what does your day consist of?

pigeonjake

In the morning, I go around the house and garden, pushing the buttons on the controls I stole from the farang's house.

Then I go to the fridge, watching the ants going around.

After I listen to the mysterious sounds coming from my attic.

Then I go to TVF to read which Thai lady cheated that innocent farang.

Sometimes I go to Tesco to see if I can find that miserable git again.

In the afternoon, I keep thinking, why am I here in Thailand? am I happy? How long have I been here? If I wasn't here where would I be? What has Thailand offered me? and other philosophical questions........

Finally in the evening, keep thinking, how well I know the Thais? do I follow Thai culture? Are Thais shorter or taller than farangs?

Then take meditation and go exhausted to bed.

Costas, totally brilliant post. It's not within my powers to restore the Elgin Marbles to Greece ( I like 'em anyway and look at them when I eat my lunch!) but I am prepared to bring you over a decent kebab on my next trip...or kleftico maybe smile.png

And if you could give back my cousin his remote control I would really appreciate it.... if not you can't really blame us for stealing the Elgin Marbles ?

Ha.....you can keep them......after you scraped off the colours and bleached them to make them white, they are no good to us.w00t.gif

As about the kebab and kleftiko.........yeeeees please..........I'll be your friend for everthumbsup.gif

PS. Remotes stays with me........part of my therapy, instructed by the good doctor.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should ask this question in the pattaya forum, i am really curious to hear their answer...

They'll probably going to say going to bars, drink, bring a bar girl home, play with her, then sleep all day, then go back to do the same things again the next night and the night after and after...
Excellent, another sly, passive aggressive dig at people in pattaya. Sorry your royal thainess, we're not worthy.

Please do tell what do they do all day? Go to temple and meditate?

Well I live in Pattaya, you can read my reply on the first page of this thread.

In the morning, I go around the house and garden, pushing the buttons on the controls I stole from the farang's house.

Then I go to the fridge, watching the ants going around.

After I listen to the mysterious sounds coming from my attic.

Then I go to TVF to read which Thai lady cheated that innocent farang.

Sometimes I go to Tesco to see if I can find that miserable git again.

In the afternoon, I keep thinking, why am I here in Thailand? am I happy? How long have I been here? If I wasn't here where would I be? What has Thailand offered me? and other philosophical questions........

Finally in the evening, keep thinking, how well I know the Thais? do I follow Thai culture? Are Thais shorter or taller than farangs?

Then take meditation and go exhausted to bed.

No making love with the wife?

Fulfilled my marital obligations for 2014, back in May on my birthday.

Next one 2015......must not overdo it.........thumbsup.gif

no jump at christmass then costas,?

lol

My daily life living in Thailand on a normal day.

1. I wake up at 06.00

2. Drink about 3 coffees.

3. Check emails / facebook and upload cool tunes onto my ipod shuffle ( hard work )

4. Go outside for a nice long walk (or when in chiang mai i ride my bicycle) about 10 KM on a morning walk in the lovely sun

5. Back home lunch time for a " spot of lunch " ( fresh fruit from the market 20 baht )

6. Sometimes i make bread.

7. after lunch it's back outside and take a walk to the beach to laze about in the sun and swimming ( inc idle chit chat )

8. Back home from beach around 19.00 ready to shower and eat ( thai food from market ) 30 baht

9. Chill out and spend sometime online

10. Go to sleep whenever.

I don't watch TV and only stay indoors when its raining. On a cloudy day i may take the train somewhere on a mini adventure or an afternoon walk. ( i love walking )

farang jaidee ( " single " ) 555

• Like 1

A serious one from the Greater Pattaya Area:

6.00 ish : wake up

6.10ish: take dogs out for a pee etc.

6.20 ish : Pot of Tea on the patio and check emails n news.

7.00 : Listen t/ watch BBC News on tele.

8 - 10 : work from home.

10+ check weather- too hot to walk dogs or cloudy and ok?

