Anyone book CNX to HKG on HKEXPRESS?

Thighlander

I get swamped with the ads, and I would like to visit HK. I have had terrible luck with the website. Never any flights available. I emailed them and was advised to use Chrome, which is the only one I have. Could I be on their "no fly list"? Anyone have any luck with this airline out of CNX? Those AirAsia girls are looking better all the time.

I m going to Hong Kong in October. Direct flights from CM to HK with Air Asia 5000 baht return including all taxes etc.......you ll struggle to do much better than that with any airline, and like others on here have said, Air Asia website very easily accessible whereas HK Express, despite advertising flights for "10 Dollars" couldnt give me any dates available even though it was four months away when I booked!

In fact, for a decent (four star) hotel in HK you tend to pay more per night than the cost of the flight!

Warning coming back allow plenty of time for HK Airport .I was walking at least 45 min from entrance of Airport to Airasia plane.Also their flight leaves early in the day and getting from downtown to Airport by bus or taxi can take at least an hour in the morning rush hour.

I very nearly missed my return flight ,and booking a new flight would have cost a small fortune.

• Like 1

For full service airline, Dragon Air is a good choice for direct CNX/HKG. Easy to book, no hassles, no extras.

Also for those visiting HK, the HK Airport Link is offering a great deal. For something like HK$250 you get a return ticket airport to city centre plus 3 days unlimited travel on the MTR (city subway system). On returning the ticket on your way out, you get HK$50 back.

You can book the ticket on airport rail link website and pick up when you arrive HK.

T

• Like 1

Warning coming back allow plenty of time for HK Airport .I was walking at least 45 min from entrance of Airport to Airasia plane.Also their flight leaves early in the day and getting from downtown to Airport by bus or taxi can take at least an hour in the morning rush hour.

I very nearly missed my return flight ,and booking a new flight would have cost a small fortune.

Isnt there a fast train between the airport and downtown? I guess thats the best option, thanks for the heads up !

Dragon air worked out cheaper than air Asia for us after all tax and surcharges + a couple of bags. With the four of us on dragon plenty spare baggage allowance for the way back. Free food n drinks too. Much better deal

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Never ever had problems booking online via HK express, but they only fly Tues, Fri and Sundays. Thats probably your problem.

They are consistently cheaper than the others I have found. last trip was $174 return all in. 10kg carry on only.

Dragon Air is by far the most expensive usually. Air Asia can be cheaper at times if you plan well ahead but watch all the sneaky add ons. HKExp are a lot more up front. HKexpress arrival in HK is almost midnight so its the most inconvenient for public transport. Thats the only downer, otherwise its the best choice for short notice trips with not much luggage. they got sales on up to booking on 24th at the moment $HK80+taxes per leg..bargain.

Edited by sandmonster