Mail

TheFishman1

No. It's the Her Majesty The Queen's Birthday.

It's one of the most important public holidays in Thailand.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/thailand/queen-birthday

It's the Queen's Birthday next month!

Boy am I stupid. Yes it's next month. Now I don't really know if the post office is open on Monday or not.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

• Like 1

It's still a public holiday on monday but the OP can still post mail via the private mail agents in all major shopping malls

Boy am I stupid. Yes it's next month. Now I don't really know if the post office is open on Monday or not.

"It's still a public holiday on monday but the OP can still post mail via the private mail agents in all major shopping malls"

Yes its still a holiday and all government agency are closed. I never post anything by these private mail shops, good way to lose your items and they still have to post with Thai Post anyway.

It's still a public holiday on monday but the OP can still post mail via the private mail agents in all major shopping malls

But if you're mailing something valuable you might want to think twice about using a private agent.

Chiang Mai Airport Post Office

Chiang Mai Airport Building,

Chiang Mai

(61 – 053-277382)

Probably open, you can call to be sure.

Unusual for a Thai post office to have an Australian (country code 61) phone number. Just shows how international the service is....

Chiang Mai Airport Post Office

Chiang Mai Airport Building,

Chiang Mai

(61 – 053-277382)

Probably open, you can call to be sure.

Unusual for a Thai post office to have an Australian (country code 61) phone number. Just shows how international the service is....

Unusual for somebody to think that is a relevant consideration.

For general information, the Thai holiday calendar posted in many places on the internet is generally quite reliable. Not sure? Check two of them! The calendar does not account for additional "special holidays," which sometimes are granted for some seemingly political purposes, but when an important two-day observance falls on Saturday-Sunday (like an important religious observance), you can bet that government administrative offices of any sort are closed for the bracketing Friday, Monday or both. It is rather like Christmas and Boxing Day falling on a weekend. it becomes a very long weekend! Quite nice!

Anyway, it seems that the traffic police are not resting (or maybe are very annoyed because they are working on a holiday). I counted ten cars parked illegally on Nimmenhamin this evening with the wheels locked and large notices on the drivers' windshields! Of course, the traffic police were not runing amok, as claimed elsewhere on this site. Nimmenhamen --- especially when everyone is going shopping or out for a good time in the evening --- is a traffic disaster. Seems that not everyone goes to temple and then stays home to meditate in the evening!