Qatar wants to boost trade with Thailand

Lite Beer

Qatar wants to boost trade with Thailand
By Digital Content

14045354205617-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, July 5 -- Oil-rich Qatar was prepared to help Thailand with energy and also wanted to boost trade and investment cooperation with this country, according to Air Force spokesman Air Marshal Monthon Satchukorn, who is also advisor to the economic chief of the National Council for Peace and Order NCPO).

Air Marshal Monthon said air force chief and deputy leader of NCPO responsible for economic affairs, Air Chief Marshal Prajin Janthong, on Friday held talks with Qatar's ambassador to Thailand, Jabor Ali H A Al-Dosari, regarding economic cooperation between the two countries.

He quoted ambassador Al-Dosari as telling ACM Prajin that Qatari government leaders had conveyed appreciation to NCPO in building peace for the Thais and wanted to strengthen economic cooperation with this country.

Qatar has expertise in energy and also has several oil sources and it wants to see more trade and investment between the two countries, Mr Al-Dosari reportedly told ACM Prajin.
Also, many Qatari people visit Thailand and also receive medical treatment in this country.

In response, ACM Prajin thanked Qatar for understanding the political situation in Thailand and briefed the ambassador on what the NCPO has been doing after it seized power on May 22 up until now, in order to achieve genuine democracy for Thailand.

On boosting bilateral economic cooperation, ACM Prajin reportedly told the ambassador that he agreed with the idea and also invited more Qataris to visit Thailand, according to Air Marshal Monthon. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-05

After the shabby treatment of Saudi Arabia over the Blue Diamond affair,

I am amazed that an Arab country would want anything to do with Thailand......

Everyone is money hungry.....Thais, Arabs, European, Chinese, Americans.....

After the shabby treatment of Saudi Arabia over the Blue Diamond affair,

I am amazed that an Arab country would want anything to do with Thailand......

I don't think they actually like each other that much. Was a border conflict in recent past between them and both have political/regional agendas that clash with the others. Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Good to see the 2 slavery capitals of the world getting closer.

With its huge population of nearly 2 million this will surely replace the lost trade with Europe thumbsup.gif

Does that 2 million population include the slaves also?

With its huge population of nearly 2 million this will surely replace the lost trade with Europe thumbsup.gif

Yea.

The population of Qatari nationals (those rich enough to buy Thai goods) is a massiive 0.25 million. Pivoting away from Europe and America towards massive export hungry markets such as Burma and Qatar is a shrewd move by the junta and, combined with military shows of dancing, sure to return happiness to the people.

• Like 2

As an overall component of foreign policy, Thailand has had a "Look West" foreign policy, from the mid 1990s, formal diplomatic relations with Qatar commenced in 1980.

From a 2012 report:

Currently there are approximately 2000 Thais in Qatar, and around 90 percent of them are labourers in the construction industry, both skilled and unskilled. In addition there are 500 Thai aircrew staff working for Qatar Airways. The total population of Thais in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is about 15,000.

http://www.theedge.me/thailand-means-business-with-qatar/

Which index has Thailand and Qatar has the 2 slavery capitals?

Or did you just make this up?

They have oil. They need women and cheap labor for their infrastructure initiatives. They are a good partner for Thailand which has plenty of women and plenty of cheap labor.

What infrastructure initiatives specifically require women? Do you think only men can be "cheap labor"?

I see a very high proportion of women working on Thai infrastructure projects - construction and maintenance. Now whether they are Thai, Burmese, Cambodian or Laos, I don't know.

Yea.

The population of Qatari nationals (those rich enough to buy Thai goods) is a massiive 0.25 million. Pivoting away from Europe and America towards massive export hungry markets such as Burma and Qatar is a shrewd move by the junta and, combined with military shows of dancing, sure to return happiness to the people.

Meanwhile, the Japanese, Chinese and South Koreans continue to invest in Thailand and trade with Thailand as normal.

