Egg explosion

jobin

Scrambled eggs now, by the sounds of it. Perfect egg dish for the scrambled brain. :)

Next time, put the egg in cold water with a dash of vinegar. Heat to boiling point on the stove, cook for one minute, then leave to cool completely. Keep a couple in the fridge.

• Like 2

I did that.

Egg in a coffee cup in water in the microwave.

Same as what happened below ...

Apparently, if you prick the shell it's OK.

As a Bachelor ... roll gently the egg into the kettle.

Boil.

Boil again.

Cooked ... thumbsup.gif

OH ... the 'dash of vinegar.' mentioned above is an excellent Idea!

Don't tell anyone ... OK ... just you and me.

Last night, boiled potatoes and some brussell sprouts in the kettle.

Boiled twice ... sweet as ... laugh.png

Made coffee this morning ... did have the odd chunky bit ... didn't wash enough ... w00t.gif

David discovers Belgian coffee.

• Like 1

Shall I tell you what happens when you put an unopened tin of baked beans on an electric hot plate for an hour.

ohmy.png

You do not have to.....I had one in a pot of water on the stove and forgot about it. Flocked kitchen....that stuff can cover a huge area.

Shall I tell you what happens when you put an unopened tin of baked beans on an electric hot plate for an hour.

ohmy.png

Claymore mine comes to mind.... and baked beans at that temperature are nasty little projectiles biggrin.png

• Like 1

Really not sure this belongs in the CM forum, but I'll let it run for now.

Speaking for my self.

I have a poacher sort of plastic device I bought from a big store (Robinsons ?). Works Ok in the microwave.

Scrambled is best in microwave. Crack egg into a microwave friendly bowl, add some butter, and some water. Whisk up, 20 seconds, whisk again, another 20 seconds whisk again, 10 or more seconds depending on how soft you like. Done and delicious.

• Like 1

I have a poacher sort of plastic device I bought from a big store (Robinsons ?). Works Ok in the microwave.

I bought one of these gadgets that is in the shape of an egg and opens up. A reservoir to put water in the bottom, a small shelf with feet to sit the egg on and then the cover itself. Worked the 1st time mostly. The 2nd time heard a loud BANG! It took out the oven's light and a small dent in the top and a mess to clean up. I ditched it and back to a pot of water. I've seen those microwave poachers and they look safe enough.

The can on the hot plate of the stove would have been exciting.

Years ago on a field trip, a student put a can of self-saucing chocolate pudding at the edge of the camp fire. Unopened.

Folk were standing around the fire to warm up a bit, no one knew the can was there, until it exploded. The contents went straight up in the air, and then landed on the professor's head.

It was a helluva mess.

The can was cleaned and mounted on a board, and presented each year to the worst cook in camp.

Almost as good as microwaving an egg in its shell! clap2.gif

"Last night, boiled potatoes and some brussell sprouts in the kettle"

Where did you find Brussel Sprouts or were they the terrible frozen ones sold in Tops?

really miss fresh crispy Brussels

For the moment, I'm back in Australia.

The other thing I do (you can tell I'm batching it ATM) ... frozen crumbed (frozen) Fish Fillet, wack it in the toaster pointy side down ... toast it twice.

Flip it the other way up and toast it either one or two more times (depends on the thickness) ... less washing up ... rolleyes.gif

Every six months, slide the tray out from the bottom of the toaster and give it a clean.

OP,

To avoid the mess of exploded egg goo when cooking an egg in a microwave, first line the inside of the microwave with aluminum foil.

I realize you're taking the piss but just in case others may not be aware of what happens with foil ... smile.png

OP,

To avoid the mess of exploded egg goo when cooking an egg in a microwave, first line the inside of the microwave with aluminum foil.

T

Don't you think that might foil the joke if you keep egging him on!giggle.gif

Well, now you've scrambled any chance of success at egging him on.

T

OP,

T

T

Please stop poaching my comments or I will have to toast you!

• Like 1

OP,

T

T

Please stop poaching my comments or I will have to toast you!

No need to get toasty, my fried.

T

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OP,

T

Don't you think that might foil the joke if you keep egging him on!

T

Ok I give in and promise not to boil over and blow my top. I dont want to get too egocentric after all.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OP,

T

Don't you think that might foil the joke if you keep egging him on!

T

Ok I give in and promise not to boil over and blow my top. I dont want to get too egocentric after all.

Phew! An eggscellent decision, 'cause I'm sure if this goes on, I'll post something stupid and have egg all over my face.

In my defense, I must say: can't make cringe worthy comedy omelet without breaking a few eggs, eh?

Good night, all. I'm here all week.

T

Edited by Thakkar

OP,

T

...and avoid the burden of the yoke of shame! alt=biggrin.png>

Shell we give up on this and may I take my egress?