60-day double-entry tourist visa with re-entry permits

Hi,

I would like to stay longer in Thailand (as a tourist, not work), but will have to leave to work in China from time to time. I have an EU passport. With the new visa exemption rules, I want to avoid being turned away at the airport border control after August 12. Therefore, what are your thoughts about the following:

• Go to Vientiane and get a 60-day double-entry visa (BHT 2,000) = visa for 120 days
  • Get a multiple re-entry permit (BHT 3,900)

With this, will I be able to leave Thailand for a week or so once every 4-5 weeks and enter, until the 120 days are up?

Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Many thanks for any input.

BT

A re-entry permit would only be valid for each 60 day permit to stay from the entry. You could also get one for the 30 day extension combined with what is remaining from the 60 day entry that was extend,

It could be done but you would need to get a single entry for each trip out.

Nobody but immigration knows what the new rules will be after the 12th.

• Like 1

A re-entry permit would only be valid for each 60 day permit to stay from the entry. You could also get one for the 30 day extension combined with what is remaining from the 60 day entry that was extend,

Thank you.

Yes, that makes sense. So it would be two re-entry permits per visa. Do you know whether I would need to get those at immigration or at the airport?

I hope this will still be possible after August 12.

Thank you.

Yes, that makes sense. So it would be two re-entry permits per visa. Do you know whether I would need to get those at immigration or at the airport?

--------------------

I hate to disagree with ubonjoe but I think that if you had a double entry tourist visa it would be good for two 60 day entries and two possible 30 day extensions (one on each 60 day entry) each costing you 1900 Baht for the extensions.

Now, I believe that if at the same time you got a multi entry re-entry permit for 3800 baht at the same time you got the double entry tourist visa that multi entry re-entry permit would be good for the length of the double entry tourist visa.

That would be 180 days.

Bit as I say, I'm no expert, and I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Thank you.

You can get a re-entry permit at either airport in Bangkok 24 a day.

For the 2nd re-entry permit the you could go immigration up to 30 days before your 60 days ends and apply for the 30 day extension and apply for a re-entry permit at the same time.

• Like 1

re-entry permit is valid for your current entry, nothing to do with your visa.

so need 4 total. Better do single-re-entry at the airport when needed.

Thanks. I will probably get single re-entry as needed.

Can anyone confirm the re-entry permits are available at the airport in CNX?

Thank you.

--------------------

I hate to disagree with ubonjoe but I think that if you had a double entry tourist visa it would be good for two 60 day entries and two possible 30 day extensions (one on each 60 day entry) each costing you 1900 Baht for the extensions.

Now, I believe that if at the same time you got a multi entry re-entry permit for 3800 baht at the same time you got the double entry tourist visa that multi entry re-entry permit would be good for the length of the double entry tourist visa.

That would be 180 days.

Bit as I say, I'm no expert, and I could be wrong.

You are completely wrong.

Re-entry permits are only done for the current permit to stay date you have not the length of a visas validity.