No "green Book"

If its not registered to you and you do not posses the book, then legally you dont own the vehicle/bike.

I'd be going to the person you bought it off and getting that book transferred to your name (or someone you can trust)

if you dont have this for the bike does it mean you are totally stuffed or is there a way of getting a replacement / duplicate.

the bike in question is not currently registered to me.

ta much

Do you have a invoice to prove that tax was paid when imported This is the most inportant one as if you dont they can take your bike

Depending on where you live will depend on how important having the book is

Where I live I think I am the only big bike around that has a plate on it and book the rest of the guys have just invoices and dont have to much trouble I think they got hit once in the last couple of years up near chang mai 500bht each for no plate but they carry there invoice with them

If living in Bangkok Pattaya Phuket I would reconmend getting a book if you live in the north well theres no hurry

ok, a bit more info then

got fed up renting and bought an 8 or 9 year old bike from the rental people for only a little more than 1 months rent. Was meant to go back the following week when i had a day off during the week so we could go to the police/transport whatever and get the book changed over.

As usual been really busy and never got round to it. Place now shut for the low season so no person to give me book ....... and now I do have the time which is typical.

I live in Rawai so to be fair its not like i am ever gonna have to have the book for any reason at all and as the bike cost so little it wouldnt really matter if i had to "lose" it.

I simply though that as i did have some time i would get organised for once. So no invoice cos its not new and plated already, no green book (at the moment) cos the "legal" owners are away for a good few months

Does this mean it is impossible to transfer the bike registration? If so what a wonderful system :o

just as well its only five thousand baht in case they dont come back after the low season :D