Rolling Tobacco

Croyd1

Anybody know where I might pick up some decent rolling tobacco in Bangkok? I figure Khao San Road is a good possibility but I try and avoid the area as much as possible so am fairly ignorant of where to start. I find most cigarettes fairly harsh so am specifically looking for a light tobacco, e.g. Drum Light (or Drum Gold as it's called in England). Am I likely to achieve my goal?

Just do a trip to Khao San every once in a while and stock up. Drum is readily available for 180 Baht. I would presume most touristy areas of the city would have shops selling tobacco.

Each time I go into Bangers I stock up at Khao San as the local shops here are always running out.

I like Samson as well, similar to Drum.

:o

I get drum mild from the big chemist between soi 4 and 2 on suk - they used to have the extra mild but not any more. they have several varieties to chose from. papers are also available there.

all the tobacco is on the left wall as you enter.

I get drum mild from the big chemist between soi 4 and 2 on suk - they used to have the extra mild but not any more. they have several varieties to chose from. papers are also available there.

all the tobacco is on the left wall as you enter.

Villa, Foodland (soi 5 for sure) Pacific Liquor Distributors (small shop around soi 18-20 on Sukhumvit)

and plenty of smaller convenience store in between. While there may actually be one or two good reasons to spend time on khao san, buying drum isn't one of them

You can also get Golden Virginia, Samson and a few other brands of rolling tobacco at Central, as well as plenty of papers (king skins) and pipe tobacco.

However, now they have banned displays of tobacco it will be even harder to find. You wouldn't think to look there but they sell it in the mens clothing section, near the shoes, wallets and keychains. Look for where they sell Zippo lighters.

For something diferent, try some "Asia Gold" from CM, I think. :o

It's a dark baccy but not too strong.

Indeed, Asia Gold is produced here in Thailand by a Brit, mainly for export under various brand names.

Edited by HarryHacker