Majestic Condo

Does anyone now the Majestic Condo building at Jomtien Beach I am looking at a Condo there 1 bedroom 1,500,000 but havent seen the place?

Thanks

Sounds rather expensive for the Majestic? Assuming it is two studios knocked into one? This has always been a low cost building & is quite old. Better to take a look before commiting yourself. Act in haste, repent at leisure :-)

The fresh market is directly across the road so that is handy. There are no baht buses that run that road so if you don't have your own transportation you would have to walk or take a motorcycle taxi to beach road. Not long ago there were a lot of the very small single units available starting at about 350,000 baht. On that basis I'd have to say it is way overpriced. I don't know what size the corner units are but if memory serves me right the studios were 28 square meters. The whole complex looked a little worn the last time I was in there. I'd look around some more.

Thanks for that Foxie it is quoted as 60sqm

I stayed at the Majestic Jomtien many times and enjoyed it. It has a friendly atmosphere and a nice pool area and it is across from a great market. I havn't seen condos for the prices mentioned above and if anyone has one for that price let me know. Now they seem to be about double that price for a studio, just look at adds in the Pattaya papers or on the internet. Just thinking about Jomtien and Pattaya makes me miss it. Wish I could be sitting on the beach right now.

A friend just looked at a couple of 28sqm. studio units in the Majestic. They were newly refurbished and unoccupied since the redo. Priced in the range of 7XX,000 and 8XX,000. Sorry I can't remember the exact prices, but he said he wouldn't pay more than 650,000 baht for them. I mentioned the unit you looked at and said he'd think 1.2-1.25million would be about right.

-redwood

As somebody who buys, renovates and sells quite a few condos in Jomtien I can tell you that depending on the quality of the renovation the price of 1,500,000 is a reasonably fair price. I personally don’t do business in Majestic due to its location and the fact that most buyers of my condos do not possess their own transportation, which is almost a necessity for long term living at Majestic.

But, if your most important buying requirements were size (one bedroom as opposed to a studio) and being adjacent to the beach your choice would not be bad. Although it is true you could acquire condos in Majestic for 300,000 to 400,000 ranges a while ago, those days are long gone. In addition, even then when attempting to buy condos next to each other you always pay a premium because they are so hard to acquire. Then you have to consider the cost of renovating the condo, which for a quality job is at a minimum of 300,000 for a 60 square condo, and that’s if you know what you doing, have the time to do it, have all the contacts, know where to buy all the materials for the cheapest prices and have eliminated all the contractors that do shady work and will rip you off. So, for a 1st time renovator add 100,000.

Next, it is very hard to find any buildings where you can buy condos sensibly priced in your own name now, as opposed to company names. If you find one in any of the View Talay’s (where I have done most of my business) they are so outrageously over priced now, due to the announcement from the interior ministry that is almost impossible to justify the price they are asking. And you can just forget about finding two next to each other in a foreign name, they do not exist.

So, all in all, the price is not so bad for a one bedroom, in your own name, reasonably close to the beach, again depending on the quality of the renovation.

I have a few now for sale, in a much better location, on Soi 7 in Jomtien 200 meters from the beach. Both are high quality renovations. A 30 square Meter for 695,000 and a 60 square meter for 1,800.000.

• 3 years later...
Hi,

Can I know where is Majestic condos exactly and what is the price now ?

Is it better than View Talay 1 or View Talay 2 ?

Also, if you know other condos for less than 1 million, please advice.

Thanks.

Its on soi wat boon ,Jomtien .Its a low rise ( i think 5 to 8 story high ) older building .Jomtien Beach Condo ,on Jomtien beach road ,also has some single 28 sq meter studios under 1M .

The fresh market is directly across the road so that is handy. There are no baht buses that run that road so if you don't have your own transportation you would have to walk or take a motorcycle taxi to beach road. Not long ago there were a lot of the very small single units available starting at about 350,000 baht. On that basis I'd have to say it is way overpriced. I don't know what size the corner units are but if memory serves me right the studios were 28 square meters. The whole complex looked a little worn the last time I was in there. I'd look around some more.

350,000 bht ? That is nothing, that is beer money. What would the monthly condo fees be on a place like that ? I would buy at those prices if I could rent the place out while I am gone. Can you rent them out ?

350,000 bht ? That is nothing, that is beer money. What would the monthly condo fees be on a place like that ? I would buy at those prices if I could rent the place out while I am gone. Can you rent them out ?

