question about condo managment fees

tomtom345

Actually it's like that, that the landlord has to pay the common fees only.

Of course, they may forward costs to the tenant by the rental contract. So it depends on the contract.

Rental fee + sharing common fee? + whatever is agreed in the contract.

However, you need to pay common fees to the landlord only, in case it's in your contract. The Thailand Condominium Act states clearly, that the co-owner of a condominium is responsible for that. It's common, that additional side costs as electricity, water, parking, TV, internet, etc. will be the duty of the tenant.

Hi. I always saw that the owner pays these condo common fees. The tenant pays his rent to the owner, and part of it may be used by the owner to pay this fee, but the tenant is not concerned. Don't forget in many condos this fee is not on monthly payment but by quarter, semester or even by year.

In my condo I think all apartments work this way: tenant pays the rent monthly to owner, and pays his electric bill monthly at 7/11. They have no contact with condo management about money. KISS smile.png

I've only come across a couple of units where the owner wanted the tenant to pay the common fees, and these were in old (but high quality) buildings in Na Jomtien and for long term leases of a year or more. The rental price was calculated with this in mind so the bottom line was the same, but it seemed an unnecessary complication.

Personally I see no reason at all why the tenant should be involved with the common fees in any way.