Visa assistance services - Nimmenhaemin area

roger1999

I have a friend from the US turning 50 tomorrow and he wants to apply for what is commonly referred to as a retirement visa. He wants to go the whole nine years and pay someone to do all the work for him (as much as possible) so he doesn't have to go to Immigration in person (I think that is possible but I am not sure.)

He is aware he will need to go to the US Consulate for the income statement.

Can anyone recommend a visa assistance service in the Nimmen area? I think there is someone on Nimmen Soi 13 or 15 but I have not read any reports about them.

Edited by roger1999

I have a friend who used the services of a lawyer on Huai Kaeo to obtain a Non immigration visa for his Father.

If you have no luck I will ask for details.

5-6 k seems about price and certainly less stress full for older folks.

john

There really is no need.

The retirement extension is really so simple.

Will cost him 1,900 Baht for Immigration.

I think the reason why someone would consider paying for this visa agency service is not the simplicity or otherwise of the process but the queuing, bustle and a minimum of a day wasted at the immigration office. For some this is not an issue or not worth the agent's fee and for others it is.

There is no way of completely avoiding the applicant's presence at the immigration office however with an agent this is reduced to 10 minutes instead of a whole day.

• Like 1

I don't think it is all that simple to get the retirement visa.

The extensions are easy enough.

I got my retirement visa in Vancouver before moving over here.

They actually issue Thai 'retirement visas' in Canada?

There really is no need.

Ah, but why do such a simple task yourself when somebody else can do it for you for THB8000.

Also, in the USA the O-A, which is called 'retirement visa' at CM immigration, is issued at Thai embassies.

Let's keep in mind the OP is looking for the initial visa - not a simple extension.

OS Thai Visa is located on Nimman Soi 9. They come highly recommended by the people who use their services. That's probably who the OP's friend was thinking of. http://osthaivisa.com/

nancy is right on cue,(and in the real worldbiggrin.png ) they are my super visa agent, preminium personal service in all visa matters etc etc

some gal is my super visa agent

go for it roger,

a very nice morning to all, incl n/jbiggrin.png

There really is no need.

Ah, but why do such a simple task yourself when somebody else can do it for you for THB8000.

From where do you get that THB 8000? The service costs much less.

There really is no need.

From where do you get that THB 8000? The service costs much less.

Is it really cheaper than that? How much is it?

At the Vancouver conciliate they do. I have a friend who has some sort of visa that gives him 15 months he gets his extensions in Calgary he tells me. Admittedly I do take some of the things he says with a grain of salt.

Had a friend who has passed on and he got his extensions by mail from Portland Oregon every year when he was visiting. Screwed up and when he came back he had to leave the country and reenter to get his retirement visa again. Not sure of all the details just that his wife was running around trying to get money for a flight to Laos He had to be out of the country the next day. Then come back in.

As I say I do not know the details I just know the results.

why?

Because to get mine I had to have a police check as well as a medical check. Being as I said in a previous post I got mine in Vancouver B C Canada I also had to get a notary signed form that I was who I said I was.

The extensions are easy even if you are not wealthy enough to throw over 5,000 baht away on them. The big difference is if you can't do paper work very well such as myself I do it but ask for help. Also for over 5,000 baht you only have to go into immigration for 5 minuets. Where as if you don't do that way you can make an appointment on line and go in for supposedly a half hour or less. I have heard of people having to wait that long for their appointment. Or if you are like the majority of the people (only 10 appointments a day with a planned schedule of 50 applicants a day) you can go in and sit hours or in many cases be told to come back after lunch Depending when you go in If you are not there early chances are they will tell you to come back tomorrow.

My last time I went in at 9:00 being as I was going by it and had just got all my papers. I fully expected to be told to come back tomorrow. Instead was told come back at 3:00 in the afternoon. There is no certainty in it.

Also having read many threads and heard from many people there are those who feel they are among a lower class when they are in there.

I have a friend who used the services of a lawyer on Huai Kaeo to obtain a Non immigration visa for his Father.

If you have no luck I will ask for details.

