No Internet For A Few Days

JetsetBkk

Burying the cables in the ground would improve reliability no end.

It would certainly help Phuket look more beautiful.

No it wouldn't! If they can't hang cables in the air, what do you think would happen if they buried them?? Everything would short to earth and they'd be digging them up all the time!

• Like 1

No it wouldn't! If they can't hang cables in the air, what do you think would happen if they buried them?? Everything would short to earth and they'd be digging them up all the time!

Well, I can see where you're coming from Jimi, but most 1st world nations seem to get along just fine with buried cables.

Well, I can see where you're coming from Jimi, but most 1st world nations seem to get along just fine with buried cables.

Really? I asked Pacific Gas and Electric, one of the biggest utilities on the West Coast of California when I might get underground utilities about twenty years ago. The foreman's answer was pick two! I said: slim and none. He said you win the prize! And get a clue, you're not even close to being in a "first world nation" here in Phuket! laugh.png Sorry, my sarcasm prevailed….

Did he call his telephone line supplier?

If he's not sure who the supplier is, if the local number starts with 3, then it's TOT, starts with 2, then TT&T.

One of my phone lines went down two days ago. Called TT&T and was fixed within 24 hours.

Edited by KarenBravo

Did he call his telephone line supplier?

If he's not sure who the supplier is, if the local number starts with 3, then it's TOT, starts with 2, then TT&T.

One of my phone lines went down two days ago. Called TT&T and was fixed within 24 hours.

Who is the supplier if the number starts with 0

If you have a land line, your number starts 076 for Phuket. If the next number is a 2, it's TT&T. If a 3 it's TOT.

All land-lines are either a 2 or 3.

OK thanks for that, its TT&T but our bill comes from TOT for some unknown reason

Yes, all bills go to TOT. TT&T installed and own the line, therefore, they are the ones that need to be contacted to get its fixed.

TT&T only do the hardware. All telephone calls are via TOT.