Until 16.30- work from home.

16.45- out with the dogs for 1 hour.

18 - shower and swallow a Singha.

18.30- feed dogs and have another Singha.

19- a couple of glasses of wine and help with dinner.

20- eat / drink and watch tele for a while and maybe log on to internet/ TV / check uk news etc.

21+ Bed and sleep.

A couple of times per week it's off to Macro / Tesco to buy essentials. No bar life no fancy social circles, nod and smile at a few faces I know at that's pretty much it. Boring ? Yes, sometimes, but then there are lot of folk who have things a lot worse and I remind myself of that when feeling that way. Not everyone in Pattaya ( probably majority ex pats same ) do not depend on the bars / girls/ flashing lights etc. it's there if you want it but in reality the real life and tourist life are very different. Personally, I would prefer semi rural with supermarkets with 15 to 20 mins drive for convenience, but I am not always here and my other half needs to be fairly central to function when I am away - so this area works for us !

• Like 1

Well I get up at three o'clock in the morning, half an hour before I go to bed.........

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif eat a lump of cold poison, work 29 hours a day down mill and pay the mill owner for the privilege of working in the mill...... and you try and tell the young people of today that

0600-0710 getting self and son ready including bathing and feeding him while his mom is getting ready in the other room.

0710-0730 family breakfast time, prepared and served by our live in maid.

0730 : son walks to school with the maid, we both drive to work in same car as our offices are in the same complex

1715-1900 : both at the gym next door to our office and back home by 1930.

1930-2100 : salad for dinner, playing with son, helping son in his homework and put him to sleep.

2100-2230 : personal time, chat with wife, drink beer with internet, music, reading books etc, sleep by 2230.

Weekends & holidays, full day outings with family, evenings beer and food.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

did you mean you worked int mill lad,,

eeee dem wer days

nowt to eat most of time,,,lol

but your right many worked bloody hard for a pitance

Many still do.........................coffee1.gif

tongue.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

eeee dem wer days

tongue.png

27 quid a week me for 1st year and then 35 quid a week for 2nd year int mill. 3rd year I double mi dough to 70 quid a week. Yr 1 I had to pay 15 quid a week ont bus jus fot privilege n it took me 1 hour each way to get thia n back ! My old feel used to tell me how lucky I wa cos I dint have to work outside int rain n snow. Donkey jackets n boyts n worked mi way up from thia ! Wouldn't have changed much tho !

Is this on topic ?

• Like 1

eeee dem wer days

tongue.png

27 quid a week me for 1st year and then 35 quid a week for 2nd year int mill. 3rd year I double mi dough to 70 quid a week. Yr 1 I had to pay 15 quid a week ont bus jus fot privilege n it took me 1 hour each way to get thia n back ! My old feel used to tell me how lucky I wa cos I dint have to work outside int rain n snow. Donkey jackets n boyts n worked mi way up from thia ! Wouldn't have changed much tho !

Is this on topic ?

eeee by gum,,,,

lol, i love it

eeee dem wer days

Many still do.........................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Is this on topic ?

Luxury!! And you try telling the kids of today that, they won't believe you......................w00t.gif

Right, back on topic, lets not derail Jake's OP too much.

its all the same to me mate,

you could say the same about playing out, the kids in the uk dont know how to play now, when i was a kid i was never in the house, and on school holidays me and my mates would take ourselfs off with tent a few tins of beans and that would be us in the woods, thats were the poaching started,,lol,

its all computers and other games, mind you with the pervs that are about now, its hard to let your kids out,

just my thoughts

jake

its all the same to me mate,

you could say the same about playing out, the kids in the uk dont know how to play now, when i was a kid i was never in the house, and on school holidays me and my mates would take ourselfs off with tent a few tins of beans and that would be us in the woods, thats were the poaching started,,lol,

its all computers and other games, mind you with the pervs that are about now, its hard to let your kids out,

just my thoughts

jake

someone found spell check..............

