Stamp Collecting Supplies Availability and Where

sailaway2000

I need to properly store and catalog literally thousands of stamps currently being displayed behind two very large picture frames for shipment overseas.

Is/are there any specialty stores/hobby shops which carry stamp collecting supplies?

Names/Addresses/ GPS coordinates appreciated.

Thanks.

My only possible lead would be a stamp collection postal museum in Mueang Khon Kaen. The school/office supply places around CMU have a lot of plastic wrap/covers/etc...and then there is Office XXXXX next to Baan and Beyond at Airport Plaza.......

Opposite the post office in Warrorot market is the Stamp museum run by the post office. I think they sell stamps, but if not the post office does. Also lots of stamps for sale at the main post office near the railway station.

From what I read the OP already has stamps, he's looking to put them in albums or something in order to catalog them.

Just a guess but why not try stationary stores. They seem to have a lot of different odds and ends in them. There is one on Thai Pai road on the left hand side of the road about 100 feet or so heading to the Thai Pai gate from the Night Bazaar road. Robinsons in the Mall has a large stationary department. I know there are other ones in all the Malls with maybe the exception of the Promenada.

Just a guess but why not try stationary stores. They seem to have a lot of different odds and ends in them. There is one on Thai Pai road on the left hand side of the road about 100 feet or so heading to the Thai Pai gate from the Night Bazaar road. Robinsons in the Mall has a large stationary department. I know there are other ones in all the Malls with maybe the exception of the Promenada.

is there any topic you won't post on? nevermind about not having any first-hand experience with a subject. let's post for the heck of it.

• Like 1

Try contacting this dealer who does sell some supplies via the Internet (or at least he did at one time). He can either supply what you need or direct you to someone who can.

http://www.hobbyinter.com/view-siam-thai-stamps-list-lastest-english-5-1.html

There are a number of shops across from & near to the old post office on Chareon Krung Rd in Bangkok.

This listing is somewhat dated, but you still might get useful information from it.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~saparker/tps/stampshops.htm

including a number of listings in Bangkok and a few (possibly old ... call first) references to Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai

LANNA COLLECTION

Location: 95/11 Khodchasan Road (opposite the senior citizens home)

Mail: Lanna Collection, 95/11 Khodchasan Road, Amphoe Muang, Chiang Mai City, 50100

Hours: Monday-Saturday 0800-1800

Tel: (053) 272-562, (053) 272-584

The store is owned by Mr. PhiChai KhongAaRaYaWaedChakun. According to their magazine advertisement, these folks deal in postage stamps, philatelic accessories, coins, medallions and telephone cards.

CHIENG MAI STAMP

Location: 105/6 Rajadamner Road, Phra Sing Canton, Chiang Mai

Mail: Chieng Mai Stamp, 105/6 Rajdamnern Rd., T. Phra Sing, Muang Chiang Mai 50000, Thailand

Hours: Mon-Sat 0900-1730, Sun 0900-1400

Tel: (053) 276-776

This store is owned and operated by Mr. Ruangrit Leekitwatana. He's quite pleasant and speaks good, but not excellent, English. His clean and neat shop is adequate in size and ambience. Postage stamps are his major item but he also deals in currencies and telephone cards. Within postage stamps, topicals (thematics) are his major interest. This store does a fairly good business and is easily accessable to locals and tourists alike. Reportedly, his prices are very fair.

And of course: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Publications-Supplies-/35322/i.html?_from=R40&_dmd=2&_nkw=thailand

post-145917-0-51759600-1405299939_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69