, so I do not drink to excess... Maybe one or two cocktails per week after work with mates, but no more...  Now that I have officially retired and am moving back to Thailand, I figure I've been saving my liver for retirement... 

• Like 1

why have tea totalars have a dead pan look on there face all time   never smile or laught like heading for dementia

You mean like this?  You did know he was a teetotaler? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_teetotalers

Vlad the Hammer kind of surprised me.

And then there's that quintessential Buzzkill- Eddie Murphy.  Dead pan?  I think not.

Billy Connolly?  Who'da thunk it?

Edited by impulse

As per usual bashing away without a clue. 

2,456 breweries to be precise — the Brewers Association cites in its 2012 data on U.S. breweries. 

Theweek.com/speedreads/index/264094/speedreads-is-the-census-bureau-underestimating-american-breweries

Do you think all 2456 breweries stay open because no one drinks the beer?  In 1900 there were 1751 breweries in America do you think no one drank at those too? 

Australia is not defined by the people with no taste who drink Fosters in the same way American beer is not defined by the people who use Budweiser for baking or the occasional drink.  There is bad beer made in every country. 

From The Revocation of American Independence

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/431642_10151144133110665_1558249445_n.jpg

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

---------------------

[quote name="thailiketoo" post="8056304" timestamp="1404469516"][quote name="larsjohnsson" post="8056227" timestamp="1404468130"] [/quote]

Yes I agree 100%. From countries like Belgium, Germany or Czech republic[/quote] "How long have English brewers been using American hops? Much longer than you think"[/quote]

Those American hops are actually resurrected European hops. We have the US to thank for bringing them back.

As a Brit real ale drinker I must say that I have grown fonder and fonder of US craft beer. Outrageously good.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 2

[quote name="draftvader" post="8057055" timestamp="1404484807"]

[quote name="thailiketoo" post="8056304" timestamp="1404469516"][quote name="larsjohnsson" post="8056227" timestamp="1404468130"] [/quote]

Yes I agree 100%. From countries like Belgium, Germany or Czech republic[/quote] "How long have English brewers been using American hops? Much longer than you think"[/quote]

Those American hops are actually resurrected European hops. We have the US to thank for bringing them back.

As a Brit real ale drinker I must say that I have grown fonder and fonder of US craft beer. Outrageously good.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app[/quote]

Words of wisdom (as usual). English beers are great, but so are American beers devolved from English beers.
  • Like 1