Fed up with Porridge

NoshowJones

the spice of life is to other meals, and it is renewed every day

chicken with fries or pasta (with cheese) rice, salsify, beans, broccoli etc. ....

fish with cauliflower or potatoes

chop mutton or pork, a good steck ...

Nice stuffed, quiche lorraine, salad of seasonal vegetables, shepherd's pie and again, and again .......

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porridge, hmm? I do not believe I have ever eaten even one bowl, but as a history buff I have to take a guess and say that you porridge eaters are from Britain. (Himmler forced porridge in Germany because of England's affinity for it.) Or is it that we in the States just call it Oatmeal?

Either way, did I guess right?

This is the reason why we pushed the Brits in Dunkirk 1940 into the sea we had the better müsli recipe cheesy.gif

You misunderstand, we were trying to escape sauerkraut and sausage, beach towels on every deck chair, and your sense of humour!

What sense of humour?

Alternate porridge with Sanitarium WeetBix [Australian] with milk, hot or cold. Use honey as a sweetener.

ARO Oatmeal from Makro is the best I've found and I sometimes add a pinch of salt or cinnamon for taste, usually eat with just honey and natural yoghurt.

That might be ok, but is honey not full of calories? Maybe try it with Lite Sugar instead of honey. But have to wait till I get to Makros.

Calories are not the main problem move your ass,

every day minium half hour strong walk and then you don't have to count calories.

I know that, and I do exercises "move your ass as you say" and I do not have a clue about counting calories. It is common knowledge what foods have high calories. I have never had a weight problem in my life.

When I see all those fat bellies among westerners, I just don't want to end up like them, and I do not drink alcohol.

'... I just don't want to get fat like most of my Farang friends now that I am getting older ...' Yet you take sugar, lite or not?

Your diet sounds neither exciting nor all that healthy. There are plenty of cereals besides porridge, and plenty of fibre-rich sources - such as unpeeled apples and baked potatoes.

I don't know about Sheryl, but you sound as though you need to revisit you diet, period.

You should not cut out porridge. It's very healthy. The rule you should stick to is always eat unprocessed foods, which means nothing from tins and no stuff like ajinomoto, and no burgers and sandwiches and colas. And don't skip the beer because it's healthy to drink, one or two a day. I recommend Archa. Cheers.

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

You should not cut out porridge. It's very healthy. The rule you should stick to is always eat unprocessed foods, which means nothing from tins and no stuff like ajinomoto, and no burgers and sandwiches and colas. And don't skip the beer because it's healthy to drink, one or two a day. I recommend Archa. Cheers.

You might want to drop the heavy print, it looks like attention grabbing.

Greek yoghurt (Farmer's Union) w/ ground flaxseed, blueberries or strawberries, and, if you gotta, some no-calorie sweetener would be fine. Could add in some canned tuna.

Eggs and bacon/sausage/chicken sometimes as well.

• 2 weeks later...

What about poached eggs on wholemeal toast? A couple of slices of grilled bacon, and grilled tomatoes and mushrooms?

You don't have to give up your porridge, just try and add some variety to your breakfast. Liquidise a banana with some cinnamon and add it to your morning oats. You do realise, that you can make savoury oats. It doesn't have to be fruits and sweet things.

Most people would get bored eating the same thing everyday.

Edited by phetphet