Bluetooth

mrbojangles

Hi guys, can someone help.

I have installed nokia pc suite for my nokia N70. It has been working fine upto now with a cable connection :o For some reason it's not detecting the phone now. Has anyone any suggestions as why this might be?

Or, my phone also has bluetooth. Is there a programme i can install onto my computer that allows me to connect to the phone via bluetooth or do i have to buy some new hardware?

Thanks in advance

MrBoJ

Hi guys, can someone help.

I have installed nokia pc suite for my nokia N70. It has been working fine upto now with a cable connection :o For some reason it's not detecting the phone now. Has anyone any suggestions as why this might be?

Or, my phone also has bluetooth. Is there a programme i can install onto my computer that allows me to connect to the phone via bluetooth or do i have to buy some new hardware?

Thanks in advance

MrBoJ

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...C=SEO&U=strat15

Blue tooth dongle! :D I use one to connect my samsung d600 to my laptop. :D

As for problem with wired connection, perhaps a driver reinstall????

Edited by britmaveric

USB bluetooth dongle or built in to your laptop.

I originally used to use a billiton dongle but I made sure BT was built in when I got a newer laptop ( is great with a BT mouse - logitech mx900 ) .

when you plug in the dongle it is most likely that win XP will install its BT stack - it is <deleted> - you need to remove the XP BT drivers and install the broadcom(widcomm) stack & drivers - the majority of dongles will run with them. a little seach on google will give you instructions though the broadcom package is 20+ meg so d/load with adsl.

Nokia PC suite - last time I used it 2 years ago it was a sorry piece of software - in the end when I had had enough of its shiteness I could not un install it - tried all sorts , reg editing etc , in the end I reformatted to get rid of it . there is another similar piece of software called oxygen which people found to be a better phone manager.

to use the BT connection to the phone you need a piece of software from intuwave called mrouter - nokia provided version 2 but intuwave had version 3 beta on its website and I though that was much better.

post any probs you have and I can try and remember the solution or you can trawl through the online discussion forums - might help you understand it better

have fun

Thanks for that Stu. The nokia suite i have installed is version 6.6. It's been working great and seems to do everything that i want (but when you don't know what else is out there you can become ignorant i suppose).

I turned my phone off and then turned it back on with it connected to the PC and it connected ok but I am going to get a dongle anyway.

Many thanks guys :D

On another note (maybe i should start a new topic) :o I have 2 computers that are networked through a BT Voyager 220v ADSL router. Mine is the main computer and so has to be switched on for the other one to read files for sharing etc and the printer is connected directly to mine.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, (when it went into the shop) the second computer could print off the computer connected to mine but now it can't. I presume the shop did something but don't know what. Any suggestions as to what to look for.

For info, since it came back, the second computer can still open files from the shared files network, so the path seems to be ok.

Cheers :D