Marriage Registration

Guest Froggy

Guest Froggy

Hi Members!

I'm trying to find some informations about the Marriage Registration in Thailand!

My Girlfriend(Thai citizen) called the registration office(Amphoe if I'm right) in Bangkok to have some details on how to register our Marriage.

They mentioned that we will need 2 witness and 1 person to translate Thai to English during the registration!

I'm not talking about the single certificate from my Embassy that I have to make it translated!

I would like to know if the Translator that I need at the Registration Office can be my Girlfriend?

I would like to know also if for the 2 witness, if they can be 2 Thai friends?

Thanks for your help!

Froggy

I would like to know if the Translator that I need at the Registration Office can be my Girlfriend?

I would like to know also if for the 2 witness, if they can be 2 Thai friends?

yes, your girlfriend can be the translator. you don't need to bring any witnesses, they will take care of everything for you.

In Bangkok if you do at Bang Rak District they can speak English well enough a translator is not needed. The requirement is that you have to sign paperwork with bio data/legal conditions on it so they want you to understand what you are signing. It should be someone other than your wife (for obvious reasons) but need not be an official translator. Witness can be anyone. If you go without anyone they can find for a very small fee I am sure.

I married alrready with a thai lady.

Your wife can translate for you and the witness (no problem) they will put ot for you (even if you take your friends with you, you must use their witnesses *of course, you will have to pay 100 bath for each witness*).