No alcohol on 11/7 and 12/7?

bergen

I've always been able to find it on these holidays. You may not be able to go to your favorite drinking hole but you should be able to sit and have a drink somewhere. However, it may be served in a coffee cup. Usually no check bins either, pay as you go. However, not sure how the current political situation will affect all this.

Is it really that hard for some people to go without alcohol for two days?

Not everybody on this forum lives in Thailand. I for example go to Thailand regularly for holidays for a couple of weeks. When on holiday I like to go out every night. Which usually involves drinking. 1st thing I look for when booking a holiday, don't go when the moon is full.

That's very true, when you come for your holidays, go have a drink, enjoy yourself. Most of all keep sober, and 99/9% of the times, you will be safe. Have a good time.

Thanks Possum. Never been able to keep sober but always had a good time, trouble free. Been lucky I suppose when you hear some of the horror stories.

The restaurants, hoteliers etc are usually issued with a notice by local BIB when their are no alcohol selling or serving days.

But this year no notices have been issued in this neck of the woods.

Most will not sell or serve alcohol on these days, but the Mamma and Pappa shops will. (Known in the UK as corner shops.)

I've always been able to find it on these holidays. You may not be able to go to your favorite drinking hole but you should be able to sit and have a drink somewhere. However, it may be served in a coffee cup. Usually no check bins either, pay as you go. However, not sure how the current political situation will affect all this.

Some of us work all week. Friday is the only day I can have a drink at all. I wouldn't care at all if it were on any other day, I don't have time drink then anyway. It's not the end of the world for me, but I look forward to being able to go out for a few drinks on Friday night so I'm disappointed I can't do so tomorrow.

Edited by DP25

Some of us work all week. Friday is the only day I can have a drink at all. I wouldn't care at all if it were on any other day, I don't have time drink then anyway. It's not the end of the world for me, but I look forward to being able to go out for a few drinks on Friday night so I'm disappointed I can't do so tomorrow.

There's always next Friday, and apart from the odd time, every Friday after that. No big deal.

The restaurants, hoteliers etc are usually issued with a notice by local BIB when their are no alcohol selling or serving days.

But this year no notices have been issued in this neck of the woods.

Most will not sell or serve alcohol on these days, but the Mamma and Pappa shops will. (Known in the UK as corner shops.)

I don't know where your neck of the woods is but notices were handed out in Pattaya yesterday.

Could someone please give me some advise. My friends and I are considering going out this evening but someone has told me that all bars and nightclubs in tourist areas will shut at midnight and not serve. Is this normally strictly enforced?

Thankyou

Its about time that the sale of alcoholic beverage laws should have a very thorough review in this country , at the moment all that happens is that everyone goes out the previous days and buys up far more than they need then drink it all and get out of their heads Just do what they do in the west and Ban drinking on the streets ? I believe that the existing sale of alcohol the ban between 11am and 4.30pm is to prevent children buying it when they come out of school , Surely the check out people have the sense not to sell to underage kids after all everyone in Thailand should have an ID card to check their ages, I am a retired pensioner and for me not to be able to buy a bottle of Beer ( Once a month) between 11 am and 4.30pm is frankly quite ridiculous.

Perhaps while we have the Military in charge they can bring some common sense to these archaic regulations.

Dont tar me with everybody does this.

yes........ hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gifwelcomeani.gif.pagespeed.ce.WEO6J5z5nm.gWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ce.52UL_9jJ74.png

yes........ hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gifwelcomeani.gif.pagespeed.ce.WEO6J5z5nm.gWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ce.52UL_9jJ74.png

You sure have a problem.

• Like 1

Had a good steak at Dallas Steak House on Sukhumvit, washed down with some Belgium beer, and Australian red wine. Finished up with some pool and more beer at the Office Bar & Grill in soi 33.

So business as usual at these places yesterday...........burp.gif

Edited by bergen

You sure have a problem.

Hehe , yes ;)

Confirmed , Landmark hotel across From soi 5 , openly serving alcohol. Lots of people sitting outside on The terrace drinking Beer and whisky

Beergarden and Visa bar also Open ;):P

Edited by Cithung