Le Patta Hotel

MMan

Booked to stay at this new centrally located hotel, but having a bit of trouble figuring out exactly where it is. Address is 610 Phahonyothin Rd.

If I type the address into Google maps, it appears to be south of the Wiang Inn on the same road, near the Diamond Park. However on the hotel website and also Agoda, both of which refer you to Google Maps, it shows as being north of the Night Bazaar on their version of Google maps. Help?

Does Phahonyothin make a 90 degree turn right north of the Night Bazaar and go out to Hwy 1? (turning where it intersects with Baan Phaparkan)?

If, I repeat if, it's the one I'm thinking of then yes it's a right turn at the Pratu Sri junction (Doi Chang Coffee shop) following the Phaholyothin Road which does the same turn. It's about 150m on the right next to a big electric appliances store.

So North from Night Bazaar to first lights, right there and look for it on the right. It looks very nice boutique style hotel.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to let us know it's good and bad sides.

Enjoy

• Like 2

This is a great little boutique 3 star to 3.5 star hotel. Only 6 months old. Clean, modern & comfortable. Great staff - very friendly and eager to be helpful. While not luxurious and a bit spartan, it is of stylish modern contemporary design. Pool & fitness room are small but do the job. Free wifi works fine. Complimentary mini bar. I have a deluxe room which is roomy and well designed, with a nice balcony overlooking the pool. The breakfast eggs tasted like they came from a microwave but no complaints and overall I thought breakfast was quite satisfactory (the whole wheat bread was excellent).

Location is good - 5 minute walk to night market, 2 blocks from the clock tower and about 3 blocks from the 'farang nightlife' bar street.

Extra bonus points for the very comfortable mattress, and also the bathroom with large counter-top and large walk-in rain shower.

Overall a very solid choice and great value for the price. I normally stay at either the Wiang Inn, Dusit Island or Le Meridien and have had good stays at all three, though now there are 4 hotels I would be happy to stay at when in the area.

As it is new and small, most taxi drivers and even the taxi dispatch call line are not familiar with it.

• Like 1

This is a great little boutique 3 star to 3.5 star hotel. Only 6 months old. Clean, modern & comfortable. Great staff - very friendly and eager to be helpful. While not luxurious and a bit spartan, it is of stylish modern contemporary design. Pool & fitness room are small but do the job. Free wifi works fine. Complimentary mini bar. I have a deluxe room which is roomy and well designed, with a nice balcony overlooking the pool. The breakfast eggs tasted like they came from a microwave but no complaints and overall I thought breakfast was quite satisfactory (the whole wheat bread was excellent).

Location is good - 5 minute walk to night market, 2 blocks from the clock tower and about 3 blocks from the 'farang nightlife' bar street.

Extra bonus points for the very comfortable mattress, and also the bathroom with large counter-top and large walk-in rain shower.

Overall a very solid choice and great value for the price. I normally stay at either the Wiang Inn, Dusit Island or Le Meridien and have had good stays at all three, though now there are 4 hotels I would be happy to stay at when in the area.

As it is new and small, most taxi drivers and even the taxi dispatch call line are not familiar with it.

I am surprised that you find this hotel "great value for the price". I am a restaurateur/hotelier, now retired and living in CR for the past 2 years. The NGO my gf works with has sought my advice on local hotels and because they do great work (TB, child protection, disaster relief etc) and I have a lot of free time on my hands I have personally rated over 100 local hotels and guest houses for them. Le Patta is a good centrally located relatively new hotel; I don't doubt that, but it is not good value for money when compared to other hotels in it's category.

I am surprised that you find this hotel "great value for the price". I am a restaurateur/hotelier, now retired and living in CR for the past 2 years. The NGO my gf works with has sought my advice on local hotels and because they do great work (TB, child protection, disaster relief etc) and I have a lot of free time on my hands I have personally rated over 100 local hotels and guest houses for them. Le Patta is a good centrally located relatively new hotel; I don't doubt that, but it is not good value for money when compared to other hotels in it's category.

Surely "good value for money" depends on taste and the size of one's wallet. Possibly file under the category: superfluous comment?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Would you be kind enough to recommend some hotels that are good value for money. 2-3000 bht per nite and I'm a thai resident

Thanks