Lucky to have got out in time or not?

a99az

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Choosing the needs of children's education over parents desire to be in Thailand is almost always the right decision.

Even the very best international schools in Thailand barely hold up against the better state schools in the UK, not simply on the grounds of educational standards, but also on a range of social and personal development issues too.

That's OK for now, but the way the UK is going, and by the time the children are adults, the country will be well on the way to being under the control of people of a certain faith.

If Thailand can just sort a few things out with the help of the general, the country can get better. At least the Thais look after their own first, something the UK have never done.

It's just a pity that the education is so poor here. I think that is about the only thing the UK have ahead of Thailand. also, the corruption is even worse from the UK government than it was in Thailand.

For phugz sake why does any discussion of the UK always seem to come back to immigrants or religion-based paranoia with you?

You can sit here and fight the Thais' corner all you bloody well like but until such time as you jump through the hoops that Thai immigration lay out for you for PR or citizenship, you will never - I repeat, NEVER - have the right of abode here and, as such, you're just as vulnerable as everyone else to the whims of the immigration officer or clerk on duty on the day you wanna re-enter the kingdom or renew whatever visa/extension you're here on.

Yes, the UK has its problems but guess what, if and when Thai immigration decides to piss on your cornflakes, Mother England will be there with open arms to clutch you to her bosom

Stop being such an ingrate

I stand by everything I say, for all Thailands faults, the UK could learn a lot from them. We won't have to worry about being run over with emigrants here.

• Like 1

I hope you declared all your overseas assets to the UK Government in exchange for your free education and other benefits.

Overseas assets or indeed any assets are not a consideration in access to state education.

Someone is teaching in Thailand then moves to the UK with two kids. Can't afford to send them to an International school here but can just up roots and live in the UK without benefits? I don't think so.

What have the OP's life style and life choices got to do with the entitlement of his children to free state education in the UK.

Once he has moved his family to the UK his children will be enrolled in state schools regardless of any factor other than their age and immigration status - The OP and his wife may own as many assets in Thailand, the UK or anywhere - their assets are absolutely nothing to do with their children receiving free state education.

Wriggle as you will.

• Like 1

Choosing the needs of children's education over parents desire to be in Thailand is almost always the right decision.

Even the very best international schools in Thailand barely hold up against the better state schools in the UK, not simply on the grounds of educational standards, but also on a range of social and personal development issues too.

That's OK for now, but the way the UK is going, and by the time the children are adults, the country will be well on the way to being under the control of people of a certain faith.

If Thailand can just sort a few things out with the help of the general, the country can get better. At least the Thais look after their own first, something the UK have never done.

It's just a pity that the education is so poor here. I think that is about the only thing the UK have ahead of Thailand. also, the corruption is even worse from the UK government than it was in Thailand.

For phugz sake why does any discussion of the UK always seem to come back to immigrants or religion-based paranoia with you?

You can sit here and fight the Thais' corner all you bloody well like but until such time as you jump through the hoops that Thai immigration lay out for you for PR or citizenship, you will never - I repeat, NEVER - have the right of abode here and, as such, you're just as vulnerable as everyone else to the whims of the immigration officer or clerk on duty on the day you wanna re-enter the kingdom or renew whatever visa/extension you're here on.

Yes, the UK has its problems but guess what, if and when Thai immigration decides to piss on your cornflakes, Mother England will be there with open arms to clutch you to her bosom

YUP, and his previous post said " corruption is even worse in the Uk government than Thailand. The Thai apologists just dont know when to stop.

• Like 1

I stand by everything I say, for all Thailands faults, the UK could learn a lot from them. We won't have to worry about being run over with emigrants here.

What do you mean "WE won't have to worry about being run over with emigrants here"??

Are you Thai in your little self-constructed Matrix, then?

laugh.png

• Like 1

According to the laws of logic, that would include you as an immigrant (apologies if you are a Thai citizen).

Whether you are citizen, resident or visa holder it never pays to miss the reality check. If you are smart you can turn the situation to your advantage. However there will be times when even the smartest need a back up plan and I would say the near future will be one of those times.

There is nothing wrong with emigrants in any country as long as they are contributing to it as I and other expats are doing, how many of the emigrants in the UK are contributing to it? most of them are only there for the benefits they are picking up, and for a country with a similar population to Thailand, and much smaller, there is no room for them.

I am really surprised to have to explain this to you, you are obviously not from the UK, and if you are, your way of thinking is very much in the minority.

IMMIGRANTS!

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Anyway if anyone doesn't like the Thai Immigration laws you are more than welcome to find spiritual and financial nirvana in the UK or any country of your choosing. Along with all the incidental responsibilities that such country forces upon you.

Thailand has been very good to me and I don't see any reason for that to change.

An immigrant to Thailand moaning about immigrants overrunning his own country - Your 'avin a larf are't you!

There is nothing wrong with emigrants in any country as long as they are contributing to it as I and other expats are doing, how many of the emigrants in the UK are contributing to it? most of them are only there for the benefits they are picking up, and for a country with a similar population to Thailand, and much smaller, there is no room for them.

I am really surprised to have to explain this to you, you are obviously not from the UK, and if you are, your way of thinking is very much in the minority.

Listen to yourself.

What do you mean MOST of them are only there for the benefits??

How do you know?

Oh sorry, what's that?

Ah, UKIP told you so, right??