• Like 1

Reading all of this, I am thinking that it is better to approach this question from a different angle.

What did my day consist of before I came to Thailand.

1. Waking up at 4 am.

2. Ironing Uniforms.

3. Physical training for two hours.

4. Standing in Line for breakfast for an hour.

5. Standing on a hot Parade deck for 2 hours, waiting for my turn to inspect or be inspected.

6. Cleaning weapons for 2 hours.

7. Safety classes for two hours.

8. Standing in Line for Lunch for an hour.

9. More Safety classes.

10. Cleaning the barracks for 2 hours.

11. Standing in Line for Dinner for an hour.

12. Four hours of Beer at the Club.

13 Five hours of Sleep.

.............Very happy to be not doing any of that anymore. What my day consists of is anything but that which I mentioned.

Happy.

• Like 1

Never a routine with me anymore. Hated routines which is why I got off the hamster wheel.

With that said on any given day it could consist of any of the following. Depends on what I wake up and want to do or missus requests

10- 15 mile bike ride

Work out at home on my gym set

Read up on Stock market for potential investments or stock buys

Clean up around the yard with FIL

Ride my blazing fast 125 Honda Wave to the market with the Missus for some daily food(This could be very early or early evening.

Ride my big bike around the mountains

Drive into town just for fun

Plan a trip to the beach for a few weeks with the missus

Download some of my favorite U.S. TV shows to watch later while the missus is watching her Lakorn in the other room

Go fishing

Plan a BBQ for dinner

Wash the vehicles

Make a cocktail in the afternoon and sit in the Hammock messing with my Tablet and answering emails

Nothing on some days.

I do something different everyday and not in any specific order. I wing it a lot quite frankly and I sure love my stress free life with my wife....

• Like 1

Both picture are related:

- both men mean to get down and dirty.

- both scenes may end up with the propagation of a species...twin puppies on the left, and twin bulbs on the right.

you should ask this question in the pattaya forum, i am really curious to hear their answer...

They'll probably going to say going to bars, drink, bring a bar girl home, play with her, then sleep all day, then go back to do the same things again the next night and the night after and after...

How do you know What I do? You don't look familiar.

What? I guess I was not so memorable. We met at the walking street, don't you remember, just kidding, 555. Anyway, those are what I thought of the life in Pattaya for the foreign men.

You know its amazing that posters with (Normally) so much common sense should post such utter rubbish about Pattaya and its ExPats.

Of course what negative posters on Pattaya are saying in TV is applicable to a very small percentage of ExPats and its mainly the sex tourists and those who only do walking street or the cheap charlies who live in those squalid rooms around Soi Birkow on the the bright side or come for their two week stint of pussy mongering. who the negative posters on TV are getting confused with and not the solid sensible majority of ExPats who live around the Eastern side of Pattaya and live quietly and happily with their Thai ladies and children.

There maybe thousands of ExPats living in the area who like me absolutely hate Walking street and all the notorious Sois off Beach road with a vengeance!

My friends and i just loathe having to go down that area and try our level best to keep away from the terribly slowly moving roads that are the equivalent of the M25 car park in London's rush hour

having said that Pattaya at the moment is full of nothing, there is a marked absence of any punters in the brightside (An informed friend tells me so)

But back to the topic

Wake at 4 0am slumber till 5 0am and then get up, the three Ss (use your imagination.)

Out on the bike at 5.50am meet Rob or maybe other MTB riders and go for a ride around Mabrachan and the amazingly beautiful countryside around the East side of pattaya. 20 30 or 50 Ks depending on how we are feeling the heat.

Back home for 8 30 ish, walk the two Poms till they shizer and pick up said shizer throw it in the bin

Jump in the pool for a wash and a cool down and then its Bacon beans, two eggs three toast and a coffee then walk the breaky off for ten mins

Once a week wash the Pickup Bike and motor bike.

Then Usually a good hours sleep.

