Drunkard husband punishes wife with boiled water: Thailand

webfact

Drunkard Husband Punishes Wife With Boiled Water
By Khaosod English

AMNAT CHAROEN — A woman in Northeastern Thailand is suffering from severe burns after her husband scorched her with boiling water when she refused to buy him more alcohol.

The woman is now being treated for burns on her face, head, shoulder, and arm at Sappasitthiprasong Hospital in Ubon Ratchathani province. She remains under ICU care, medical workers said, describing her condition as critical.

Witnesses told police that 49-year-old Poon, was watching television when her husband, Kraisorn Duangsopha, 32, asked her to go out and buy alcohol for him.

After Ms. Poon reportedly refused, a loud argument broke out between her and Mr. Kraisorn, who was already intoxicated.

Mr. Kraisorn later stormed out of the house, gathered firewood, boiled a kettle of water, and threw the water at Ms. Poon out of anger, according to the confession obtained from Mr. Kraisorn.

Ms. Poon's neighbours rushed to her home after they heard loud screams and brought Ms. Poon to hospital. Another group of neighbours, enraged by Mr. Kraisorn's action, mobbed and beat the suspect unconscious before they handed him over to the police.

Due to his injuries, the police retained Mr. Kraisorn at a local hospital.

The suspect confessed on his hospital bed that he committed the crime against Ms. Poon out of anger.

The police investigation is ongoing.

Domestic violence against women is widespread in Thailand. Official figures released by the Ministry of Public Health indicate that at least 25,000 women were subject to domestic violence in 2013, but experts believe that the actual number is significantly higher.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1405577759

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-07-17

• Like 1

I hope this pathetic excuse of a man spends many years in jail getting the crap beaten out of him for this cowardly action.

I hope the soon to be ex wife recovers and can lead a normal life. So sad that domestic violence is still common all round the world sad.png

• Like 2

I hope the men that assaulted Kraisorn are also charged with assault as well. Sadly that won't happen. Mob mentality is all to easily accepted in Thailand.

Poor lady. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

Horrible story. Made even worse when you realise that he took the time to collect firewood, get the fire going and then boil the water. That is truly evil.

It was...

I can not condone the actions of the mob, but there again I do not feel sorry for Mr Kraisorn either.

• Like 2

I hope this pathetic excuse of a man spends many years in jail getting the crap beaten out of him for this cowardly action.

I hope the soon to be ex wife recovers and can lead a normal life. So sad that domestic violence is still common all round the world sad.png

The police stay out of domestic problems like the plague. As for the assault; he might have to pay 500 baht.

That's my guess anyway

One has to remember that Thailand is a male dominated society, in which the woman is considered second, and if the male makes a request she should obey (as are many South East Asian countries).

Until such a ridiculous attitude catches up with 1st world standards, then such actions will be in the news daily, and not weekly, which they are, unfortunately

I in no way condone this man's actions, but one has to remember what suppositioned comparative century people live in Esan areas, and what they have been in-bred with as seen fitting treatment of women. sad.png

Of course, the wife in no way deserved this severe punishment, but many Thai men believe they have such a right to dish out such obscene actions, because of the division between areas of this country, and again - LACK OF EDUCATION in what are right and wrong ways to treat fellow human beings.

He wanted what he wanted... he is the male dominant one... thus, in Thailand, the woman MUST do what he says, or get punished.

This really is an example of certain people not actually reaching out to the provinces, but appearing to do so, and being deeply loved for the apparent pictures of help and development!! A camera can create all sorts of ideas within the real needy.

Edit: Unfortunately, most of what I write above I believe to be fairly accurate. Any disagreements.... let's discuss, in a coherent manner.

Edited by UbonRatch
  • Like 1

"Until such a ridiculous attitude catches up with 1st world standards, then such actions will be in the news daily, and not weekly, which they are, unfortunately"

1st World?

Here is a recent quote from a "Reverend" in Kentucky/USA who appears to enjoy infecting sites on Utube:

"As a man, it is your job as the Christian head of the house to hold dominion over your wife/girlfriend/mother/sister etc.

A good firm hand can keep a good Christian house together."

Actually, this is one of his more benign edits he preaches to his flock. I'd like to print his name but, perhaps too off-topic...

Edited by iReason

I have never seen a female police officer here,not that I've been looking that hard,but saw a story months back stating they(the police) were looking to recruit and train more women to help tackle the domestic violence problem here,feeling that victims would find it easier to talk to a woman officer about an attack.

I think the 25,000 figure would rise significantly when/if this happens...ie ,more reporting of crimes.

The fact the husband did collect the firewood and boiled the kettle before attacking his wife with boiling water speaks volumes.

He did not slap her about there and then at her refusal but sat there waiting for the water to boil. Alcohol or not, I feel that guy has some serious issues. More like something from a horror movie.

• Like 1

Ms. Poon's neighbours rushed to her home after they heard loud screams and brought Ms. Poon to hospital. Another group of neighbours, enraged by Mr. Kraisorn's action, mobbed and beat the suspect unconscious before they handed him over to the police.

Haha, som nom na!

Sure this is a horrific story and can you imagine living near this bunch might be hell but it's got to be said that if your lame enough to scold your wife with boiling water cos she won't nip to the shop to score your booze then IMO you deserve a slap!

I hope the men that assaulted Kraisorn are also charged with assault as well. Sadly that won't happen. Mob mentality is all to easily accepted in Thailand.

Why do you want his punshers charged? He deserved that and more. Too often women are abused and nothing is done about it.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's what's needed. Another politically correct do gooder. Should be more of this kind of justice.

Domestic violence against women is widespread in Thailand.

Violence is glorified on Thai soaps...is a way of life for many Thais...

It is Thai-ness for communicating frustration, anger, and thievery...

Edited by ggt
  • Like 1

Another group of neighbours, enraged by Mr. Kraisorn's action, mobbed and beat the suspect unconscious before they handed him over to the police.

Well, jamie, let's just hope all those that gave this busterd a pasting were women.

bet if she was one of yours you wouldnt be saying that, for the first time i think the mob beating was well deserved and then some, should have thrown bolied water over him as well, pathetic creature