New Airport

suiging

I have it on good authority from a man in the know ( well I went to school with him and his mum's nice ) who works on the contract despute side at the airport. He feels that 28 Sep is a joke, shared even amongst even amongst party supporters. However, they are busting a gut to get it up for a grand hooragghhh !! for the King's birthday.

I have it on good authority from a man in the know ( well I went to school with him and his mum's nice ) who works on the contract despute side at the airport. He feels that 28 Sep is a joke, shared even amongst even amongst party supporters. However, they are busting a gut to get it up for a grand hooragghhh !! for the King's birthday.

It's a rumour that the airport won't be open until next year.

Posted a couple of days ago...Just for Info.... :o

Picked up K.W from heathrow last night (TG 916)and she told me that her mates who work for Immigration at Don Muang are definately moving over to Suwanna at the beginning of September for the opening around the 28th.

(nice ladies,work for the government,well paid ...cars etc...but no boyfriends.....another thread maybe)

Anyway dosnt mean it wont open then but as said they are all on notice for the re-allocation

Incid lot of talk recently about Heathrow arr/depts and time taken but wifes plane touched down at 6-45 pm-unloaded ,picked up bags and cleared immigration... and I met her walking through the exit at five passed seven...20 minutes......quickest ever.

She told me that she was looking forward to seeing all the little sniffer dogs waiting for druggies,terriorists etc but apparantly no customs on duty at all....

BANGKOK: -- With the scheduled opening of Bangkok's new Suvarnabhumi International Airport only three months away, complete testing of the new airport facilities will begin Monday (July 3), the airport director said Saturday, to ensure that the national showcase is ready for the launch.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Somchai Sawasdipol said tests would be conducted on air-conditioning and lighting systems, passenger check-in counters and the operation of CTX bomb scanners starting Monday and continuing until the airport's opening for commercial use.

Low-cost airlines will undertake tests by taking off and landing at the airport on July 29.

The airport is scheduled for commercial opening two months later, on September 28.

Regarding expressed concerns that staff who are transferred from the existing Don Muang International Airport and newly recruited personnel may encounter problems on using the state-of-the-art equipment at Suvarnabhumi Airport when it opens, Mr. Somchai said there should be no problem as full training has been given to all officials.

The eight-storey complex, including an underground floor--where there will be electric mass transit facilities--and passenger terminals of the new airport, has a total area of some 563,000 square meters and is located on the northern part of the airport. It can cater to 45 million passengers annually

I believe that the Airport will “open” on 28 September if only in name; this will enable the Government and AOT etc. so sign off on various Contracts for work done and / or supply of equipment; accepting that the Contracts have been completed in accordance with all terms and conditions.

This is merely a ruse but will act as the “trigger” for final payments to be made to Contractors and Suppliers which in turn will mean that payments on the corrupt Contracts will be payable to the various TRT Ministers and other Officials who gave out the Contracts.

TRT is increasingly worried that they will not be in such a powerful position when new Elections are eventually held, so they are desperate to cash in on the huge payoffs due to them as soon as possible.

Patrick