Aussie Sticking Arround

Hi,

I came here from Oz wih no visa, after 1 month and 2 days I paid late fee and went to Loa and got a 90 day tourist visa in Vientiene. Yes 90 days don't ask me how.

Can you extend a 90 day visa?

I have heard that you can make the Tourist visa last 6 months, how is this so?

Do I need to do another run and get some sort of re entry visa?

I have been here 4 months in total and am still unclear about this. Help would be appreciated. :o

Hi,

I came here from Oz wih no visa, after 1 month and 2 days I paid late fee and went to Loa and got a 90 day tourist visa in Vientiene. Yes 90 days don't ask me how.

Can you extend a 90 day visa?

I have heard that you can make the Tourist visa last 6 months, how is this so?

Do I need to do another run and get some sort of re entry visa?

I have been here 4 months in total and am still unclear about this. Help would be appreciated.  :o

You'd better have another look. A Tourist visa is good for a 60 day stay only, and it can be extended at Immigration in Thailand for a further 30 days. You sound as though you might already be in overstay again. I suspect you looked at the validity date and that is for 3 months from the date of issue. That means that you must enter Thailand within that 3 months. Your 60 day stay starts when you enter the country. You would have had to have a double entry Tourist visa from Laos to achieve a 6 months stay ( with 2 x 30 day extensions )

Thank's your right. I still have till of this month. So glad you told me.

I only have a single entry visa too. The Visa I did recieve is a single entry only. I guess I can extend this one for 30 days. Then What?

Extend this visa for 30 days, then it is back to the wilds of Laos ( or elsewhere to get another TR visa. )

Onya mate, your a gentleman. Any limit on how many times I can repeat this? Is it up to the Imm. officer, how I dress/act and luck?

I am being greedy with the questions while I have your advice.

Dress and behaviour play a role, but once they consider you to be a de facto resident, they'll toughen up. Try for a double entry TR visa next time. The visa's are soo much easier to get in Oz too. Pity about that.