Sexual assault suspect beaten to death in Thai prison

webfact

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is kind of "prison's rule" that an inmate, jailed for raping and killing a minor, will be raped, if no killed, in jail.

Even in Western prisons.

True...if convicted, not just accused. What if his wife was having a bad day or was just sick to (death) of him? He should have been isolated from the general prison inmates, at least until there was an investigation...DNA test, rape kit, proof etc. If he did do it...throw him to the dogs!!! Death (or life in prison) to Pedo's and rapist!!!!

All kiddie fiddlers (where there is absolute certainty that they did it) should be removed from the planet, definitely where rape is concerned.  If he did it, he got what he deserved.  If he didn't, let's hope karma takes care of his wife...but only once the daughter is old enough to look after herself.

All kiddie fiddlers ARE rapists. There is no "especially" about it.

Otherwise I agree with your post.

• Like 1

Excellent news, I hope this becomes a trend... to be seen every day until they are all dead.

So if you yourself were just accused of a crime, you think that you should be beaten to death in prison on your first day before you got to stand trial or confess?

How much clearer can one be with a simple confession to supporting a trend for beating meat every day until dead, as a simple means to reduce incidents of raping children.

What does that have to do with kangaroo court and beating a person to death in prison?

Ya's all needs to see the rapists.

Edited by silent

I think child rapists should be executed.

Something like this:

<disgusting photo deleted>

The only problem is that, unless they confess or there is solid physical evidence, it would be difficult to know 100% for sure if the person is guilty.

Even a confession is not enough. How very little real pressure would be needed to coerce a confession to having done... anything? Most of the time physical torture is not required. Most get tricked into making a confession. Standard police interrogation training includes, "how to get a confession".

A big part of what judges and juries do is determine the validity of confessions. Plenty of confessions are tossed out, and rightly so. There are a lot of mentally ill people who love to make confessions.

Physical evidence can be planted or tampered. Police get caught doing this regularly.

Eyewitnesses can be liars. They do it all the time.

This guy did not confess. He vigorously claimed his innocence.

Anyone interested in this thread should look at this accused rapist's  facial expression, and then compare it to the facial expression of the train rapist who did confess.

Look at the expression on the face of this guy. What do you see?

Edited by 96tehtarp

Just imagine that you would be in prison awaiting trail and the prison guard is sleeping while the inmates are getting their way with you...

Also in the Thai legal system people are considered innocent until convicted by the court.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One less rockspider on the planet.  A feel good story.

Comment from an ex cop who you would expect would be pushing for fair & balanced judicial process, not lynching.

Given many of your comments I wonder how you carried out your daily work as a cop.

My football coach forced me to touch him when I was 10 and I have lived with it all more life, I hate these slimy bastards with a passion and if they are murdered in prison then I rejoice.

The problem in Australia this filth is put into a special wing away from the general population where they are pampered and cared for with love.

chooka, I sympathise and your explanation gives me an insight into why you made the earlier comment.

But what's happened doesn't make the suspect any more guilty in this instance.

• Like 1

Excellent news, I hope this becomes a trend... to be seen every day until they are all dead.

are you for real?what happen if somebody accuses you even innocent,are you still hopes it becomes a "trend"?
it happens quite often that some woman accuses a certain man of rape, just because they are angry. it is therefore " innocent untill proven guilty ".
  • Like 2

I absolutely detest Nonces, I don't believe that have a right to oxygen. This comes as no surprise that this has happened - irrespective of if he was not convicted, he'd still be classed as a nonce to the other inmates, and should be segregated from gen pop. 

Personally, this is not justice as he could well have been innocent, so I am not celebrating this blokes death.

• Like 2

I know we can all have an instant disgust for this guy but, God forbid that someday your wife, g/f, hateful neighbor, accuses you of the same. Think about it! It happens...then what? If he is proven guilty with real proof then he got what he deserved. It still wont be a "feel good story" for the poor little girl????????????

I absolutely detest Nonces, I don't believe that have a right to oxygen. This comes as no surprise that this has happened - irrespective of if he was not convicted, he'd still be classed as a nonce to the other inmates, and should be segregated from gen pop. 

Personally, this is not justice as he could well have been innocent, so I am not celebrating this blokes death.

It should come as even less surprise to the police superintendent in charge of the Trang Remand Prison and the Capt. in charge of Trang Police Station. They failed to segregate this guy.

The train rapist is provided a bullet proof vest when venturing out in the open. He is well guarded.

Message #3 to General Prayuth:

Please sack the police superintendent in charge of the Trang Remand Prison and the Capt. in charge of Trang Police Station for placing an accused rapist in general population. No inactive posts please, just sack them.