>>B350,000 <<

Not now , thats a few years ago .A decent studio in majestic will start at B600,000 up now .They are low rise and have big balconies .The general area around Majestic has improved with a good cheap Thai market plus a 7/11 and other shops .Also a more up market Condo complex called Park Lane nearing completion next door .

Yearly maintenance in Majestic will be around B4000 a year .

• 2 years later...

Hi,

i recently purchased two ajoining rooms in the Majestic.

The area is very relaxed just 10 min walk to jomtiem beach.

The fees are for general cleaning and swimming pool maintainence

and are around 6000 per room.So if you have a double you pay double

which i think is alittle unfair.You are right the bht bus does not come down too often

but as the area is still developing i think by next year you will see more.

Now you have to go to the beach to be sure of one within 2 minutes.

There are some units 28sq metre at 600,000 but nothing below that ...there

are some at the other end of the scale at 3 and 4 mil...so as the previous

post said it all depends on the refit and the size.The area is very relaxed

with a few bars and thai outdoor restaurants next to the outdoor market.

I really like it as i have two kids now and if i had stopped up soi buckow

one of us would have been run over by now.

Isn't living in two adjacent-but-probably-conjoined studios a bit cramped with two children?

The area around the Majestic has seen quite a few improvements since this thread started almost 5.5 years ago:

- New townhouse complex in the Majestic's front yard including a 7-11 and small Tesco Lotus (what is their name? Lotus Express?) stores.

- The fresh market across the street underwent a considerable renovation and a new market area has sprung up next door.

- Park Lane condos next door are alive and well, and Paradise Park is well under construction behind them.

- Angket Condo just up the street had a nice sprucing up and looks decent now.

- Majestic itself got a lick of exterior paint a year or so go, which helped spruce up its dowdy appearance. Majestic has never spared effort to keep the pool area clean and inviting.

The main thing still missing is baht bus service. The moto-sai taxi guys used to depart their workplace shortly after sunset, but I understand they now remain longer?

Hi,

which i think is alittle unfair.You are right the bht bus does not come down too often

So no price increase in 5 years.

Contrary what we always hear from real estate experts... :whistling:

Hi,

Can I know where is Majestic condos exactly and what is the price now ?

Is it better than View Talay 1 or View Talay 2 ?

Also, if you know other condos for less than 1 million, please advice.

Thanks.

I looked at Majestic 5 years ago before I bought at VT1 (from a French guy).

I lived at VT 1 before buying 1 unit (38 sq m). I like it - and on a budget it's perfect for me.

It's been pretty easy to rent out as well (at a low price).

I haven't noticed an increase in prices but the exchange rate is sure different.

Maint fee at VT 1 is 6,000 and VT 2 - 8,000

Hi,

So no price increase in 5 years.

Contrary what we always hear from real estate experts... :whistling:

In the past five to six years, the prices increased dramatically for a while, then dropped, but are still mostly higher than before.

e.g. At one point, a friend of mine who was renovating units for quick resale, sold at least one double unit for over B3 million (!).

The units now being sold at B600,000 are the bargain units which have replaced the ones that were B400,000 to B500,000 five years ago. Is that contrary the what the real estate experts say? :whistling:

Does anyone now the Majestic Condo building at Jomtien Beach I am looking at a Condo there 1 bedroom 1,500,000 but havent seen the place?

Thanks

Sounds rather expensive for the Majestic? Assuming it is two studios knocked into one? This has always been a low cost building & is quite old. Better to take a look before commiting yourself. Act in haste, repent at leisure :-)

+1 :thumbsup: Highly recommend looking before committing. We almost did that with a rental and glad we didn't. The building we looked at, not the Majestic, was nothing like the pics on the internet. We would have been extremely miserable.

Lots of deals out there now, but you need to be here to find them.

• 1 month later...

We like the Majestic because the area is nice and steady and it's only a short walk to the beach.

The fresh food market,and the local traders selling cooked food is also a great plus.

I think this is a good area for families .

The only downside is the building does look a

Neglected at times.....foyer seats ripped,dirty hallways and walls.....windows too.

Also the Upkeep fees,ie for cleaning pool etc are

Doubled when you have two rooms......why!!!!

I hope the Belgian owner reads this and makes note.

Has anyone else complained?or is it just me?