Brazil Vs Ghana

mrbojangles

Adriano could have been blown up for being offside twice. Not saying he was. the first pass he wasn't interfering with play. the cross for the goal he was inches in front (no clear daylight, give the advantage to the attacker etc.)

However, plenty of offsides given for less.

1-1 would be a fairer result at half time.

Brazil 2-0

Ghana 56% possesion. around 10 shots on target. Take heed boys. Ghana are opening Brazil's defense like a can opener. How they are not in front. One good goal, one clear off side. Very entertaining.

Brazil 2-0

Ghana 56% possesion. around 10 shots on target. Take heed boys. Ghana are opening Brazil's defense like a can opener. How they are not in front. One good goal, one clear off side. Very entertaining.

agreed, ghana should be in front with the chances they had. but so far they're only shooting blanks.

Well, so far everyone (apart from 2) are still in with a shout of the correct score. :D

Chonabot 4 - 1

HaroiHenry 3 - 0

Explorer 2 - 1

OneeyedJohn 3 - 0

JackR 2 - 1

Old_Croc 2 - 0

Scouse 2 - 0

ThaiPauly 2- 0

BritMaverick 2 - 0

Khun Yak 2 - 1

Nongwahyay 4 - 1

Mr Bojangles 3 - 0

Jockstar 4 - 1

Chuchok 2 - 0

Sing_Sling 3 - 1

CalibanJr 3 - 1

Donz 2 -2

TomYumG 3 - 2

BackPack 2 - 0

Neeranam 2 - 0

Daleyboy 2 - 0

Simmo 3 - 0

SpittheDog 3 - 0

TheVulcan 3 - 1

SvenIvan 3 - 1

Game4shame 2 - 1

RedRus 3 - 1

Totster 4 - 0

Prof Fart 3 - 0

Greg.D :o

Tytus 1 - 0 :D

53 minutes of the game gone....and only now can I tune in, as I had to work again so late..........which brings me to the most important question....am I surriounded by a bunch of lazy, time-wasting no-gooders, who have nothing else in their noddles but football????? (That should inspire a reply or two.....................................)

Quote from the sun commentry team after 70 mins

" Good save from Dida, but then he hasn't had much to do this game."

Are they watching the same game?

The other commentator has now said Dida deserves man-of-the-match.

Edited by lampard10

Update

Well, so far everyone (apart from 2) are still in with a shout of the correct score. :D

Chonabot 4 - 1 no

HaroiHenry 3 - 0 yes

Explorer 2 - 1 no

OneeyedJohn 3 - 0 yes

JackR 2 - 1 no

Old_Croc 2 - 0 no

Scouse 2 - 0 no

ThaiPauly 2- 0 no

BritMaverick 2 - 0 NO

Khun Yak 2 - 1 no

Nongwahyay 4 - 1 no

Mr Bojangles 3 - 0 YES :D:o Get in, you dancer

Jockstar 4 - 1 no

Chuchok 2 - 0 no

Sing_Sling 3 - 1 no

CalibanJr 3 - 1 no

Donz 2 -2 no

TomYumG 3 - 2 no

BackPack 2 - 0 no

Neeranam 2 - 0 no

Daleyboy 2 - 0 no

Simmo 3 - 0 Yes

SpittheDog 3 - 0 yes

TheVulcan 3 - 1 no

SvenIvan 3 - 1 no

Game4shame 2 - 1 no

RedRus 3 - 1 no

Totster 4 - 0 no

Prof Fart 3 - 0 Yes

Greg.D :D

Tytus 1 - 0 :D

Ghana should be applauded for going out and having a go at Brazil. The killer goal came just before half-time when the linesman could have flagged Adriano offside 3 times. Ghana never looked like getting back in the game after the break.

Even though Adriano scored, he is in my opinion the weak link in Brazil's attack. There were a couple of occaisions when he had the ball at his feet and he failed to notice teamates that were in good goalscoring positions.

Many people are saying that Brazil aren't at they're best but you always get the feeling that they can all of a sudden string 3 passes together and bang. Goal!

Many people are saying that Brazil aren't at they're best but you always get the feeling that they can all of a sudden string 3 passes together and bang. Goal!

Is right. Well done to both teams - the ball hardly left the ground. Brazil were often sloppy with their passing and better teams will make them pay for that. But I can still see it coming together for them and giving us a couple of special performances.

Kofi Annan's boys had plenty of chances but just couldn't finish off. They were ripped off with the second goal and Dida was a lucky SOB to get his calf in the way of whatsisname's header. Whatsisname clearly dove in the box... no-one anywhere near him... knob!

I honestly think had Essien been playing, Ghana might have banged a couple in. And I don't like the bloke for Chelsea. Henry must be rubbing his hands in anticipation, the way Brazils defence collapsed.

And the sports writers. Bah :o The sun ratings gave Brazil mostly 7's and an 8. Ghana's ratings were two 4's, and load of 5's, a couple of sixes and a seven. What match were they watching? I thought if anything Brazil were outplayed. Still I think they got the sportswriters, commentators,ref's and linesman out of the same bunch. Rumour has it FIFA scoured the dole offices of England for the Refs and linesman. It's the best place in the world to get people from every country that are totally useless. :D

Did u say somewhere Lamps that Adriano was offside 3 times...ur right

I jez wotched a replay and three passes were made with Adriano ahead of the ball,,how blatant is that?

U've just gotta hope that England get that kinda luck. Wrong but u don't look a gift horse in the mouth,,do ya ??

I think Ghana, were on a loser before the match started. All the guys that saw the match are with me and reckon that Ghana gave as good as, if not more than they got. All the sportswriters in most of the daily press from around the world, write that Ghana were well and truly thumped. If you don't beleive me log on to the sun newspaper just for one and look at the ratings.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...6290497,00.html

Edited by lampard10

I'm with you lamps. If Ghana had have their finishing better, it would have been a different story. And the Brazilian coach Carlos Alberto Parreira, agrees. He said:-

Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira admitted Ghana had pushed his side all the way in their second round clash.

The holders booked their place in the quarter finals with a 3-0 win in Dortmund on Tuesday.

The scoreline was harsh on Ghana as the African side dominated proceedings for long periods and Parreira paid tribute to the Black Stars.

"We won the game, but the result doesn't show it was not an easy game at all," said Parreira.

"The first half they did well, they should have scored. They had chances."

Brazil will face either Spain or France in the last eight and Parreira concedes things are going to get tougher in the later stages.

"The big guys are coming to the quarter finals," added Parreira.

"It is getting closer and closer. It's getting tougher and tougher."

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article...a+praises+Ghana

Also, this one praises the Ghanan's

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/matchre...d=301448&CPID=4

Edited by mrbojangles