What's a great night out in Hua Hin... for you?

Michaelaway

Actually from what I have seen, Hua Hin is going in the opposite direction of Samui. The nightlife there seems to be getting better. More bars, more massage, etc. Anything you want basically. Not like the feeble Chiang Mai, when it comes to nightlife, and not like the diminishing quality of Samui, where both the quality and the quantity has been dropping for years. One can make the same argument about Phuket, if you discount Patong, which in my opinion is like visiting the Warsaw Ghetto, and paying a lot of money in the process. I hear the "elders" want Samui to become a family destination. They seem to be doing a good job. A very anemic nightlife scene, if you do not count 3 or 4 clubs. The bar and massage scene has been dying for the last few years, unless you like fat and ugly. Most of the punters are fleeing the island, as a result. Not so in HH. Getting better. Seems the scene is being encouraged by smart adults and planners. 

• Like 1

Michael wants raunch, pure and simple. He and his mates are deviates and want to be deviated (?). They want a bar where the doors are shut and the girls wide open. They want sex, filth, disgusting behaviour. Come on, you Hua Hin voyeurs, give him perverted memories to last his perverted life. Give him the UNDERBELLY of Hua hin.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Whoa, some very fine and some truly weird posts... In any case, thanks again to everyone who responded to my OP (even the weirdos)- it's been fun. Everyone's got their own style (and opinion), and that's the way it should be!

Since a few of the replies have been soooooooooooo far from (my friend's and) my actual personal styles & preferences, maybe I'd better go ahead and explain a bit from out perspective. I guess our ideas for a great night out (spent at any Thai resort area, really) might be something along the lines of:

19:00- Steak or seafood dinner at __?___ restaurant (good food at a fair price.)

20:30- A walk through the Night Market (where visitors might find gifts for friends & family; anything special to Hua Hin you'd recommend?)

22:00- A few stops at the local bars where you guys like to go (where the staff are pleasant & not aggressive and the prices aren't exorbitant... ok, it wouldn't hurt if they're attractive!)

Another night might go:

19:00- Dinner at: what's your favorite restaurant in Hua Hin and why? (includes best ice cream, Thai food, pizza, etc.)

20:30- A massage (only massage!) at: where's a good shop please?

22:00- A few stops at the local bars (where the staff are pleasant & not aggressive and the prices aren't exorbitant... name names please)

Considering all other options... all ideas welcome (raunchy, perverse, debauched, deviant, voyeuristic ideas need not apply... we're on a break!).

xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.jz1nB6CMOI.png 

The club at Hilton, as someone has already suggested. If you like live Thai music, your options are quite a lot. Luknam pub is very good (up the hill a bit), they have a professional band there. You can also go to Hi4, which I think is a club, I'm not sure, never been there, but I heard from a local it's very good. You can look it up in Facebook.

Sent from my G2S using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Whoa, some very fine and some truly weird posts... In any case, thanks again to everyone who responded to my OP (even the weirdos)- it's been fun. Everyone's got their own style (and opinion), and that's the way it should be!

Since a few of the replies have been soooooooooooo far from (my friend's and) my actual personal styles & preferences, maybe I'd better go ahead and explain a bit from out perspective. I guess our ideas for a great night out (spent at any Thai resort area, really) might be something along the lines of:

19:00- Steak or seafood dinner at __?___ restaurant (good food at a fair price.)

20:30- A walk through the Night Market (where visitors might find gifts for friends & family; anything special to Hua Hin you'd recommend?)

22:00- A few stops at the local bars where you guys like to go (where the staff are pleasant & not aggressive and the prices aren't exorbitant... ok, it wouldn't hurt if they're attractive!)

Another night might go:

19:00- Dinner at: what's your favorite restaurant in Hua Hin and why? (includes best ice cream, Thai food, pizza, etc.)

22:00- A few stops at the local bars (where the staff are pleasant & not aggressive and the prices aren't exorbitant... name names please)

Considering all other options... all ideas welcome (raunchy, perverse, debauched, deviant, voyeuristic ideas need not apply... we're on a break!).

You could try walking down past the Hilton, try any of the seafood restaurants overlooking the sea. Come back and there are a few

nice massage shops opposite side from Hilton. After you could take a stroll down Bintabaht for a look or carry on and have a sit down in Mai Tai

bar. Later if your up for it inside Karaoke or the disco.

• Like 1

The club at Hilton, as someone has already suggested. If you like live Thai music, your options are quite a lot. Luknam pub is very good (up the hill a bit), they have a professional band there. You can also go to Hi4, which I think is a club, I'm not sure, never been there, but I heard from a local it's very good. You can look it up in Facebook.

Sent from my G2S using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Another night might go:

You could try walking down past the Hilton, try any of the seafood restaurants overlooking the sea. Come back and there are a few

nice massage shops opposite side from Hilton. After you could take a stroll down Bintabaht for a look or carry on and have a sit down in Mai Tai

bar. Later if your up for it inside Karaoke or the disco.

Thanks very much to everyone again. Any more favorite bars & restaurants to try?

Michael wants raunch, pure and simple. He and his mates are deviates and want to be deviated (?). They want a bar where the doors are shut and the girls wide open. They want sex, filth, disgusting behaviour. Come on, you Hua Hin voyeurs, give him perverted memories to last his perverted life. Give him the UNDERBELLY of Hua hin.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Did you have a Quaker or Amish upbringing? From a Hassidic family? Or the son of a Mormon bishop?

Spidermike007

• 2 weeks later...

Yawn  Yawn, oh sorry I am getting ready for a great night out in Hua Hin, guess night market, Swenson's Ice Cream, and home to bed by 9:30 pm.

If it is women, booze, drugs, wild times, you'll never forget, go to soi 2 in Pattaya, or Walking Street, if you get out alive, you'll have a experience of a lifetime.burp.gif 

Soi 2 has been knocked down, when was the last time you visited Pattaya 2010

Yawn  Yawn, oh sorry I am getting ready for a great night out in Hua Hin, guess night market, Swenson's Ice Cream, and home to bed by 9:30 pm.

If it is women, booze, drugs, wild times, you'll never forget, go to soi 2 in Pattaya, or Walking Street, if you get out alive, you'll have a experience of a lifetime.burp.gif 

Soi 2 has been knocked down, when was the last time you visited Pattaya 2010

Do you mean Soi 6 (during the day time it's pretty good (B-level talent but they work hard, in a good way).  An excellent drive to dine-n-dash to get relieved.

I've never been to HH --- are the hotels all 4-star or are there any less than $1K TBH per night? 

If you mean guesthouses, there are planty. I can recommand you 3 Anong (sam anong) Guesthouse, near the train station. 700 Baht, high qulity rooms.

I've never been to HH --- are the hotels all 4-star or are there any less than $1K TBH per night? 

You can get rooms in all price ranges, from 400 baht per night to thousands depending on your budget and the quality and location of the hotel.