Yingluck seeks NCPO's permission to visit Europe

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all of you who wish her request be denied I also hope the next time you try to enter Thailand your request is also denied and see how you feel about it.

Ahh, the go home crew have woke up.

So those of us that think her request should be denied should also be denied re entry to Thailand? Why is that? Like YL we raped and pillaged this beautiful country on the orders of our older, greedy brothers did we?

Yet another sad post there bob.

I think Bob could be a bit naïve.

• Like 2

To all of you who wish her request be denied I also hope the next time you try to enter Thailand your request is also denied and see how you feel about it.

That's so thoughtful of you Mango to feel that way about her. First, I just thought you were trying to be sarcastic, but then I remembered all your old post and see that you are serious. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

If she is allowed to leave the country, I can pretty much guarantee that she will NOT return.

The noose is tightening and she is doing everything she can to escape the inevitable.

Giving her a green light without requiring a very very substantial and hefty bond be posted will only further guarantee her non return.

Nice to hear she is not being totally abused. She is a woman And I still do not bielieve she did anything wrong. But I do know she did allot of things rite......Good job NCPO...

But I do know she did allot of things rite.

Like what?

• Like 2

Thai junta allows deposed PM to leave country

BANGKOK, July 17, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's junta has given permission to ousted former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to leave the country for the first time since a May 22 coup, a military spokesman said Thursday.

Yingluck is expected to travel to Paris next week to attend the 65th birthday party of her elder brother, the fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

Her request was approved because she has stayed out of politics since the military seized power, according to the junta, formally known as the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO).

"The NCPO yesterday approved prime minister Yingluck's request to leave the country because since the coup she has never shown that she was against the NCPO's work," army spokesman Colonel Winthai Suvaree said.

"She has kept a low profile ever since," he added.

Yingluck, Thailand's first female premier, was removed from office in a controversial court ruling shortly before the army toppled the remnants of her elected government.

She was among hundreds of people summoned and temporarily detained by the junta afterwards.

Her brother Thaksin was ousted in an earlier coup in 2006 and later fled Thailand to avoid prison for a corruption conviction that he insists was politically motivated.

The billionaire tycoon turned populist politician, who clashed with the royalist establishment before his overthrow, lives in Dubai but remains a hugely divisive figure in his homeland.

An attempt by his political allies to push through a political amnesty that could have led to his return sparked months of opposition street protests leading up to the May coup.

A military source said Yingluck must inform the Thai authorities of her whereabouts through overseas embassies while travelling.

Army chief General Prayut Chan-O-Cha seized power after nearly seven months of political street rallies and related violence that left 28 people dead and paralysed Yingluck's government.

The junta has ruled out holding new elections before around October 2015, despite appeals from the United States and the European Union for a return to democracy.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-07-17

I'll come back, honest I will cause I want to face the enquiry regarding my role in the rice scam scheme.

NCPO - No way - never let her out of your sight, she is about as honest as her fugitive camel herding brother and we are well aware of the limitations of his honesty.

I don't think she'll come back. Maybe Gen. Prayuth senses this and sees her leaving Thailand as the best thing for the country. I hope this is the case. The last thing Thailand needs now is to have her case wrapped up in the courts. Thailand needs to forget the Shinawatra family and move on, uniting the country and becoming one again.

That's what I was wondering. A trial and imprisonment would be unpopular in some circles. Letting her go and not come back except to face prison would get rid of her influence without rocking the boat.

• Like 2

I'll come back, honest I will cause I want to face the enquiry regarding my role in the rice scam scheme.

NCPO - No way - never let her out of your sight, she is about as honest as her fugitive camel herding brother and we are well aware of the limitations of his honesty.

I don't think she'll come back. Maybe Gen. Prayuth senses this and sees her leaving Thailand as the best thing for the country. I hope this is the case. The last thing Thailand needs now is to have her case wrapped up in the courts. Thailand needs to forget the Shinawatra family and move on, uniting the country and becoming one again.

That's what I was wondering. A trial and imprisonment would be unpopular in some circles. Letting her go and not come back except to face prison would get rid of her influence without rocking the boat.

She needs to be tried and convicted in the courts before she faces prison.

Is she guilty of corruption? Is she guilty of negligence and if so, is it a criminal offense? Maybe she is not guilty. Maybe there will be a plea bargain. Thailand needs closure on this before it can move on.

I do agree. If she leaves she won't come back until she thinks she is safe.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A strategy to try to escape from thailand and join some terrorist movement protect by western country !

your beloved terrorists are in south of thailand and the so powerful thai army is doing nothing

i wish she does not came back and join a government in exile fighting to bring the democracy back in thailand

Edited by kaobang

Perhaps.............but we are generally not the ones facing multiple charges.

If you were you would be denied entry under Thai visa conditions.

Peace and Order Council allows Yingluck European tour
By Digital Content

14055711815335.jpg

BANGKOK, July 17 -- Army chief and leader of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha has given permission to former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to travel to Europe, starting Sunday, amid speculations that she plans to meet her elder brother former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in France.

NCPO spokesman Col Winthai Suvaree said Gen Prayuth approved Ms Yingluck's request to take vacation in Europe with her son Supasek Amornchat July 20 to Aug 10.

The spokesman said the NCPO leader viewed that Ms Yingluck had appropriately sought permission and she had followed its orders well including orders that she refrain from any political activity and leaving the country.

Col Winthai said that the Peace and Order Council did not limit individuals' rights. If other people filed similar requests as Ms Yingluck's, the NCPO would consider many factors including their criminal records and prosecution against them before making a decision, he said.

On this trip, Ms Yingluck is expected to meet Mr Thaksin who reportedly plans his birthday celebration in France on July 26. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-17

Again I post the same as the other Time please topic. ooooooohhhhhhh please. she wants time for vacation---and time for the rice saga also.

Is there a mini Olympics somewhere ????

Damn right you are! The Commonwealth games! When the NCPO let's her, or any of the PTP/UDD 'oils' leave the country, they'd not be half as clever as what I thought they were...