..I'll be watching for the blurb informing this has been done on today's news at 18:00. with all the other blurbs and edicts.

Edited by 96tehtarp

"With some guys rape becomes a habit, therefore the need to prevent is necessary ..."

Not a habit, but a compulsion. Rape is more about domination of the victim as it is about passion. And repeated rape mostly occurs before the rapist is apprehended. Check any study ... repeat sexual offences are the lowest statistically after murder. Nevertheless, one repeat is one too many, so "the need to prevent is necessary." Agree.

Everybody deserves a fair trail not to be beaten to death in jail waiting to face the court.

Agreed......The people in the prison should wait until AFTER the trial to beat him

to death. Then that would be fine.  This is the fate that awaits the train killer,

unless they keep him solitary for the rest of his life....

I don't know if this is a good news or bad news. I really encourage farang opinion on this one. Honest opinion please.

My honest opinion - hardly any mention of the 'victim' apart from the news article above..... given she is 7, maybe someone trained should be talking with her.     Now, of course, the perps truth will never be known!

In general we humans are goulish and focus all our emotions on the perpertrator, generally because they still live (well in this case the accused has met his waterloo and many people will have to be accountable for that).  We are instantly in judgement and verbally deliver the justice we perceive fitting before knowing the facts.  This is reminiscent of Uganda in the days of Idi Amin - kill (judge) first and maybe ask questions later, beating the primitave human chest and patting one's own shoulder on a job well executed, which only gets the answer you want to hear, but is never the truth! 

In the case of a convicted rapist I am of the firm opinion that the rapist should not only be castrated but be tithed to the victims family for life - in physical and financial servitude.  Should this include murder/rape then further consequences could possibly be denial of all the worldly things the victim might possibly have enjoyed - love, marriage, children etc.  If the conditions set are not adhered to, then off to the Bangkok Hilton.

Have we have become 'soft' on crime, desentisitised by TV, video games etc?

The world is seeing (or maybe we are just hearing about them more and more???) regular vicious rape/murder crimes.  I would like an 'honest opinion' as to how these heinous acts can be lessened !!!

Edited by Goffi

"With some guys rape becomes a habit, therefore the need to prevent is necessary ..."

Not a habit, but a compulsion. Rape is more about domination of the victim as it is about passion. And repeated rape mostly occurs before the rapist is apprehended. Check any study ... repeat sexual offences are the lowest statistically after murder. Nevertheless, one repeat is one too many, so "the need to prevent is necessary." Agree.

For me the OP is not about rape.

Most of the posts in this thread are about rape. I can understand why, it is a very emotional and horrible crime.

The OP is about police and prison wardens in Trang who failed to segregate an accused rapist from the general population. Even in Thailand this has to be standard procedure.

To me the OP is about the Police and warden's failure, and the rage of the general population over the other recent high profile rapes.

As I wrote in an earlier post. I'd like to see some sackings before the  end of the day, or at least first thing after the holidays.

• Like 1

From the article "However, this morning the prison officials discovered that Mr. Prasin had been beaten to death by fellow inmates in his holding cell after a fight broke out, said Pol.Cpt. Methee Pinyoprakarn, an officer at Trang Police Station."  It might not have anything to do with what he was charged with.

My concern with the news in this article is "Under current Thai laws, those convicted of rape can face 5-20 years in prison."  In my opinion it should be 10-99 years or 10-life imprisonment with no chance of parole.  I would not object to raising my proposed 10.

So if you yourself were just accused of a crime, you think that you should be beaten to death in prison on your first day before you got to stand trial or confess?

Get real you are in a jail where other laws apply. A trial does not make you innocent or guilty. If you did it you are guilty no matter what the court says. trials are not to determine innocence or guilt they are to explore ways to get around guilt. At the end of a trial you may be sure legal will be done. Justice well that is some thing else.

In Jail they have there own standards and the police know it. Sexual crimes are subject to a different standard. If the public disagrees with those standards don't send people there.

Comment from an ex cop who you would expect would be pushing for fair & balanced judicial process, not lynching.

Given many of your comments I wonder how you carried out your daily work as a cop.

My football coach forced me to touch him when I was 10 and I have lived with it all more life, I hate these slimy bastards with a passion and if they are murdered in prison then I rejoice.

The problem in Australia this filth is put into a special wing away from the general population where they are pampered and cared for with love.

They get segregated in the UK too, for "their protection". Having said that most UK prisoners will take chances and accept punishments to "do a nonce". It has been suggested that those already serving life have little to loose and know that should they dish out retribution there family on the outside will receive appropriate thanks.

