Where Can I Buy a Kite

osmar

I looked for a while and finally found one of those roadside stands selling them.
These are the small cheap ones of course.

But, if havent' seen any lately.
But, if you go to Saphan Hin on a sunny, windy, weekend, you see Thai people flying quite elaborate ones.

They are mostly homemade and I bought one of these from a guy flying one for 200 baht.

If the weather doesn't cooperate and they aren't around, I suggest you go to Google and figure out how to make one yourself.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I have been kite buggying in the UK for some years.

Now i'm here in Phuket.

I've looked at Shot's link above and it has everything you need, from stunt stuff to real power kites. For maximum fun, I'd get a 4-line power kite - that's a ram-air kite with the parallel pockets, open at the leading edge.

See pages 38-42 in the catalogue:

http://www.sportkitethailand.com/download/SKTcatalog.pdf

Actually, there seems to be a newer design using 3 lines (that's how kiteboarding kites are made) which will be easier to fly and the 3rd line allows you to adjust the power. For jumping, or just fun with aerobatics, etc. this might be great. It will really pull though. biggrin.png

Check out the internet and see what type you want. Whatever you choose, the catalogue seems to cover all areas......and no one has given me a free kite to say that!!

thumbsup.gif

I got a large single string angry bird kite for the young fella online from a place in Singapore a year ago, took 4 days to arrive at the door. Dont have the address anymore sorry but try google, kite, singapore.

Edited by beechbum