Sexual assault suspect beaten to death in Thai prison

webfact

Sexual Assault Suspect Beaten to Death In Prison
By Khaosod English

14049950601404995529l.jpg
Prasin Nunkaew, 41, was arrested on 9 July 2014 charged with raping his stepdaughter. Today, he was beaten to death by other inmates in Trang Remand Prison.

TRANG — A man accused of sexually assaulting his seven-year-old stepdaughter has been beaten to death in prison, police say, a day after he insisted he was innocent.

Prasin Nunkaew, 41, was arrested yesterday and charged with raping his stepdaughter on 6 July at a rubber farm in Trang district. Mr. Prasin's wife filed the complaint with police.

In a press conference held yesterday, police said Mr. Prasin disputed the charge and insisted on his innocence. He was later transferred to Trang Remand Prison to await trial.

However, this morning the prison officials discovered that Mr. Prasin had been beaten to death by fellow inmates in his holding cell after a fight broke out, said Pol.Cpt. Methee Pinyoprakarn, an officer at Trang Police Station.

Pol.Cpt. Methee claimed that the fight was not related to Mr. Prasin's rape charge, but failed to provide an explanation for the beating. He said the police are investigating the incident.

The incident came at a time when Thai society and media are gripped by the story of 13-year-old girl who was raped and murdered on a night train. An employee of the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) has been arrested and police say he has confessed to raping the girl in a sleeping car before throwing her body overboard.

The case has ignited a online campaign for punishing convicted rapists with the death penalty. Under current Thai laws, those convicted of rape can face 5-20 years in prison.

Today, Thai actress Panadda Wongpoodee and a dozen of students staged a demonstration at a train station in Nakhon Si Thammarat advocating for the execution of rape convicts. Contestants of the 2014 Miss Grand Thailand beauty pageant also submitted a proposal to Thailand's military government requesting the same measure.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1404995060&typecate=06&section=

[khaosod]2014-07-11[/khaosod]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a few posters the other day saying that nonces in Thai prisons get treated differently than they would if in a prison in the West. I guess this clarifies that they don't. They are hated everywhere.
  • Like 2

It is kind of "prison's rule" that an inmate, jailed for raping and killing a minor, will be raped, if no killed, in jail.

Even in Western prisons.

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of bold font removed, again.
  • Like 1

I don't know if this is a good news or bad news. I really encourage farang opinion on this one. Honest opinion please.

IMO this is a positive action (& good news) that was taken on this POS and gives me a little more faith in the general Thai male populace than I previously possessed.

The authorities (courts, RTP, prison staff) have long demonstrated that they are unable and disinterested in carrying out their respective responsibilities.

I don't know if this is a good news or bad news. I really encourage farang opinion on this one. Honest opinion please.

IMO this is a positive action (& good news) that was taken on this POS and gives me a little more faith in the general Thai male populace than I previously possessed.

The authorities (courts, RTP, prison staff) have long demonstrated that they are unable and disinterested in carrying out their respective responsibilities.

Read the article properly first.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One less rockspider on the planet.  A feel good story.

Comment from an ex cop who you would expect would be pushing for fair & balanced judicial process, not lynching.

Given many of your comments I wonder how you carried out your daily work as a cop.

My football coach forced me to touch him when I was 10 and I have lived with it all more life, I hate these slimy bastards with a passion and if they are murdered in prison then I rejoice.

The problem in Australia this filth is put into a special wing away from the general population where they are pampered and cared for with love.

• Like 1

All kiddie fiddlers (where there is absolute certainty that they did it) should be removed from the planet, definitely where rape is concerned.  If he did it, he got what he deserved.  If he didn't, let's hope karma takes care of his wife...but only once the daughter is old enough to look after herself.

or at least castrate them....

• Like 2

One less rockspider on the planet.  A feel good story.

To be fair he has not yet been found guilty, my concern is why he was put in a cell with other inmates. As you would be aware, in Oz, these cockroaches are put in solitary confinement, to protect themselves from others taking serious action. 

..........................Pol.Cpt. Methee claimed that the fight was not related to Mr. Prasin's rape charge, but failed to provide an explanation for the beating..........................

Fell down the steps, didn't he? whistling.gif 

• Like 2

It is kind of "prison's rule" that an inmate, jailed for raping and killing a minor, will be raped, if no killed, in jail.

Even in Western prisons.

Western prisons without the rule of laws ? Every civilised prison`s staff are preventing illegal behaviour, specially behaviour likt this, at least in the western country which I`m from

All kiddie fiddlers (where there is absolute certainty that they did it) should be removed from the planet, definitely where rape is concerned.  If he did it, he got what he deserved.  If he didn't, let's hope karma takes care of his wife...but only once the daughter is old enough to look after herself.

Ever considered running for God?

No.  I don't do fiction.

Have you ever considered over 16 year olds?

• Like 1