Suspect reenacts murder of 13-year-old girl on train to Bangkok

webfact

Suspect reenacts murder of girl on train in Pranburi

7-9-2014-12-30-22-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The suspect who raped and killed the 13-year-old girl passenger on a southern train to Bangkok was flown to Pranburi district of Prachuap Khiri Khan province this morning to reenact the crime on the train.

The murder of the girl has saddened the military junta chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha who ordered relevant authorities to bring the murderer to trial immediately, and tighten security at all public transport services.

The murder also sparked public outcry on social media urging for death sentence and even summary execution of the murderer.

Under tight police security guards, and amid the watchful eyes of over a hundred angry residents, the suspect Wanchai Saengkhao, a 22-year-old bed-sheet replacement employee of a company outsourced by the State Railway of Thailand, was taken on board the sleeper train and reenacted the crime.

He said he drank beers and took drugs with his colleagues first. As his sexual desire was aroused by alcohol, he went to the sleeper carriage, switched off the light and entered the bed where the girl was sleeping.

He said he bodily assaulted the girl, punched at her stomach until she fainted and started to rape her. As she regained consciousness, he punched her again until she fainted again. Afterwards, he dumped her body out of the window, as well as her clothes, and other belongings. But he kept her IPhone with him, he said.

He said he spent about an hour to commit the crime.

Police said they were also looking into the possibilities of more conspirators in the crime such as cooperation from his colleagues who might help to watch the entrance to the carriage.

Police said they were able to net Wanchai because he left his address with a cellphone shop after selling the stolen IPhone from the girl to the shop for 2,000 baht.

Kwanchai was detained at Pranburi police station after finishing the crime reenactment.

Police said they would speed up the investigation and prosecute him in a month.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suspect-reenacts-murder-girl-train-pranburi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-09

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to say won't pass the profanity filters. dry.png

Prom Phiram all over again (this time only one perp) whereas in Prom Phiram every body (ranging from the school principal, the station master, other railways employees 'plus 20 + other perps') all had a cut of the action.

They 'none of the male populace have much to be proud of.

• Like 2

I'm not passing judgement, but I would have never thought to send my 13 year old on a train/plane/bus/taxi/..any transport all alone. I do wish for a universe where children would be safe from this kind of threat.

I blame it on the scum that did the crime...

In the thread about her being missing and the posted reward, it said that she was traveling with her sister and friends. They had individual sleeper berths. They noticed she was missing after an unexpected train stop and power outage.

FWIW, my wife was a regular lone traveler on SRT in her mid/late teens. It's as safe or unsafe as any other comparable train system in any other comparable country. Please keep it in perspective.

• Like 1

Once more we read of an unspeakable act against one of the most defenseless members of our society, an all too often tale of selfish barbarity. Some very relevant comments and opinions from jaltsc, it is indeed less to do with sex and more to do with violence, domination and a perceived assertion of superiority by a dysfunctional mind.

Sadly there will never be a straight forward answer to this kind of crime, the "Hang him high" brigade have a point. If the perp is beyond rehabilitation then there is a case for dispatching him to the after life. It flies in the face of what I believed for years, that a civilized society should not execute criminals, I would now find that impossible to make a case for with the family of a victim. I now believe that there is a "humane" way to carry out the ultimate sentence, I know that will in itself be a contradiction to some people but where the circumstances surrounding a crime are so horrifying, then I now accept the ultimate price is a fair one for a serious criminal to pay, if it is only for the protection of society then that on it's own is enough.

Be it an injection in the arm, a sizable electric shock, or a gas chamber then it can be done, it may not be to everyone's liking but I imagine the victims families would find it acceptable...