90-Day check - NEW Immigrtation Procedures July 2014

LukDod

[Admin - consider pinning this info]

This applies to all who have not done a 90-day check _prior_ to July 14, 2014

When performing your regular 90-day check, take a completed TM-47
passport and necessary passport copies to Immigration.
Now there is a new procedure...they will process your TM-47 and return to you a
new completed TM-47 which their computer has filled out all of your necessary info
and indicates the date for your next 90-day check.
So, in the future once you are in the system, you will only need to take your
passport when doing your 90-day check. No other documents or passport
photo copies are needed, unless you wish to inform them of a change in
your residence, or new passport number.

BUT...currently there is a glitch in their system, so be sure and check your
personal info which they provide on the new TM-47 before leaving Immigration.
I'm male and neither a katoey nor female...but the info they provided me on the
new TM-47 had some serious errors. Before leaving the check-in desk, inspect
the document and inform them of any errors.
See the attached photo of the TM-47 they gave me; the errors are highlighted in yellow.

Also, when first being processed into the new system, they require you to
read and then sign a document which applies new rules for overstayers.
Now, those ne'er-do-well and blantant overstayers will have new rules to deal with.
See the attached photo of the new visa rules for overstayers.

post-24219-0-84411800-1405403641_thumb.j

Edited by Crossy
Image with personal details removed
  • Like 1

Uhm. Why would you post a document showing your name, address, passport number and other personal data on a public forum? Next time you visit the bank to make a withdrawal don't be surprised if someone else using your identity beat you to it...

• Like 1

Uhm. Why would you post a document showing your name, address, passport number and other personal data on a public forum? Next time you visit the bank to make a withdrawal don't be surprised if someone else using your identity beat you to it...

I've removed the image.

• Like 1

I just had a look at the TM 47 form that was printed out for me by Jomtien immigration at my last 90 day report

on the back are the details of some bloke from Nepal !!!! facepalm.gif

Namaste! biggrin.png

Look on the other side of the sheet- they are reusing old forms to save paper.

Edited by WaywardWind

I've removed the image.

Thisw occurred today at Pattaya Immigration

Oops...my error in not removing the identifying info on the female that was erroneously shown as me.

I have edited the the gals personal identifying info and am reposting the copy of the'new' TM-47

I hope this is acceptable.

BTW,,,I also edited my Arrival Card number, address and phone number which were (suprisingly) correct!

post-24219-0-00339900-1405414165_thumb.j

Edited by LukDod

Good description but not actually new. This procedure has been (partially) in effect at Jomtien for several months and has been discussed a few times here.

Yes, I don't see what's new. Each time I've been checked by the lady at the computer terminal she's returned my paper work after checking her computer to see if my application is the same as previous visits. She always says to bring the paper work next time in case I get a different officer (since on precious visits the procedure was not yet totally functional, I assume, and there's only one terminal).

I filled out the TM47 on my computer, update it each time & print it out ... and I think the one I use, downloaded from Thai Visa, is the same as the one pictured in this thread.

Edited by Suradit69

Good description but not actually new. This procedure has been (partially) in effect at Jomtien for several months and has been discussed a few times here.

Right. I first got this computerised form in March.

Only one of officers had a computer when I did it again in June.

Addendum...

Returned to Immigratiin tiday and they corrected the info on my TM-47.

I guess I wasn't in the loop and was unaware that this 'new' procedure has been in effect for a few months.

Many others awaiting a new 90-day already were in the new system.

I guess the on advice I can provide to those first timers to the system is to _verify_ the TM-47 info before leaving Immigtation.

Sorry...to have created an unnecessay topic post.

Edited by LukDod

Sorry...to have created an unnecessay topic post.

As I mentioned, your description was good so no need to apologise. I was just pointing out that the procedure is not completely new and that many people will already have been through it once or twice. Personally I have done it once and would have done it again had I not left the country just before my next 90-day report was due.

I will be due to report again a couple of months and I will be taking the previous computerised reminder (from 4 months ago) with me. At the time the lady said that even if I leave the country in-between reports I should bring the reminder as she will just change the dates on the computer, and update only the arrival card details. Though by then I will have all new retirement extension details too (assuming that retirement extensions dont go the way of back-to-back visa runs).

I did the same 90 day report as the OP states on 4th july in jomtien,the glitch was that i got a completed TM47 dated 4th july , on the other side of which was a copy of some other visitors passport photo, now my next report date is 1st october, so for 1 the date is incorrect, and which i can deal with,but now instead of of the usual tear off notification i have a full a4 sized document stapled within my passport.

But all credit immo at least your getting there.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

I did the same 90 day report as the OP states on 4th july in jomtien,the glitch was that i got a completed TM47 dated 4th july , on the other side of which was a copy of some other visitors passport photo, now my next report date is 1st october, so for 1 the date is incorrect, and which i can deal with,but now instead of of the usual tear off notification i have a full a4 sized document stapled within my passport.

But all credit immo at least your getting there.

Puzzled about why the date would be incorrect. 1st Oct is 90th day after 4th July right?