Thailand strives to become a world leader in Green Building

webfact

Thailand strives to become a world leader in Green Building
By Digital Content

14049782098201.jpg

BANGKOK, July 10 -- Thailand is working toward becoming one of the top ten countries encouraging construction of green buildings to conserve energy and the environment.

Ninnart Chaithirapinyo, chairperson of the Thai Green Building Institute (TGBI), said Thursday that the institute was prepared to evaluate environmentally-friendly buildings designed and constructed in accordance with the Green Building policy.

The evaluation was aimed to assure its internationally-accepted standards in evaluation as that of the US Green Building Council (USGBC) in the United States with more than 200 qualified engineers and architects.

TGBI said 26 green building construction projects in Thailand registered to be assessed in the past two years.

It is believed the amount of energy saved from green building construction will encourage more ecological building projects in the future despite the high cost of construction.

Meanwhile, the organization held the “2014 Thai Green Building Expo and Conference" Thursday at the Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC) to increase knowledge and promote sustainable design and construction of green buildings in the country. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-10

Lie after lies. they don't even put double glazed windows for new condos or office building. most of the entrance and exist doors here are single are always open. I guess it's one way of dealing with global warming by cooling outside too

• Like 1

Cleaning the vast amounts of filth and garbage out of some of the klongs and rivers first might be a starting point before we worry about green buildings. Maybe I should join the queue at the junta with my petition on that.

You will do any thing to try and stop them from cleaning up corruption.

Any particular reason why?

Lie after lies. they don't even put double glazed windows for new condos or office building. most of the entrance and exist doors here are single are always open. I guess it's one way of dealing with global warming by cooling outside too

You should read the article they are not building any thing.

Ninnart Chaithirapinyo, chairperson of the Thai Green Building Institute (TGBI), said Thursday that the institute was prepared to evaluate environmentally-friendly buildings designed and constructed in accordance with the Green Building policy.

Evaluating those who come to them. To date darn few but it is a start.

Have you any particular reason for putting them down and trying to pretend they are not trying to accomplish some thing worthwhile. Are you one of those builders they are trying to get through to?

Cleaning the vast amounts of filth and garbage out of some of the klongs and rivers first might be a starting point before we worry about green buildings. Maybe I should join the queue at the junta with my petition on that.

Don't forget to put on a skimpy black dress and a cheesy smile for the photo shoot.

• Like 1

The windows of most houses are made of wood, without a single rubber closing. Same is true for the doors. When there's wind outside, there's wind inside.

The windows are single layered glass.

The wall are very thin and they are single layered.

Most airco's are not using inverters.

There's no modern ventilation system in the houses.

There's almost no roof insulation.

There's no insulation in the walls.

There's no floor insulation.

Almost none of the houses has solar panels (for producing electricity or hot water).

There's no earth leak protection in the electric system (so if you've a leak, you just heat the soil).

Water tubes are made of cheap PVC and there are a lot of leakages. Tabs are also of extremely bad quality.

There are often no doors in the houses or they are made from cheap PVC.

The roof of the house on the living space are separated by 8mm gypsum. There's no concrete ceiling.

The roof is made of heat conducting metal sheet.

The building quality is so bad you should be very happy if your house doesn't collapse within 20 years.

Taking into account the current status, I don't think it's possible to become a world leader in 10 years.

A European house of the middle ages (1000 years old) is much more energy efficient that a modern new Thai condo.

Ouch! The thin skinned Siamese denizens would be crying for months if they could read your comment.

Truth about one of the many manifestations of Thainess is not welcomed here.

Wear the right Green amulet and be very careful when you start your car in the morning. wink.png

Those who have been to Kyoto or Freiburg can understand the pretentiousness of Thailand to become a leader in Green buildings.

If the powers that be had not kept the canals in such permanent state of degradation throughout successive administrations we would give those pipe dreams the benefit of the doubt.

If we are to believe the elite (ammart) that Thailand is Bangkok: God helps us all.

Bangkok is a bizarre city that builds access ramps on the footpaths; not for the benefit of the wheelchair bound people with disabilities, but for the motorcycles to zip up and down the footpaths endangering pedestrians. If Bangkok is emblematic of Thailand, a city that allows encroachment of public thoroughfares by vendors, taxi cabs and motorcy-taxis, to name only a few, can we expect Thais to reach another wished for hub status?

Thais are not evil people. They are like children; self absorbed in Thainess and only reacting when the problem becomes a crises. Sometimes not even then they react. How can they be leaders of anything if they are mired in being accomplished assemblers, copiers and followers of the flutist that plays the tune of the day? wai.gif

Edited by pisico
  • Like 2

The windows of most houses are made of wood, without a single rubber closing. Same is true for the doors. When there's wind outside, there's wind inside.

The windows are single layered glass.

The wall are very thin and they are single layered.

Most airco's are not using inverters.

There's no modern ventilation system in the houses.

There's almost no roof insulation.

There's no insulation in the walls.

There's no floor insulation.

Almost none of the houses has solar panels (for producing electricity or hot water).

There's no earth leak protection in the electric system (so if you've a leak, you just heat the soil).

Water tubes are made of cheap PVC and there are a lot of leakages. Tabs are also of extremely bad quality.

There are often no doors in the houses or they are made from cheap PVC.

The roof of the house on the living space are separated by 8mm gypsum. There's no concrete ceiling.

The roof is made of heat conducting metal sheet.

The building quality is so bad you should be very happy if your house doesn't collapse within 20 years.

Taking into account the current status, I don't think it's possible to become a world leader in 10 years.

A European house of the middle ages (1000 years old) is much more energy efficient that a modern new Thai condo.

I have read 'somewhere' on the Thaivisa form that as the difference between inside and outside temperature is too small in Thailand, it does not justify / make sense to invest a lot of money in insulation like double windows and walls.

My doors and windows are open 24 hours a day....

Edited by Cloggie