Tour bus leaves tourists stranded

jaideecm

This morning at my fitness park 8 kilometers from the Chiang Mai city center, in a field next to the park about a hundred tourists were left stranded from 4 different buses that arrived within a 30 minute period between 6 and 6:30AM on the Lampang - Chiang Mai highway. Talking with some of them they all bought their bus tickets from agencies and guest houses on Khaosan road in Bangkok. To get onto town they had a 5 kilometer walk to where they could catch a songteaw into the city. I tried to help by phoning a few of my friends who have songteaws but they were busy transporting children to school and would not be free until after 9AM. There were 3 families with small children in tears and 2 Thai people who exercise at the park had pick up trucks took the families into town.

WARNING: Get all you bus tickets to Chiang Mai from the Mor Chit bus station or companies who say you need to go to Mor Chit bus station to get your bus. The illegal bus companies who operate from Khaosan road do not have permits to go into the city. You have been warned.

post-151609-0-58548600-1405574521_thumb.

Edited by jaideecm
  • Like 1

Yes, I assume this wasn't a runaway job but rather a drop you off in a useless spot type deal? I.e. unloaded everyone's bags and said that's your lot

Maybe can't go into town, etc as said

It's been a loooooong time since I got a bus from KSR area and really don't see the point, there always seems to be issues