US and EU political rhetoric is wonderful - Kerry looking sterner and Hague trying to be important and pretend the EU listens to him, Meanwhile, it's business as usual.

That's why the UN doesn't work. Everyone is too self interested and pushes their own agenda.

Qatar is a very rich country. Like all of the GCC countries they seek to establish long term food supply chains. Now Thailand just might have some cheap rice to trade for oil.

Qatari's own vast tracts of London and other major cities, many premier sports clubs, and invest in many industries and businesses. A small country but a very wealthy one.

Meanwhile, the Japanese, Chinese and South Koreans continue to invest in Thailand and trade with Thailand as normal.

US and EU political rhetoric is wonderful - Kerry looking sterner and Hague trying to be important and pretend the EU listens to him, Meanwhile, it's business as usual.

That's why the UN doesn't work. Everyone is too self interested and pushes their own agenda.

Qatar is a very rich country. Like all of the GCC countries they seek to establish long term food supply chains. Now Thailand just might have some cheap rice to trade for oil.

Qatari's own vast tracts of London and other major cities, many premier sports clubs, and invest in many industries and businesses. A small country but a very wealthy one.

Absolutely viva the revolution! articles like these are all lies http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20140622_09.html and http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/World-Bank-sees-dimmer-Thai-Economic-30236015.html

I`m glad I have soul partners like yourself who can see past this, and see this is all a great fight against corruption and not part of something bigger thumbsup.gif

Down with Thaskin and all that whistling.gif

Absolutely viva the revolution! articles like these are all lies http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20140622_09.html and http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/World-Bank-sees-dimmer-Thai-Economic-30236015.html

I`m glad I have soul partners like yourself who can see past this, and see this is all a great fight against corruption and not part of something bigger thumbsup.gif

Down with Thaskin and all that whistling.gif

The US haven't banned Thai products, Most consumers don't care - rightly or wrongly. Qatar is rich, has extensive holdings throughout EU and US and has lots of money to spend. They probably feel safer too now.

You repeatedly show your affection for that champion of the people, the criminal fugitive and his talented band of family and cronies. You must be so enlightened to see the benefits of Thaksinomics and how it manged to increase his families wealth by 450% over the last 3 years. Sadly couldn't do much for the Thai economy.

But hey keep on with what you think are witty and trendy remarks to divert from your lack of meaningful intelligent responses.

Not bothering to answer my questions about where you got the information that Qatar and Thailand are the 2 slave capitals of the world? Can we assume you made it up as usual?

Edited by Baerboxer

The US haven't banned Thai products, Most consumers don't care - rightly or wrongly. Qatar is rich, has extensive holdings throughout EU and US and has lots of money to spend. They probably feel safer too now.

You repeatedly show your affection for that champion of the people, the criminal fugitive and his talented band of family and cronies. You must be so enlightened to see the benefits of Thaksinomics and how it manged to increase his families wealth by 450% over the last 3 years. Sadly couldn't do much for the Thai economy.

But hey keep on with what you think are witty and trendy remarks to divert from your lack of meaningful intelligent responses.

Not bothering to answer my questions about where you got the information that Qatar and Thailand are the 2 slave capitals of the world? Can we assume you made it up as usual?

The whole forum is a joke now so Im joining in the fun. smile.png How can you have a debate when one side of it is deleted?

Furthermore how can you expect me to have a serious discussion with someone like yourself who has shown time and time again they have little or no understanding of what is going on? With someone who thinks pointing out the wrongs of Thaksin is (still) the answer to all questions?

You repeatedly show your affection for that champion of the people, the criminal fugitive

Can you give a single quote i made to back this up? Just one? Or are you STILL part of the tired dogma nearly a year on, cheering a complex situation like a football match? As in "if you dont like my team you must like the other."

Edited by tullynagardy

Which index has Thailand and Qatar has the 2 slavery capitals?

Or did you just make this up?

Qatar was downgraded from 1 to 2. And Thailand was downgraded from

2 to 3, thus joining the ranks of North Korea and Iran....