Chinese paper calls Julie Bishop a 'complete fool', Australia a country of 'rascals and outlaws'

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Chinese can see what a number of Australians missed last election.

See what? A culture so full if knowledge and wisdom they cannot see the hands in front of their faces due the pollution and smog they created. Lol, 90 % of their women that have decent looks are so desparate to leave they try and marry the rascals and outlaws from other nations. Actually, I think they would take a male with a pulse if it meant a ticket out of that wonderful place called China.

That they can see what you also missed; That Julie Bishop is a complete fool

I can't believe they fell for Abbott.

China is a bit miffed that Oz has just hosted the Japanese PM and that we refer to them as out best friend in Asia.
I spent a lot of time in China and know many Chinese middle class who would love to leave, and move to Oz..

I think this may be very true. Japanese PM speaking in Parliament, mass media coverage etc, etc.

Let's not forget that Kevin Rudd and the previous government spent a lot of time with China. Edited by Absolut

"Uninformed ignorance" would have been agreeing with him about someone that I have never heard of before. Julie Bishop is not exactly a household name outside of Australia. laugh.png

Do not worry Uly, i am Australian and got no idea who she is.

May be the new up coming pop star

During British area authorities send criminal and prostitute from England to colonize Australia. This is a black face of British colonization.

However the British and after Australian  try to deport and exterminate aborigen 

What???

Do some research before posting next time and please make your posts a bit more readable.

Foreign policy and trade relations are closely intertwined. China is Australia's largest trading partner. Bishops megaphone critism of China, that Australia has nearly zero capability to enforce compliance, combined with Abbott's comments is unfortunate timing for Chinese / Australian relations. China is not 100% reliant on Australian resources and rural exports. Any downturn in trade relations, a potential outcome of Bishop's critic in future trade negotiations, will likley hurt Australia more than China.

Abbott's made a comment that praised "the skill and honour of Japanese soldiers", a statement that did not go well within Australia, nor with the Chinese, for obvious reasons.

As someone mentioned, overall Julia Bishop is not doing a good job of representing Australia's interests.

"Uninformed ignorance" would have been agreeing with him about someone that I have never heard of before. Julie Bishop is not exactly a household name outside of Australia. laugh.png

Thank your lucky stars UG, this is a woman that can visit you in nightmares if you allow it.

Imagine a government half as intelligent than your worst American government of all times, well she forms part of that government. Now imagine a government that was only half as intelligent as that one well that's her opposition.

Australia is in a very dire place indeed.

RIP.

Relax everyone. If we dish it out, we have to cop it sweet.

Shock jocks and Rupert press dish it out to people they don't like constantly. Looks like many people are looking for umbrage so they can take their fill.

China is an important country and it is not perfect. Oz is a less important country (in the world order) and it is not perfect. You can say the same about every other place also.

I am not an admirer of China, but I respect their accomplishments economically since the demise of the awful Mao.

• Like 1

Good analysis here:  http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/why-did-a-chinese-newspaper-call-julie-bishop-a-complete-fool-20140715-zt7m0.html

Basically, Australia is and has been heavily involved in building a coalition to oppose China's muscle flexing (Spratly Islands etc..).  China not impressed.  

Edited by moojar

During British area authorities send criminal and prostitute from England to colonize Australia. This is a black face of British colonization.

However the British and after Australian  try to deport and exterminate aborigen 

What???

Do some research before posting next time and please make your posts a bit more readable.

It would have been a better request for him to just stop posting all together :)
  • Like 1

Thank your lucky stars UG, this is a woman that can visit you in nightmares if you allow it.

Imagine a government half as intelligent than your worst American government of all times, well she forms part of that government. Now imagine a government that was only half as intelligent as that one well that's her opposition.

Australia is in a very dire place indeed.

RIP.

The Australian people have the government they voted for. There are no surprises. They have a lot in common with the previous US administration, but without the global influence.

Now CHina is saying that Bishop never made the comments.  This is despite the comments having been recorded.

China: Julie Bishop comments that sparked Beijing's rebuke 'never' made

On Monday, China’s most popular tabloid, The Global Times, blasted Australian Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop as a “complete fool” for telling Fairfax Media that she would stand up to China in defence of Australian values.

Ms Bishop's comments were originally published in Thursday's The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald.

However, late on Tuesday night, on the eve of China’s highest-ranking general arriving to meet Australia’s top brass and Prime Minister Tony Abbott, China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs denied that Ms Bishop said any of those offending remarks at all.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/china-julie-bishop-comments-that-sparked-beijings-rebuke-never-made-20140716-ztgwt.html#ixzz37aYMrMjG

• Like 1

"I am not an admirer of China, but I respect their accomplishments economically since the demise of the awful Mao."

Nothing to respect; countries like S Korea and more in SE Asia have made similar leaps out of periods of repression, but managed to do it without turning into a bullying empire. I suspect Bishop's comments are an accurate reflection of the underlying sentiment but not too smart as Ch. has the cash to afford to be the bully, for now at least.
  • Like 1

The Chinese have a different view of Human Rights.   What is in the collective good of the country trumps any individual or group's rights or freedoms.   So, when the Chinese mistreat a group it is because they deserve to be mistreated.   

