Acid reflux pillow

belg

where to buy an Acid reflux pillow in Bangkok ?

Went to some major shopping malls, furniture departments, but it seems impossible to find ?

I don't need the north eastern triangle pillow shape, that is way too steep.

Thanks in advance

For asking around (printout):

ที่นอน ป้องกัน กรด ไหล ย้อน (thi non pong kan krot lai yon) mattress for reflux sickness

หมอน ป้องกัน กรด ไหล ย้อน (mon pong kan krot lai yon) pillow for reflux sickness

There is one specialized online shop located in Rayong.

You will not be able to use it without Thai speaking (help).

http://sleepwell.lnwshop.com/category

1300 Baht for such a thing:

ad.jpg

• 3 months later...

having suffered with a hiatus hernia for over 40yrs and taking 30mg.of lansaprozole you will find your best bet is to

ELERVATE your bed,i do use 2pillows one of which is tempur.just rest the back legs on house bricks.

I also have a hiatal hernia which causes GERD and found the 'pillow ramp' made matters worse by creating a pinch point at my waist. Elevating the head of my bed with a couple bricks under the legs had much better results. That, and 20 mg of omeperazole once daily.

I don't have GERD but a heart valve problem and am more comfortable if I sleep with my head slight elevated. In the U.S. we did elevate the head of the bed with bricks, but had problems with the bedding slipping. Here, at least in Chiang Mai, it's easy to have furniture custom made, so we had a bed made, a platform style bed where the base is hinged and there's a footboard, so the bedding doesn't slip.

As my condition has worsened, we're able to raise the head higher than we did in the U.S. We discovered, it also solved my husband's snoring problem to sleep with his head elevated!

I've used that pillow when traveling and it definitely isn't as comfortable as having the entire bed elevated.

Acid reflux symptoms plague many people for a whole range of reasons.

In my case, after years of "acid reflux" AND chronic crippling knee, hip and joint pain I found that I suffered from a gluten intolerance.

That's right. It occurred to me after more joint pain and acid reflux agony and seven or eight remedial courses, some involving symptom treatment, others involving avoidance of certain food, alcohol for a while, acidic foods, and constantly reaching for those bloody Antacils, that my body was gluten intolerant.

Intolerance of the GLUTEN in BREAD (mostly) baked goods, pasta, beer, pizza and most wheat products had continued over the course of my life towards a THRESHOLDING and then acidosis that inflamed my joints to the point where I sought arthritis treatment and even considered surgery.

I accidentally STOPPED EATING BREAD and all those tasty Yamasaki snacks, pizza, grains etc.

Sticky (glutinous) rice . . . . even moderately so (Japanese, Korean, Italian) triggers it.

(As a sideline, GMO grains and corn might also be a factor.)

Relief started after about two weeks of accidental abstinence and decreased exponentially with every week.

I can now comfortably WALK to the BTS from my condo.

When I get to the BTS I don't have to jockey for a position on the stair rail.

No more "trick knee" fear.

All that pain and discomfort is all in the past now.

AND

No more acid reflux.

No more joint pain.

Now acid-reflux free, joint-pain free and DRUG and PAINKILLER FREE.

Except . . . . . . back in the Old Country when I succumb to a few slice of buttered toast, a pizza feed washed down with some of that lovely craft brew that's all over the place now the "reflux" is instantaneous and the joint pain is guaranteed to flare up within a few days of relapse.

Hey OP, works for me.

You might do well to give it a poke.

Or not.

Sleep on your left hand side, semi fetal position, then the stomach contents are down the bottom and cant regurgitate.

On the back and right hand side they are at the inlet of the stomach. The elevating causes the stomach contents to drop below the inlet which is on the top right hand side of the stomach while the outlet, small intestine, is on the bottom left.

Works for me.

If you still want these pillows try the medical supply shops down from Victory Monument they have pretty much everything.

Have you considered making one? Get a prism-shaped piece of wood about half the size of the pillow you want, then wrap it in soft towels or blankets or whatever until it's the right size and slope. Test drive it for a few nights. When you're happy that it's properly sized, walk to your neighborhood seamstress and get her to stitch a prism-shaped pillow case for you. 200 baht max.

A professionally made medical grade pillow will probably run you over 1000 baht if you can find it.

• 1 year later...

Acid reflux symptoms plague many people for a whole range of reasons.

In my case, after years of "acid reflux" AND chronic crippling knee, hip and joint pain I found that I suffered from a gluten intolerance.

That's right. It occurred to me after more joint pain and acid reflux agony and seven or eight remedial courses, some involving symptom treatment, others involving avoidance of certain food, alcohol for a while, acidic foods, and constantly reaching for those bloody Antacils, that my body was gluten intolerant.

Intolerance of the GLUTEN in BREAD (mostly) baked goods, pasta, beer, pizza and most wheat products had continued over the course of my life towards a THRESHOLDING and then acidosis that inflamed my joints to the point where I sought arthritis treatment and even considered surgery.

I accidentally STOPPED EATING BREAD and all those tasty Yamasaki snacks, pizza, grains etc.

Sticky (glutinous) rice . . . . even moderately so (Japanese, Korean, Italian) triggers it.

(As a sideline, GMO grains and corn might also be a factor.)

Relief started after about two weeks of accidental abstinence and decreased exponentially with every week.

I can now comfortably WALK to the BTS from my condo.

When I get to the BTS I don't have to jockey for a position on the stair rail.

No more "trick knee" fear.

All that pain and discomfort is all in the past now.

AND

No more acid reflux.

No more joint pain.

Now acid-reflux free, joint-pain free and DRUG and PAINKILLER FREE.

Except . . . . . . back in the Old Country when I succumb to a few slice of buttered toast, a pizza feed washed down with some of that lovely craft brew that's all over the place now the "reflux" is instantaneous and the joint pain is guaranteed to flare up within a few days of relapse.

Hey OP, works for me.

You might do well to give it a poke.

Or not.

Western food is EXTREMELY TOXIC to the human body. This is why in Western countries, ALL health problems have increased by 50%. As we age, we can't get away with exposing yourself to toxic food or products (personal products). About 5 years ago, i hit a wall and changed to healthy eating. I haven't had a cold since and had very minimal health problems. My energy levels have increased by 100x. I made the change to organic food/personal products where I feel 50x times better and people say i look at least 10-15 years younger.

If you have Netflix, watch 'the human experiment,' and 'food matters.' People take these corporations to court all the time but NEVER win cause it's all about $$$$$ in the end. If you want to take don't a corporation, you just don't buy their toxic products! Simple!

Archived