What's a great night out in Hua Hin... for you?

Michaelaway

My wife and I were there just this week.  Great place!

Since I was with the wife, I can mainly only speak to dining, lol

The seafood places at the night market are spectacular!  I can't remember the name of the one we went to (twice) but it was about 4 or 5 places down.  They all look good!

We also went to this restaurant right on the ocean.  Ask someone at your hotel, they will know the place.  Very expensive, but live seafood.  Delicious!

Yawn  Yawn, oh sorry I am getting ready for a great night out in Hua Hin, guess night market, Swenson's Ice Cream, and home to bed by 9:30 pm.

If it is women, booze, drugs, wild times, you'll never forget, go to soi 2 in Pattaya, or Walking Street, if you get out alive, you'll have a experience of a lifetime.burp.gif 

Chao Lay Seafood restaurant is possibly the best restaurant in town with some Bangkok Thais doing the round trip to Hua Hin of a weekend just to eat the fresh fish.

Nightlife, frankly, is a bit dull with the main tourist square being the centre of the pricey bar area. Aggressive local 'hostesses' manhandle you into the bars then leave you to your own devices if there's a soap opera on telly or a particularly difficult level on candy crush to master and you're not prepared to pay inflated lady drink prices.

I was there last week and seemingly there's an still an unexplained midnight curfew in place, with the police whizzing around on bikes closing any bar that dare serve alcohol or play music after Cinderella hour.  After which, your only choice appears to be the after hours 'disco' the the Hilton, with a bottle of Singha costing around 200b and the police outside itching the close it as soon as the clock strikes 2am. A bit frustrating if you're after a party into the wee hours and the crowds gather outside the Hilton scratching their heads and wondering what to do other than retire to bed.

Nice place to relax on the beach and fill the daylight hours however. 

• Like 1

Ok! Many thanks to everyone for their thoughtful replies to the op...

So far, we've got: reading books & drinking cocoa (where are we, Vermont?); "skirt surfing" (huh?), body shots (where, when, how?), going somewhere/anywhere with Mrs. Falcon & Falcon Jr. (sounds kinda weird...), skinny dipping, overpriced seafood, ice cream, beach blankets, bingo & the night market (zzzzzzz, sounds kinda dull...).

We realize that Hua Hin isn't Patpong, Pattaya or Phuket- but, really- we're asking about your idea of a GREAT NIGHT OUT, here! There's got to be more options for p.m. fun in HH city!! Come on, you men-about-town; you bon vivants who really know how to have a good time, rise to the challenge! We could use a few more ideas... please!

xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.jz1nB6CMOI.png

Edited by Michaelaway

How on earth are we supposed to know what you consider to be a ' great night out ' Do you want good food , adventure , sex , to get drunk and party , listen to music or try a lady boy ?
If you simply want a list of every possible activity I suggest you read a few tourist sites , then you can come back and ask us if you would enjoy them lol
  • Like 1

How on earth are we supposed to know what you consider to be a ' great night out ' Do you want good food , adventure , sex , to get drunk and party , listen to music or try a lady boy ?
If you simply want a list of every possible activity I suggest you read a few tourist sites , then you can come back and ask us if you would enjoy them lol

Did you not read his two posts? He's asking what YOU consider a great night out. 

I don't get it.  OP asks what others consider their great night out & most responded with constructive replies.  This apparently didn't meet some as-yet unspoken criteria.  I toss it back to the OP -- what do YOU consider a great night out?  Then others can tell you when, how, or if it can be done.  

Depends, what's your idea of fun?

Hua Hin's not as "party " as her Patong and Pattaya cousins.

SDM

Yes, but some of us feel that Patong is a blight zone. I do not think I would ever spend another evening in Patong, unless someone agreed to pay me at least $5000 US. It is akin to visiting a garbage dump, or worse. Even if I was into that scene, the prices are simply mind boggling. Discos run by crime families who get their patrons killed in fires, due to a complete lack of safety standards. Then buy their way out of trouble when arrested? A history of the most corrupt mayors on the planet. Reminds one of Boardwalk Empire. Congestion so massive, not a parking lot in sight. Everything is wrong with Patong. Patong makes Hua Hin look like Monte Carlo. Very good food, a great bar scene, and so much more than Patong will ever have. Really, the only thing Patong has over HH is better beaches.

Spidermike
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

Sorry, I always try to be helpful and answer questions on here but I just don't do nights out.  After living in Hua Hin for 10 years, the only time I go out after dark is on special occasions when we go to a nice beach-side restaurant for a good (usually overpriced) meal.  Other than that, we are home evenings.

Hua Hin is very slow... dead... quiet during low season when you will be here so most of the things to do have already been suggested.

This question is pretty vague and open to vague answers.  Michaelaway, give us YOUR idea of a great night out in some other city which you name... then maybe we will have a better idea of what you are looking for and something to compare to.

Edited by hhfarang

Ok! Many thanks to everyone for their thoughtful replies to the op...

So far, we've got: reading books & drinking cocoa (where are we, Vermont?); "skirt surfing" (huh?), body shots (where, when, how?), going somewhere/anywhere with Mrs. Falcon & Falcon Jr. (sounds kinda weird...), skinny dipping, overpriced seafood, ice cream, beach blankets, bingo & the night market (zzzzzzz, sounds kinda dull...).

We realize that Hua Hin isn't Patpong, Pattaya or Phuket- but, really- we're asking about your idea of a GREAT NIGHT OUT, here! There's got to be more options for p.m. fun in HH city!! Come on, you men-about-town; you bon vivants who really know how to have a good time, rise to the challenge! We could use a few more ideas... please!
xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.jz1nB6CMOI.png

And we gave you our idea of a great night out. Anyway 'wink wink nod nod', think you may have better choices of a 'great night out' in Pattaya or you can try the Nana area in Bangkok.