An ex-prisoner told me that they would normally try and catch the sex offenders in the showers and give them a good scrub with the very stiff bristled yard brushes. The warders would eventually intervene and of course apply the Detol liberally to the sores. This was in the 80's and attitudes may have changed.

But, these were all convicted people. Too easy to make false allegations these days.

I see a lot of tail wagging going on here. Don't judge until you know the facts! One's word does not make it a fact. Daily occurances, happen here in the U.S. daily. Even the social workers here know that this happens. So let us not be so quick to judge. Just my thoughts.
kilosierra
  • Like 1

It is kind of "prison's rule" that an inmate, jailed for raping and killing a minor, will be raped, if no killed, in jail.

Even in Western prisons.

Did you read the article? Did you catch this bit: "Pol.Cpt. Methee claimed that the fight was not related to Mr. Prasin's rape charge, but failed to provide an explanation for the beating. He said the police are investigating the incident."

Now, we don't know what is the truth about what caused the fight. We don't even know if this man was guilty. So please don't jump to assumptions.

Earlier this year, a British tourist was beaten to death in jail. His crime? Stealing a moped.

Back in March, a Thai inmate died of a prison beating. His crime? Drunk driving. 

So we really don't know much about what is going on in this case at all, do we? Unless we want to draw lines that may not be there...

Get real you are in a jail where other laws apply. A trial does not make you innocent or guilty. If you did it you are guilty no matter what the court says. trials are not to determine innocence or guilt they are to explore ways to get around guilt. At the end of a trial you may be sure legal will be done. Justice well that is some thing else.

In Jail they have there own standards and the police know it. Sexual crimes are subject to a different standard. If the public disagrees with those standards don't send people there.

Back in Scotland, a guy committed a crime against me (theft) when he appeared in court, he was admonished. The DS on the case said to me "off the record, get him and give him a good hiding, but make sure nobody sees you, or we will have to charge you with assault".

The police are human you know, and they don't like injustices any more than we do.

• Like 1

Pol.Cpt. Methee claimed that the fight was not related to Mr. Prasin's rape charge, but failed to provide an explanation for the beating. He said the police are investigating the incident.

Is it me, or has everyone just totally ignored this line.???

No every one hasn't.

But then again a lot of people know reality.

The police know what it wasn't but not what it was.

Makes no sense to me. Now if they had said we don't know that might have been more believable.

But a child rapist in a prison cell accidently dying in a fight that had nothing to do with him.

Give me a break.wai.gif

I guess his fellow inmates believe in the death penalty. Good on them. Lovely. He simply did not deserve to live. He moved past the point of having the right to breathe oxygen, when he assaulted his relative. 

Pol.Cpt. Methee claimed that the fight was not related to Mr. Prasin's rape charge, but failed to provide an explanation for the beating. He said the police are investigating the incident. Pure nonsense, from a guy who is not a particularly deep thinker. He did not know what else to say. He is a dimwitted guy who should not have access to the press. People like this should be kept away from anyone who can pass on these thoughts. 

Pol.Cpt. Methee claimed that the fight was not related to Mr. Prasin's rape charge, but failed to provide an explanation for the beating. He said the police are investigating the incident.

Is it me, or has everyone just totally ignored this line.???

No every one hasn't.

But then again a lot of people know reality.

The police know what it wasn't but not what it was.

Makes no sense to me. Now if they had said we don't know that might have been more believable.

But a child rapist in a prison cell accidently dying in a fight that had nothing to do with him.

Give me a break.wai.gif

As I've mentioned above, this year alone (from memory) a moped-stealing Brit and a drunk-driving Thai have also died of inmate beatings in Thai prisons. The correlation between crime committed and inmate beating is not looking so convincing at this point. This is also taking into account, given the number of stories in the news, that there are a fair number of rapists and pedophiles in the prison population (and I don't know if the Thai system has the facilities to house them separately as some western countries do). All I'm saying is that while it's possible he was beaten because of his alleged  crime, we don't know for sure and should not assume it to be the case.

"Pol.Cpt. Methee claimed that the fight was not related to Mr. Prasin's rape charge,...:

Point Blank - He didn't deserve this.

1 - He was merely "accused", and then by just one person - the wife - who may or may not have been angry at him for something totally unrelated, and used this to "punish" him.

2 - No evidence was presented, such as rape kit, DNA samples, etc.  Only the word of the wife.

3 - No trial.

4 - Beaten to death. 

Morally and judicially this is wrong on so many levels.  It won't happen, but the police should still investigate this and find out if there really was sexual assault by the father, and if not, file charges against the wife for making a false accusation. 

• Like 1