Saphan Hin Immi Office

RawaiPlaBoyz

Very crowded to say the least.  No parking, a big Moto Taxi Que etc. I got there at 0800 and the lot was full!  I had a friend go there yesterday and found the same...  

Look, the back row  of the office is mostly for long stays etc. was empty whilst the other other areas were gonzoland. 

I saw a guy who got married yesterday trying to avoid an overstay etc.

A Russian almost got detained because an Immi officer told him he needed to leave Thailand today or be on overstay. I was waiting him to say that he could leaved because he had to work tomorrow.

I like all this. Get the Immi cheats out. Most don't have money are want to rip off other Farangs. Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!

Oh yeah.. 40 min for Extension of Stay and Multiple reentry. See ya next year!

"seems like the cracking down on the younger generation but leaving the old farts alone" - a lot of "the old farts" got hit hard during the GFC. Many of them are struggling.

There are many under 50's here, self funded and cashed up, mainly because they did not have as much exposure to the GFC  - they are the ones being denied entry, because they must be working illegally, right?  smile.png

Like you suggest, they are "age profiling." 

Edited by NamKangMan

I went after lunch last month for a one year extension, a re-entry permit and the new 90 day form. A bit over an hour. There were people fumbling through trying to get a marriage visa, with their kid in tow, who were still there after me and started a half hour before me. It would be nice if people had their paperwork together! But even I was caught off guard. They now want a copy of every extension in your current passport, and even the old visa transfer page as well as the departure card, entry and exit stamps and current extension and re-entry. No problem, a quick run downstairs and 9฿later. Then of course for your new re-entry you need a copy of your new extension! Back downstairs and another 3฿ (extension 1,900฿ and single re-entry, 1,000฿) in fees. Done! Good for 90 days and up to another year with just the quick checkin.

"seems like the cracking down on the younger generation but leaving the old farts alone" - a lot of "the old farts" got hit hard during the GFC. Many of them are struggling.

There are many under 50's here, self funded and cashed up, mainly because they did not have as much exposure to the GFC  - they are the ones being denied entry, because they must be working illegally, right?  smile.png

What's GFC?

Gillingham Football Club?

I went after lunch last month for a one year extension, a re-entry permit and the new 90 day form. A bit over an hour. There were people fumbling through trying to get a marriage visa, with their kid in tow, who were still there after me and started a half hour before me. It would be nice if people had their paperwork together! But even I was caught off guard. They now want a copy of every extension in your current passport, and even the old visa transfer page as well as the departure card, entry and exit stamps and current extension and re-entry. No problem, a quick run downstairs and 9฿later. Then of course for your new re-entry you need a copy of your new extension! Back downstairs and another 3฿ (extension 1,900฿ and single re-entry, 1,000฿) in fees. Done! Good for 90 days and up to another year with just the quick checkin.

Who processed my passport needed only the last two extensions of stay as per the instruction sheen offered at the volunteer stand.

Car park is always full. I always have to park on the main road my last 3 trips.

40 minutes only - seems quite quick compared to my 90+ minute time for annual extension.

Seems a bit long... Did you have remedial activities like more photocopies etc. Be Prepared seems to be the theme of the other posters.

"I saw a guy who got married yesterday trying to avoid an overstay etc." - I'm sure there will be a spike in sham marriages in the near future, in order to get around the visa crack down.

Yeah! marry a TG.. to get qa visa. The spike will be in the posterior or the groom.\

\I wonder what the going rate will be for Visa Marriages???????

What's GFC?

I assume that he's talking about the "global financial crisis", though I'd disagree with his view on who got 'hit hard'.   I think it was everyone, and there's just as many (if not more) over 50's who are 'cashed up' as those younger.

What's GFC?

I assume that he's talking about the "global financial crisis", though I'd disagree with his view on who got 'hit hard'.   I think it was everyone, and there's just as many (if not more) over 50's who are 'cashed up' as those younger.

Thanks. It is customary to use the full term first, before resorting to acronyms.

What's GFC?

Plus they are not being denied 'because 'they must be working illegally', but because they don't meet the present visa requirements.

What's GFC?

I think you will find those that were already retired, and living here, in 2008, got hit harder than those under 50, and still working in 2008, and are now mid to late 40's, retired early, and living here full time. 

The currency exchange rate hit the retirees here particularly hard.

Under 50's had less exposure, as they were still working and earning, when the worse of it hit.

How many older retirees moved up to Issan in 2008, and the following year? :)

Edited by NamKangMan

What's GFC?

Thanks. It is customary to use the full term first, before resorting to acronyms.

Sorry KB.  I just thought it obvious. 

GFC = Global Financial Crisis

What's GFC?

Plus they are not being denied 'because 'they must be working illegally', but because they don't meet the present visa requirements.

As mentioned, there are no "present visa requirements" for them to meet.

Can you state the visa I should be on?

What's GFC?

As mentioned, there are no "present visa requirements" for them to meet.

Can you state the visa I should be on?

So? Does not mean 'denied because they must be working illegally'.

@ stevenl

Can you name the visa those under 50, self funded and single, should be using?

You've already been told. Thai Elite card.

He has been answered many, many times already but does not like the answer, so keeps coming back with the same question. Just like child asking for candy and getting denied.

Who processed my passport needed only the last two extensions of stay as per the instruction sheen offered at the volunteer stand.

That's what I thought and had and I was approved by the volunteer. When I went to the officer, he folded over three more pages and said get copies of these downstairs and come back.

@ stevenl

Can you name the visa those under 50, self funded and single, should be using?

You've already been told. Thai Elite card.

He has been answered many, many times already but does not like the answer, so keeps coming back with the same question. Just like child asking for candy and getting denied.

The only reply you have given is "they don't meet the visa requirements."

I'll rephrase my question for you, for what visa are these people able to meet the requirements?

Car park is always full. I always have to park on the main road my last 3 trips.

40 minutes only - seems quite quick compared to my 90+ minute time for annual extension.

Yes, we can teach an old dog new tricks......

Now-a-days the Pol Vols check you paperwork and even place things in proper order.  Hence very fast as there was   no one sitting of the chairs in the queue for the back row. Just walked right to the assigned officer.

You weren't wearing your TV T shirt??

Now-a-days the Pol Vols check you paperwork and even place things in proper order.  Hence very fast as there was   no one sitting of the chairs in the queue for the back row. Just walked right to the assigned officer.

As previously posted, my last extension took about 17 minutes. Empty queue, just before lunch time, they were probably keen to finish before nap time.

My GF took the completed paperwork in while I waited in the car. (In the disabled bay near the stairs. Shared by a bikey's Harley)

Edited by Old Croc

A five year visa comes with it (sheesh you are hard work sometimes).

I know you get a 5 year visa with it.

I would rather marry a bar girl, than hand over 500,000 baht for a card that could be canceled next week, with no refund.  

It reminds me of the timeshare scam.  biggrin.png

As previously posted, my last extension took about 17 minutes. Empty queue, just before lunch time, they were probably keen to finish before nap time.

My GF took the completed paperwork in while I waited in the car. (In the disabled bay near the stairs. Shared by a bikey's Harley)

With many of the 30 day exemption stamp 7 day extensions, and the 60 day tourist visa 30 day extension applicants drying up, ques should soon become shorter.