ford ranger 6 speed auto problem

Tranny issue - I thought the problems with these nice looking trucks was the turbo going or the 5th cylinder in the 3.2 seizing?

The reason for the delays with the 3.2's was the tranny.

They also like to eat the converter and pump metal through the tranny as well.

Tranny issue - I thought the problems with these nice looking trucks was the turbo going or the 5th cylinder in the 3.2 seizing?

The reason for the delays with the 3.2's was the tranny.

They also like to eat the converter and pump metal through the tranny as well.

...but still nice to look at - the black wildtrak I mean. ;)

I would have thought, assuming it's like Australia, you could meet with the dealer principal and lean on him a little. He may not be fully aware that the service department is under performing...but then on the other hand if there is no threat to him loosing the dealership he may not care. rolleyes.gif

I would have thought, assuming it's like Australia, you could meet with the dealer principal and lean on him a little. He may not be fully aware that the service department is under performing...but then on the other hand if there is no threat to him loosing the dealership he may not care. rolleyes.gif

When we first ordered the truck I made a appointment with the dealer principal because I was sick of them breaking their promise on delivery dates, told April delivery and ended up getting it in September

When we attended the appointment it was fords southern sales zone manager we talked to and he did speed up delivery of the

vehicle

I think the dealer principal may have been hiding in his office because of broken promises by his sales staff

Things like this are always a pain, just hope they really found the problem this time. Intermittent problems can be difficult to diagnose, and a wrong diagnosis is still a possibility.

I do agree with them though not to take it from a new stock car.

And compromise if not invalidate a warranty on a new, unsold truck? The dealership isn't Ford owned or an extension of the factory. They sign off on new vehicles and sell these vehicles as new. Imagine the ruckus some here would kick up if they knew that their shiny new wheels had parts pilfered between factory and ownership.

Things like this are always a pain, just hope they really found the problem this time. Intermittent problems can be difficult to diagnose, and a wrong diagnosis is still a possibility.

And compromise if not invalidate a warranty on a new, unsold truck? The dealership isn't Ford owned or an extension of the factory. They sign off on new vehicles and sell these vehicles as new. Imagine the ruckus some here would kick up if they knew that their shiny new wheels had parts pilfered between factory and ownership.

So you agree with what I'm saying, but still feel the need to contradict.

" I do agree with them though not to take it from a new stock car." Agree too.

Cannibalizing parts is ill-advised - a very slippery slope; ask any army maintenance depot.

I have run successful businesses that sell items with a warranty/guarantee

All parts have a part number which is the same, not a serial number which varies from item to item

I have taken parts from new items in stock to keep my customers happy as long as the manufacturer

replaced the part even if it took a couple of weeks or longer, depending on how much stock I carried of the item

It does not void a warranty if you put the replacement part with the same part number into a item

you carry in stock

if my supplier could not supply the replacement part I would still put the new part in from a

stock item and change the manufacturer who supplied me, lots of manufacturers supply similar

products be it vehicles or chainsaws or hand tools and are all chasing your business if you have

a good turnover of stock and will look after you to keep your business as far as warranty claims are concerned

I do not think ford have the replacement part in stock for a warranty claim, were told the part

would arrive in Phuket yesterday and anuphas ford would phone and arrange the fitting of the part today

Which has not happened, so if I was in their position I would not take the same part from a new vehicle

in stock if it could not be replaced within a reasonable period and stopped me selling the new vehicle

Edited by nedkellylives

So you agree with what I'm saying, but still feel the need to contradict.

I guess I felt the need to speed read more than a need to (erroneously) contradict, sorry.

(Note to self, either wear the bloody glasses or use the magnifier in the bloody browser!)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...