Visa Run To Laos Or Cambodia

Hello,

If I want to extend my visa, I can leave Thailand and prolong it at the border.

How does it actually work?

Is there a place to get it in Chang Mai? If not, what would be the closest one?

What do I need to bring along if I need a 30-day tourist visa?

How long does it take to get it for example in Laos or Cambodia?

How much does it cost?

Is it possible to do it at the weekend?

Sorry for all those questions. I just have no idea about it. :-)

Thank you for your patience!

Kate

Hello,

How much does it cost?

Kate

Hello, I am going on a run tomorrow June 27, if you would like to share taxi expense we can show you how to get your visa. We will be going to Cambodia for the visa. Let me know today as we leave at 0800. Taxi cost 3,000 baht or 1,500 each. You will need to bring enough baht to get your passport stamped in Cambodia and to pay the exit cost of I believe 500 Baht. You can call me at 02 929-5617

R King

I am leaving from Bangkok, near Don Mueng airport
Not very helpful for someone who needs to do a border run from Chiangmai, is it?

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

I am leaving from Bangkok, near Don Mueng airport
Not very helpful for someone who needs to do a border run from Chiangmai, is it?

---------------

Maestro

May I ask you this? Did you offer to help this person? I didn't see any other posts to the request for help. I would expect someone that knows how to help this person. Now I will retract my offer. she can blame you

Hello,

How much does it cost?

Kate

Kate I am very sorry. I was trying to help you, but some people thought I was out of line.. I will go to Cambodia ..with my Thai wife.. tomorrow, after being here for a year on an O visa. I have to leave as I have been unable to find employment in this country to support my Thai family. To be sur Thailand doesn't give a good shit about their people as they would not deny a right to work for a thai family. I really think Thai laws suck for the the people that support a hai family. It makes my wife feel as if I AM THE ONE THAT WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM. In reality it is the Thai Politics.

You see Thailand doesn't care about its people as long as they,( the politicians) have a great income. Yes this means you Mr Toxin... I will leave this little baby in your hands and her mother and my wife... I have had about enough of this bull shit as I can take. I can no longer take care of 3 Thai's with no way of getting work. You would rather kill 3 people to save one from a job. Shame on you Toxin.

Hello,

How much does it cost?

Kate

I have not been to Cambodia, but I have been to Laos, and I would assume one thing... the weekend is not the best time to go.

If indeed all you want is a 30-day tourist visa, all you will need is your passport, I believe 1900 baht, and you will need to complete the application form at the Thai Embassy/Consulate (there is one in Vientienne). Applications (along with the passport) are accepted until 12noon each business day, and returned after 1pm the next business day. That is why I do not recommend submitting application and passport on a Friday; otherwise you will have to wait till Monday afternoon to collect it. (Embassy is closed Saturday and Sunday).

May I ask... do you really need a 30-day tourist visa, or will a mere 30-day entry stamp in your passport suffice? A tourist visa can be extended (within Thailand) for another 30-days (for 1900 baht), whereas a 30-day stamp can only be extended by 10 days (cost?).

If all you require is the 30-day entry stamp, then there is no need to visit the Thai Embassy. A border checkpoint will suffice, and hence going on a weekend is ok.

Other TV-ers... please correct me if any of this information is wrong/outdated. I was last in Vientienne in 07/2004.

You are aTroll,RKING.

Why do you think Thailand should give you a workpermit for free?Because you had a child with a thai woman?If you aren't able to sustain your family in your own country,then you aren't able in Thailand either.Do you want preferential treatment? most Farangs living in the Kingdom know the rules and abide by them;it's not always easy or convenient.

Ihate to say it,but if you don't like here,you can always go back where you come from! :o

Hello,

How much does it cost?

Kate

I have not been to Cambodia, but I have been to Laos, and I would assume one thing... the weekend is not the best time to go.

If indeed all you want is a 30-day tourist visa, all you will need is your passport, I believe 1900 baht, and you will need to complete the application form at the Thai Embassy/Consulate (there is one in Vientienne). Applications (along with the passport) are accepted until 12noon each business day, and returned after 1pm the next business day. That is why I do not recommend submitting application and passport on a Friday; otherwise you will have to wait till Monday afternoon to collect it. (Embassy is closed Saturday and Sunday).

May I ask... do you really need a 30-day tourist visa, or will a mere 30-day entry stamp in your passport suffice? A tourist visa can be extended (within Thailand) for another 30-days (for 1900 baht), whereas a 30-day stamp can only be extended by 10 days (cost?).

If all you require is the 30-day entry stamp, then there is no need to visit the Thai Embassy. A border checkpoint will suffice, and hence going on a weekend is ok.

Other TV-ers... please correct me if any of this information is wrong/outdated. I was last in Vientienne in 07/2004.

Thany you Gumball for helping this person.. bless you as you had the best answer for someone in Chaen Mai

You are aTroll,RKING.

Why do you think Thailand should give you a workpermit for free?Because you had a child with a thai woman?If you aren't able to sustain your family in your own country,then you aren't able in Thailand either.Do you want preferential treatment? most Farangs living in the Kingdom know the rules and abide by them;it's not always easy or convenient.

Ihate to say it,but if you don't like here,you can always go back where you come from! :o

Did I say for free? Or did I say there were no jobs for farangs? Now let me ask you how many times you had to call for help with telephone, internet or Tv service and get a response of reset your box? Then they leave as they can't help you after that.

to oravka:

Visaextention can be done at CM Immigration, 30days stamp for 10days,TouristVisa for 30days, Non Immi for 21days.

From CM I would recommend to travel to ChiangRai and take the Bus to MaeSia/Tachilek,the border to Mynmar.

There you can exit Thailand and re-enter,

Upon re-entry you will get another 30day stamp.

If you require a visa you need to visit a Embassy or Consulate,but neither the Thai Embassies Laos or Cambodia will issue you a double entry.

If you need further help pls PM me.

toRKING,

disagree with yr "offer"to help and the resulting negative post.

You can always apply for a ThaiWifeVisa or start a own business to support yr family.

Edited by visarunner

A tourist visa can be extended (within Thailand) for another 30-days (for 1900 baht), whereas a 30-day stamp can only be extended by 10 days (cost?).

Any extension costs 1900 regardless 10 days, 30 days or 1 year.

Hello,

How much does it cost?

Kate

Kate I am very sorry. I was trying to help you, but some people thought I was out of line.. I will go to Cambodia ..with my Thai wife.. tomorrow, after being here for a year on an O visa. I have to leave as I have been unable to find employment in this country to support my Thai family. To be sur Thailand doesn't give a good shit about their people as they would not deny a right to work for a thai family. I really think Thai laws suck for the the people that support a hai family. It makes my wife feel as if I AM THE ONE THAT WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM. In reality it is the Thai Politics.

You see Thailand doesn't care about its people as long as they,( the politicians) have a great income. Yes this means you Mr Toxin... I will leave this little baby in your hands and her mother and my wife... I have had about enough of this bull shit as I can take. I can no longer take care of 3 Thai's with no way of getting work. You would rather kill 3 people to save one from a job. Shame on you Toxin.

thats a wind up right??

no job so you just drop the family and head off to a welfare state somewhere??

if you are not a wind up dont you think that it would have been prudent to have a method of supporting a family before you got you "equipment" out your pants and started one??

Edited by smartecosse