Going to KL on this coming Monday What do I need

Hi and thanks in advance to antone who can assist ,

I am Austaralian who has been in thailand for my 30 days on arrivalll then used my allowed 3 border runs at Tichalek and am now heading to KL for double entry could some one please tell me exactly what I will need to provide and if I get the form there or else where .

Any relevant addional info welcome

You will only get a single entry tourist visa in KL.

I can't tell you what you will need because it seems to change all the time in KL.. Even on the same day and person to person.

Basic is just a copy of your passport photo page and application form with attached photo.

Maybe is financial proof. Ticket out of the country.

I am an Australian passport holder also and went to KL last month for a single entry 60 day tourist visa (double not available). I handed over a copy of passport photo page, one passport size photo and application form (you also need the fee in RM). I did have a copy of my bank statement and a flight out incase i was asked however i was not. I did see other people being asked and trying to show their phone screen to show bank balance and they were told to go to print it out and come back.

This is the first time i have applied in KL and i thought it was very simple. About a 25 min wait and ready next day. As Ubon said it is different for everyone but this is my experience. I did not have any other tourist visas in my passport, however i did have about 20 visa exempt stamps in my passport. I have since left Thailand and had a re-entry stamp put in and will extend this visa for 30 more days when i come back.

Hope it goes well, be sure to report back as i find this site very informative from peoples actual experience, not the people who say what they think is going to happen.

I got a tourist visa in KL in May, US passport. I did include a copy of a bank statement with the application, even though it was not asked. Also flight out of Thailand was not asked. However, again, that was in May.

I am an Australian passport holder also and went to KL last month for a single entry 60 day tourist visa (double not available). I handed over a copy of passport photo page, one passport size photo and application form (you also need the fee in RM). I did have a copy of my bank statement and a flight out incase i was asked however i was not. I did see other people being asked and trying to show their phone screen to show bank balance and they were told to go to print it out and come back.

This is the first time i have applied in KL and i thought it was very simple. About a 25 min wait and ready next day. As Ubon said it is different for everyone but this is my experience. I did not have any other tourist visas in my passport, however i did have about 20 visa exempt stamps in my passport. I have since left Thailand and had a re-entry stamp put in and will extend this visa for 30 more days when i come back.

Hope it goes well, be sure to report back as i find this site very informative from peoples actual experience, not the people who say what they think is going to happen.

I am also an Australian passport holder and just recently returned on a re-entry permit on the second entry of a double entry TV applied for in Vientiane back in March - no problems and no questions asked. No problems coming back in from Cambodia just a few days ago either. I was away for nearly 2 weeks though and while I do have a couple of visa exempt entries (not a whole lot though), this is my first TV in this passport. Prior to now I had an extension for work that ended a few months ago due to getting retrenched. I travel a lot in the region as I now work for a company in China and Vietnam and am considering opening a company here in Thailand too but for now getting a TV is the easiest and best way to go. In any case, I don't consider it to be a long term solution but i hope to tie myself over for a couple more months of regular travel in the region with Thailand as a base. I may consider going for a non-B multi entry when I go back home soon depending on whether the company I do business with here is able to supply the documents necessary for application - however, at this point I have no plans to work for them directly, and am not currently working in Thailand at all.

I know a guy who every year gets double back to back 60 day visas before leaving the UK and staysin Thailand with one visa run. Otherwise, you can get one 60 day on a border run, extend for onemonth and get a second 60 day but I understand they are not giving a third one in the same year. I not sure about non visa entries whether they count in this equation. It used to be you could stay six months in a year but then they changed it to no limit. I had planned to retire in Thailand, then went on a 60 day medical visa and then TR visa but Stoll have not found the ideal location.