Do I need a letter from the teacher's council ?

Hi

Good day to all. Please help me to understand what I need to apply for a Non-B Visa in Laos to be a teacher. I was told a letter and contract from the school, letter from the regional school office. Copy of the passport main page. Some people say a letter from the teacher's council and others say no.

Some folks say the letter from the teacher's council is for the work permit and to extend the visa to one year.

My passport expires in July 2015. Will they be ok about this? School year ends in March. appreciate your excellent advice. thank you

Is this about applying for the visa in Laos to enter Thailand? If so, why aren't the people you will be working for doing this for you? Why did they send you to Laos without any paperwork, etc? Or are you doing this yourself because you were refused at the border? Were you refused at the border?

This all sounds like you are working at something on your own, and that describes desperation or stupidity. Desperation if because you can't get back in to Thailand without legit paperwork (good luck there), and stupidity if because you found yourself in Laos in the first place without any return paperwork and went there at the suggestion of the people who say you can work for them but they are giving you the runaround.

You are on your own, and I can fairly predict you are stuck in Laos if you pursue this route further.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

The teachers council doesn't come into play until you go for a work prmit and extension of stay (if for a regular school). Than a teaching licence or waiver is required.

I am not aware they now also asked for it when applying for the visa itself.

Is this about applying for the visa in Laos to enter Thailand? If so, why aren't the people you will be working for doing this for you? Why did they send you to Laos without any paperwork, etc? Or are you doing this yourself because you were refused at the border? Were you refused at the border?

This all sounds like you are working at something on your own, and that describes desperation or stupidity. Desperation if because you can't get back in to Thailand without legit paperwork (good luck there), and stupidity if because you found yourself in Laos in the first place without any return paperwork and went there at the suggestion of the people who say you can work for them but they are giving you the runaround.

You are on your own, and I can fairly predict you are stuck in Laos if you pursue this route further.

What are you banging on about? The OP doesn't imply that the school has not provided any paperwork or that he/she is "working at something on his/her own" (sic). OP is just asking about the TCT letter/permit.......... so your "describes desperation or stupidity." comment is both rude and irrelevant; congratulations on that one..... coffee1.gif

Just a follow up. Firstly thank you to those who answered my questions and it's very clear what I need to bring. Secondly what did I do to derserve a blasting from Cup-of-coffee? I only ask about the TCT issue. I never said anything about being in Laos or not having the correct documents.

I just want to say this is a great place to seek help and good advice. I'm a good person and respect the laws here as so I want to do the right thing and be prepared. I REALIZED THAT NO ONE IS PERFECT and that applys to me as well. So, I will forgive him and just move on. I guess everyone has a bad day sometimes,

Again thank you all for your help and Cup-of Coffee maybe you need to drink less. Take Care