Seized arms cache is linked to political violence during PDRC anti-govt protests

webfact

Us "abnormal" people like to give the Military the benefit of the doubt...what would Thailand likely look like today...if the Military had not stepped in when it did...?

For the sake of argument, this really is a moot. To me, it was premature and almost to a point of using a sledgehammer to kill a fly. The country was not engulf in civil unrest to warrant military intervention. The economy was not good but was neither bad; foreign credit ratings testify to that. People could still get around and do their usual businesses. The only hot spots were at the protest sites and only in Bangkok !!

There are lots of "if only" like if only the judiciary be tougher against the protestors, if the police were given sufficient legal means to manage the situation, if the military act more tougher than just stay on the sidelines and wait for things to aggravate.

I do see needs to review the rice policy and also agree with the mass coming out against Taksin amnesty and the people voices have been heard and could have done something legitimate when Parliment was dissolved. From that onwards, events start to escalate almost as though it was a carefull crafted plan to the coup.

Now its water over the bridge and no point whining. I do hope the General will act honorably for the country and not do his bidding for others. He has started well and looks like he do want general well being for the people. I do hope he continue with his good work and succeed in his non partisan reform. It's good for the country if he achieved what he talk about and country become less corrupted, feudal, civil servants working for the country, trustworth courts and independent agencies and an effective police force. I am here for the long haul and will be happy if that can happen.

I also hope the General will act more honorable for the country that that bunch of politicians he sidelined. The economy down due to a undemocratic government spending money like water. A government trying to push a blanket amnesty bill which absolved big brother and even themselves. Anti-government protests immediately condemned as 'undemocratic', harassed, cowardly shot at in the night, grenades dropping, and a government seen only as verbally voicing concern and asking ALL to refrain from using violence.

Now is would seem that the government with their link to the UDD /red-shirts with almost two dozen 'awarded' with Pheu Thai party list positions and MP seats was maybe more than just condoning violence against the others. It would seem a carefully crafted plan to create a situation which only would allow a Pheu Thai party to profit from an election and therefor only one man, Thaksin. Plan failed, good day for all those other Thais, 67 million of them.

imho rubl, a hoarde of Ban Phe pirates would act more honorably for the country than the den of thieves who called themselves a government ever did.

I class the comments by the handful of red fans still brave/stubborn/silly enough to post their weak and pathetic propaganda as light entertainment, similar to watching old episodes of "Father Ted" on YouTube. biggrin.png

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to see more confiscation of these red shirt war weapons.

Makes Thailand a safer place.

How are you so sure that they belong to thr red shirts. Suthep and his gang had just as many also.

No group, except the Red Shirts, have been involved with Rocket Propelled Grenades, that are described in the OP.

No other group comes anywhere near the variety, numbers, and uses of weapons that the Red Shirts have been involved with.

;)

Edited by Gus5