Dolphinarium in Chalong

Valentine

I was utterly disgusted when I heard about this depraved money grubbing project https://www.change.org/petitions/phuket-tourism-board-stop-the-nemo-dolphinarium-in-phuket-thailand

If there is ever a time to name & shame all involved in this, including officials who granted permission, then this should be it. It is right next to Phuket "Zoo" although in no way am I implying they are part of it.

• Like 1

We aren't sure exactly who is behind it yet, but all the info I am getting points to Russian. Only unconfirmed rumors now I won't post yet until we know for sure. It was kept very quite for a long time. Sea Shepard did a great job tracking down the owners and import papers for the Dolphins, some of which are coming from Japan's horrific dolphin cull. PW has an initial article out now. You'll see more from PG and PN shortly. You can see the structure on the road to the zoo.

10563108_809096825790498_256339690622949

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

I thought we had moved on from this kind of thing, until visited the Phuket Zoo and realised some are still thrilled by farcical crocodile, monkey and elephant shows. About 40 years behind the rest of the world.

• Like 1

We aren't sure exactly who is behind it yet, but all the info I am getting points to Russian. Only unconfirmed rumors now I won't post yet until we know for sure. It was kept very quite for a long time. Sea Shepard did a great job tracking down the owners and import papers for the Dolphins, some of which are coming from Japan's horrific dolphin cull. PW has an initial article out now. You'll see more from PG and PN shortly. You can see the structure on the road to the zoo.

10563108_809096825790498_256339690622949

I reckon the construction is more advanced than the photo shown on PW & certainly is near completion. There is a statue out front of what appears to be a dolphin although it is covered over for now. If it is true they are using dolphins from "The Cove", which is a horrific documentary, then it is even more despicable.

I just read with disgust on another news site that the Phuket Zoo is building a dolphin enclosure to house performing dolphins!

Might be a little late to stop the build but hopefully we can stop the Dolphins from reaching this place.

Please support the protest link below this needs to be stopped.

It's near the Phuket Zoo, but there is no evidence the Phuket Zoo is behind it.