Well that's proof then, innit? laugh.png

The locals cane 100 times as much in the way of benefits than any immigrant group in the UK.

White, born-and-bred, English-speaking scroungers are at the centre of numerous well documented cases where people who've never worked a day in their lives have managed to bear families of 15+ children . . .all paid for by the state and here you sit saying it's all down to the immigrants.

Whenever I head back to London, I see armies of immigrants going to work at daft o'clock doing the jobs the afore-mentioned indigenous scum consider to be beneath them.

Many work 2 or 3 different low-paid jobs to make ends meet but they still can't catch a break from the bigots over at UKIP.

Yes, and the last time I was in the UK about three years ago, I was walking down a busy main road at 11pm minding my own business when three Eastern Europeans chased after me shouting in a foreign language, good job I was able to run, or who knows what may have happened to me. The place is full of those people all day, they are obviously not working.

The UK needs UKIP, you call them all you like, they can not be as bad as the thieving scum of UK governments who have been there all my adult life robbing the working class at every turn to make their rich friends richer.

You have your opinion and I have mine, so we will agree to differ.

My baby is almost 3 and deciding on where to get the best schooling is a tough one. In the US public schools vary from district to district. A private school is still the best. Or, relocate within Thailand to the area of good international schools.

I would suggest to send the child to a good private Thai school until 10 years old and then to an International school.

Worked well for me and then the child is truly dual cultural.

I grew up in Fairfax County, Virginia. The public schools there are better than the private schools. The top high school in America is in that school district. Median home price is 460,000, which ain't cheap; but it's a lot less than private school tuition. UVA and William and Mary are both public universities, and also cheaper, and better than their private counterparts. In many parts of the US; the good K-12 schools are needles in haystacks. A home in a good school district in California will likely cost 7 figures......States like Florida and Michigan simply don't have any, along with quite a few others. www.fcps.edu

Edited by Thighlander

Anyway if anyone doesn't like the Thai Immigration laws you are more than welcome to find spiritual and financial nirvana in the UK or any country of your choosing. Along with all the incidental responsibilities that such country forces upon you.

Thailand has been very good to me and I don't see any reason for that to change.

Thailand has been very good to me too.

But I have no expectation that that could not change.

The OP has children, the needs of his family have changed and he has made what he believes to be the best decision of his family.

Where anyone finds the need to rant against immigration to the UK, or any of the other diatribe in this thread on the basis of parents making what they clearly believe to be the right decisions for their children is beyond me.

Ditto.

I will always be an alien here, and I could be asked to leave at anytime. I understand and accept that.

But to decry people for making a decision that puts their children's needs before their own. is seriously wrong IMO.

• Like 1

My baby is almost 3 and deciding on where to get the best schooling is a tough one. In the US public schools vary from district to district. A private school is still the best. Or, relocate within Thailand to the area of good international schools.

I would suggest to send the child to a good private Thai school until 10 years old and then to an International school.

Worked well for me and then the child is truly dual cultural.

Staying in thailand is the preferred path I think, the tuition for international is doable but at the same time hard to swallow. St. Joseph's will be the school she starts in.

• Like 1

I grew up in Fairfax County, Virginia. The public schools there are better than the private schools. The top high school in America is in that school district. Median home price is 460,000, which ain't cheap; but it's a lot less than private school tuition. UVA and William and Mary are both public universities, and also cheaper, and better than their private counterparts. In many parts of the US; the good K-12 schools are needles in haystacks. A home in a good school district in California will likely cost 7 figures......States like Florida and Michigan simply don't have any, along with quite a few others. www.fcps.edu

I'm sure the facts are correct but would not live in Virginia. I'm raised in Calif. but have been to Norfolk a few times for work, couldn't live there.

I think too much.............

Education and employment, certainly two aspects back in the UK that is undeniably superior to what Thailand offers. Thing is life is two-dimensional and grey compared to being somewhere like Thailand. Always wise not to burn all bridges back to UK though. You may need to return to employment or better paid employment at least, or like the OP return with children for educational purposes. I just wonder when (or if) I have a family will I be as selfless to move back to somewhere I would in all honesty be less happy for the sake of my children having a better education and options into early adult life.

I've been desperate to get the kids out of there, but their mother couldn't stand Blighty and the UK visa required the mother to go too.

vunerable

maybe speeling would as wood might make you feel vunerable hahahahah

sorry i jest and digress

My future is brilliant as an expat ,dont need to work, dont need a beer bar, and staying her for 11 years legaly, what more could a man want

It would be funny if the OP had not stated that he was a teacher...

I hope you declared all your overseas assets to the UK Government in exchange for your free education and other benefits.

There is always one!!! What an idiotic thing to post.

"I hope". Who the hell do you think you are?

• Like 1

I'm sure the facts are correct but would not live in Virginia. I'm raised in Calif. but have been to Norfolk a few times for work, couldn't live there.

I think too much.............

Don't most of the people who run the US work in Washington DC and live in Virginia? I guess that's what you mean eh?

• Like 2

There is always one!!! What an idiotic thing to post.

"I hope". Who the hell do you think you are?

It's a requirement of the UK Government for tax/benefits/pension purposes. Including child support allowance.

Off topic,

I have no problem with such families, the government would only fritter the money away in foreign aid to somalia (or some such boondoggle).

Good luck to those who can manage to live off their government, is what I say.