Mondays clean pool other days work in the garden or find some electrical product that is not working properly to fiddle with and make sure it doesn't work ever again!

Her indoors has an obsession with shopping so after dinner ( a couple of sarnies) its off to Carrefour or as its now known Big C on Pattaya Klang just hating every moment that I have to spend on the South side of Sukhumavit.

​When the funds are in I will go for a cheapo game of golf 250Baht for 18 holes no caddie and a cart for 250 Baht if my knee is playing up

Thats it for me, more or less a typical day in Pattaya

When I consider what a typical day in the UK would be I feel that I am in the right place for maximum enjoyment in my retirement and cannot understand the negative criticism anytime Pattaya is mentioned.

There is everything that a person would wish for in the greater area of Pattaya but then again people like water finds its own level and if you can only smell shizer then you will find it sooner than late but if you look for something better then you will also find that in Pattaya.

In other words stop Typecasting us we really do not deserve it!

Some people just take things way too serious. Thanks for the explanation though, and I do know other people have a normal and simple life in Pattaya.

"Some people just take things way too serious."

No not really Som just like a "Moan" now and again and the Pattaya and thai people bashers are fair game

To be honest I normally am one of them, the Pattaya bashers that is!

I suppose its like when I say I dont like London or bangkok or any of the big places where you will find all the same type of seediness and low culture as you can in the bright side of Pattaya.

Maybe in Pattaya its all just too much in your face and so then it gives the wider area a bad name. Most people who go to the bright side will never experience those great and rural areas of ChonBuri, Sattahip and Rayong

Some people just take things way too serious. Thanks for the explanation though, and I do know other people have a normal and simple life in Pattaya.

"Some people just take things way too serious."

No not really Som just like a "Moan" now and again and the Pattaya and thai people bashers are fair game

To be honest I normally am one of them, the Pattaya bashers that is!

I suppose its like when I say I dont like London or bangkok or any of the big places where you will find all the same type of seediness and low culture as you can in the bright side of Pattaya.

Maybe in Pattaya its all just too much in your face and so then it gives the wider area a bad name. Most people who go to the bright side will never experience those great and rural areas of ChonBuri, Sattahip and Rayong

Fair enough, I have nothing against Pattaya. To be honest, I was looking at a house in Pattaya as I love beaches and it will be closer to my hometown, Korat, than says Phuket.

Oh yeah? Last you posted your were washing nappies. Hold on girls -- I'll refresh your ice-teas after I burp the TWINS!

Hey there Khun Crab ... JL there of.

Everyones idea of 'Living the Dream' is different.

For me ... I am living the Dream ... My Dream.

I have a beautiful Lassie ... Pretty and Smart

Not Hi-So, nor Low-So ... I'm happy with her being So-So ... laugh.png

Two beautiful TWIN Boys ... healthy and the like.

Bit of coin in the bank ... couple more under the bed.

I've had a couple like in that photo on top of the bed,

but I'm not here to boast.

The only thing I could add would be a LOTTO win ...

(hey big fella ... you listening ... w00t.gif ... chuck some luck our way).

So, for me ... I living the dream baby ... biggrin.png

• Like 2

Oh yeah? Last you posted your were washing nappies. Hold on girls -- I'll refresh your ice-teas after I burp the TWINS!

Hey there Khun Crab ... JL there of.

Everyones idea of 'Living the Dream' is different.

For me ... I am living the Dream ... My Dream.

I have a beautiful Lassie ... Pretty and Smart

Not Hi-So, nor Low-So ... I'm happy with her being So-So ... laugh.png

Two beautiful TWIN Boys ... healthy and the like.

Bit of coin in the bank ... couple more under the bed.

I've had a couple like in that photo on top of the bed,

but I'm not here to boast.

The only thing I could add would be a LOTTO win ...

(hey big fella ... you listening ... w00t.gif ... chuck some luck our way).

So, for me ... I living the dream baby ... biggrin.png

Everyones idea of 'Living the Dream' is different. Truer words were never spoken.