5-6 k seems about price and certainly less stress full for older folks.

john

turning 50 and we're already "older folks"?sad.png

Edited by Oscar2

There really is no need.

I think the reason why someone would consider paying for this visa agency service is not the simplicity or otherwise of the process but the queuing, bustle and a minimum of a day wasted at the immigration office. For some this is not an issue or not worth the agent's fee and for others it is.

There is no way of completely avoiding the applicant's presence at the immigration office however with an agent this is reduced to 10 minutes instead of a whole day.

A "whole day"? I recently (about 3 weeks ago) went for my annual extension and I was out of there in about 90 minutes.

• Like 2

At the Vancouver conciliate they do. I have a friend who has some sort of visa that gives him 15 months he gets his extensions in Calgary he tells me. Admittedly I do take some of the things he says with a grain of salt.

Had a friend who has passed on and he got his extensions by mail from Portland Oregon every year when he was visiting. Screwed up and when he came back he had to leave the country and reenter to get his retirement visa again. Not sure of all the details just that his wife was running around trying to get money for a flight to Laos He had to be out of the country the next day. Then come back in.

think u will find that no retirement visas are issued in vancouver at all,please check their website for details,which will enable you to get the true results and facts, both of your posts appears to be in muddy watersthumbsup.gif

Edited by evenstevens

think u will find that no retirement visas are issued in vancouver at all,please check their website for details,which will enable you to get the true results and facts, both of your posts appears to be in muddy watersthumbsup.gif

Could be I was perfectly clear. I got mine in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. Nothing murky about that. I have no idea of what their web site says now but if you think what I said was murky I can only imagine what you think of their web site.

I use a very efficient group just off Nimman Road for all my paperwork now.

I used to do everything myself, and managed my original retirement paperwork with the help of IMM staff.

Now, I'm lazy enough to pay a few thousand to have extensions and 90-day reports handled by someone else.

Last retirement extension required 13 minutes of my time at the Immigration office. (You do have to show your face once each year.)

I like that sort of thing. I think I pay about 5000 all-in for a straight extension, no multi-entry. The 90-day reports are handled at no extra charge, and I don't have to appear in person.

Happy to pass along info by private message.

When 70 is your next Big date, trust me it is far less stress full paying some young pup to do the donkey work and I have come to hate what other folk have christened The Zoo.

Not the fault of the Thai immigration Police, but yet it does bear a passing resemblance to that place that occupied a late night time spot on the Sukhumvit of my youth, having one of every species in town/planet/universe.

The Lawyer is Ms Sumalee Jennapaa 081 8824311.

My friend another Old Hand, very old has, used her services for 'Years' and speaks highly of her.

I am a fan of Assist Thai Visa and have no complains about their excellent service, B6,500 well spent, perhaps these days a only a night out, for some young gun.

john

There really is no need.

A "whole day"? I recently (about 3 weeks ago) went for my annual extension and I was out of there in about 90 minutes.

From the time you arrived - probably well before the opening - to the tie you left with your passport was 90 minutes? Even if this was your lucky day I'm still astonished. Moreover having to go there that early is itself a penalty,

When 70 is your next Big date, trust me it is far less stress full paying some young pup to do the donkey work and I have come to hate what other folk have christened The Zoo.

Not the fault of the Thai immigration Police, but yet it does bear a passing resemblance to that place that occupied a late night time spot on the Sukhumvit of my youth, having one of every species in town/planet/universe.

The Lawyer is Ms Sumalee Jennapaa 081 8824311.

My friend another Old Hand, very old has, used her services for 'Years' and speaks highly of her.

I am a fan of Assist Thai Visa and have no complains about their excellent service, B6,500 well spent, perhaps these days a only a night out, for some young gun.

john

Like you I also now use an agent and am happy to pay the fee for the service.

You say that it's "Not the fault of the Thai immigration Police". I would suggest however that they 'encourage' the use of agents because the major part of the fee is their 'tea money' - and they do it by creating a certain amount of inconvenience for those not channelling this tea money their way.