Why are there a different rules for Westerners and Asian Workers?

Isn't there a double standard where you are from - can a rich man from Switzerland enter England more easily than a poor man from Nigeria? The world is full of double standards… anyone who has had a girlfriend knows this…

I follow your logic but can you. or anyone, explain how hundreds of Indians are able to work as salespeople in places like Indra, Platinum and Khao san?

They are Thai citizens for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hundreds of examples of price differences depending on whether or not you are a local in the USA...

Yeah? Besides University tuition, I can't think of any examples of pricing based on nationality in the US. National parks charge the same price to everyone, regardless of passport. What am I missing?

~

I didn't say "national", I said "local".

As just one example, many state parks charge fees to out of state users. People in the state already contribute by other means to the state park system.

Thai people have paid not just taxes but with their own blood and sweat for the last 1000 years to have their own country. And you? 5 bucks is too much to ask?

You are missing the ability to read and comprehend simple sentences.

'nuff said

~

Why does a Canadian pay more for a Laos visa than an American?

Because we stopped our funding for bomb removal, which the Americans are responsible for dropping. Does it make sense? No, but it's the way it is.

I think charging non taxpaying foreigners more to enter a park than tax paying locals makes sense.

Thailand has chosen which workers it wants more than others and makes its' rules accordingly.

Simple.

It really isn't that hard for most teachers to get work visas, but some schools simply don't want to help.

Not correct, if you are Japanese, Korean etc, you can't work in the same way as a person from Cambodia.

Indeed, as some official or similar stated awhile back, Koreans are one of the reason for the current crackdown due to their 90-days visa exemptions at borders. (ok, so if they really where targeting this group one could argue that they may simply restrict the amount of days instead of cutting it off for everyone. But as I see it there may be two different reasons for that, 1) As long as Korea will let Thai people in without a visa or a Visa-on-Arrival they will stay on good terms, 2) after all, might be good to get rid of all illegal workers while at it..

Cambodians etc can get a border pass, a little white paper book that they can use instead of a passport. They can then work in the province near the border, which might be Surin or Aranya Prathet, in markets like Rong Kleua.

About 7 years ago I was living in Wattana Nakhon just outside Aranyaprathet. Cambodians came and went over the border, no problems what so ever, when they returned they might have to pay some bribes to the Cambodian officials which happened quite often. Thailand only checked and stamped their border-books and may have searched suspect people for weed, yaba or ice since it was (and probably still is?) epidemic in Cambodia (yaba and ice, that is..)

me and my then khmer-gf could easily go to Wattana Nakhon. Go further and there would be the first military check point, this one was still quite relaxed and would let her through.

We could easily go all the way to Meuang Sa Kaew.

A few times we went to Bangkok, all without visa or passport.. Just pass the right check-points and pay a few 100 bahts and promise to return within a week or before the border-pass was expired and that was about it... Guess they can't be as corrupt anymore, at least for awhile... it's not like Thailand is going to be corruption free, we all know it, no country is.. Things might get better, then slowly going back the way they were, since money talks louder than anything...

Anyway, I got a friend from Korea who used to live here. Except for the 90-days exemption she didn't really have any privileges compared to people from "farangland"....