A Classic excuse "You deserved it" !

China has the balls to bring up human rights?  cheesy.gif  cheesy.gif

"Australia is an outpost of rascals and outlaws that will soon adjust to the shifting realities of power, says a Chinese state-owned newspaper."

Is that a threat? Sounds like some saber rattling there. I have news for that punk China. Australia has friends.

Not saber rattling, we might call it a "Freudian Slip". There is a very deep seated and prevailing view among many that China's time has come to expand its greatness and all the world should tremble before the Middle Kingdom. I look forward to reading " When China Rules the World". I do, in fact, tremble at the aspect.

Several Billion Thaksins is enough to make anyone tremble!

“Australia's history is not short of records of human rights infringement on the Aboriginal population,” said the Global Times, China’s most popular tabloid, in an editorial published in the newspaper’s English and Chinese editions today.

Whereas China's history on human-rights after invading Tibet, or with its own citizens in Tianamen Square, is totally spotless ?

"Julie Isabel Bishop is an Australian politician. She is the 38th and current Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs since the swearing in of the Abbott Government on 18 September 2013. Bishop is the only woman in the current cabinet."

Rhetoric reminiscent of that  great liberator despot Mao Tse Tung

I agree for a great power the Chinese often resort to this juvenile and childish name calling. I still recall some of the names that Chris Patten the last British governor of Hong Kong was called, it was so childish. I often wonder how the Chinese would react if some of the main stream media in the west responded with the same silly name calling. Grow up china you are now one of the world's leading powers start acting like one.

Who on earth takes seriously, the mouthpiece of a murderous, repressive govt. that trades in human organs, and puts down any self criticism by either locking people up, or making them disappear? This is one of the most heinous and thug like near dictatorships on the planet. Really, does anyone take them seriously? Sure they have influence due to their wealth. But moral authority? I have met New Jersey gangsters with more moral authority than the Chinese government. They are pigs. Swine. Insects. Sharks. Hogs. Bullfrogs. Do you know how many members of their politburo are NOT billionaires? I am talking dollars. One. Out of over 500. And we are expected to take anything they say seriously? Is this a joke?

Spidermike007

Sells papers in China?

...but a many Australians would agree that Bishop is a 'complete fool'? She represented CSR in the 'Asbestos' mining workers case, who had contracted mesothelioma as a result of their work for the company. Julia has also been known to make flippant comments from time to time.

Smart women but lacks street creed.

Rhetoric reminiscent of that  great liberator despot Mao Tse Tung

I agree for a great power the Chinese often resort to this juvenile and childish name calling. I still recall some of the names that Chris Patten the last British governor of Hong Kong was called, it was so childish. I often wonder how the Chinese would react if some of the main stream media in the west responded with the same silly name calling. Grow up china you are now one of the world's leading powers start acting like one.

Yes, the Boyz in Beijing like to denounce, pronounce, scold, threaten, bully. China's emperors have always been this way, I. e., authoritarian dictators whose arbitrary word always has been the law.

The current dynasty in Beijing wears business suits, is a young and nervous dynasty, but it is nonetheless yet another Chinese dynasty. That is, it has an unreal view of itself and of the world beyond it.

The CCP Boyz in Beijing are klutzes. They are bulls in the china shoppe. Lao Tzu they aren't. When imprisoned Dr Lui Xiaobo was named the 2010 Nobel Peace Laureate, the Boyz called the Nobel Committee "a bunch of little clowns." The reality is the Boyz are subcultural to the modern globalized culture of the advanced societies and world.

Julie Bishop knows, realizes, recognizes, that regardless of economic and trade ties, a World War I guns of august miscalculation or unintended chain reaction remains the unlearned lesson in Beijing. Irredentism and revanchism are menacingly alive in Beijing, which places the Boyz in a 1914 time warp everyone needs to be greatly concerned about.

The Global Times reminds us of the fact.

I don't know who Julie Bishop is, but he might have a point about the “rascals and outlaws”. tongue.png

She is the foreign Minister in Tony Dumb Dumb's Government.  She always wanted to be P.M but unfortunately Dumb Dumb was just a fraction smarter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c3IaKVmkXuk

correction....not smarter...slightly less dumb.

"Julie Bishop knows, realizes, recognizes, that regardless of economic and trade ties, a World War I guns of august miscalculation or unintended chain reaction remains the unlearned lesson in Beijing. Irredentism and revanchism are menacingly alive in Beijing, which places the Boyz in a 1914 time warp everyone needs to be greatly concerned about.

The Global Times reminds us of the fact."

Yes but they are quickly surrounding themselves with enemies and even have dangerous ones on the inside, as in the out-west terrorists/"freedom fighter" who have made three brutal attacks (Kunming, Urumqi, and Tiananmen) and have vowed more. They're actively stealing from/screwing over foreign companies working inside the country and seem to act like the teenager who doesn't realize their behavior has natural consequences. Well everyone from the ancient Greeks to the Bible says that people who act with excessive pride or hubris tend to attract the wrath of the gods, so I'm waiting to see how it plays out for the boyz in Beijing.