Argies V Krauts

Simmo

Gee, not much activity in the World Cup forum today with the quarters starting tonight??.

So what are you thoughts on this one. Not my favourite teams but the form teams of the comp to this stage. Hope the Argies go through as I want them to destroy Italy in the semis and I'd love an England v Argies grudge match final or the classic Argentina vs Brazil rivalry final.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, not much activity in the World Cup forum today with the quarters starting tonight??.

So what are you thoughts on this one. Not my favourite teams but the form teams of the comp to this stage. Hope the Argies go through as I want them to destroy Italy in the semis and I'd love an England v Argies grudge match final or the classic Argentina vs Brazil rivalry final.

I think FiFa have made plans for a Germany (the hosts) v Brazil (the holders) final. I would not be surprised if one or more of the Argies get "their marching orders" in the game tonight or perhaps a "dodgy" penalty will be given to the Germans. If you look at the sponsors of the World Cup, who have paid hundreds of millions, then you will see that it would be a 'classic' Adidas v Nike final. I suspect also that McDonalds, Coke, Mastercard etc have been "assured" that they will not be sponsoring a final between Ukraine and Portugal or such like. I may be wrong.

I think FiFa have made plans for a Germany (the hosts) v Brazil (the holders) final. I would not be surprised if one or more of the Argies get "their marching orders" in the game tonight or perhaps a "dodgy" penalty will be given to the Germans. If you look at the sponsors of the World Cup, who have paid hundreds of millions, then you will see that it would be a 'classic' Adidas v Nike final. I suspect also that McDonalds, Coke, Mastercard etc have been "assured" that they will not be sponsoring a final between Ukraine and Portugal or such like. I may be wrong.

what a paranoid nonsense :o

what a paranoid nonsense :D

Fifa President Sepp Blatter is being investigated by Swiss police over his role in a secret deal to repay more than £1m worth of bribes pocketed by football officials Full Story :o Paranoid?

Ideal result? For a massive fight to occur and they are both thrown out.

But . realistically . . i'd really like those smug Germans to get their marching orders.

I really can't read and see this kind of bashing anymore :o

Why so many people here do not like us Germans???

Look into some intern. newspapers what most of the visitors to Germany say about

us now.

The best team should win tonight!

Gerd

what a paranoid nonsense :D

I'm not saying that I give credence to his theory but anyone who believes international sports, with the huge sums of money involved, is on the level is kidding themselves.

Look at the scandal in Italy, not the first time this has come to light, and all the dodgy dealings by Blatter and his minions at FIFA. Fair play my @ss! :D

How about the IOC? They would give Thai politicians a run for their money. :o

But . realistically . . i'd really like those smug Germans to get their marching orders.

I really can't read and see this kind of bashing anymore :D

Look into some intern. newspapers what most of the visitors to Germany say about

us now.

Gerd

They have to have it I'm afraid. :o

2:2 full time and the Argies to win 3:2, although I'd prefer the Germans to go through and then meet England in the final so we can do the 4:2 thing. :D

I really can't read and see this kind of bashing anymore :o

us now.

Gerd

They are still on about not getting their food parcels in accordance with the Rules of the Geneva Convention and when they finally did arrive they were so happy with the Swiss administrators they adopted the red + but didnt realise it..so dont worry .....the best team will WIN.... :D

Germany will win 2 -1 . Holland held the Argies and Germany are a better team than Holland....Go place your bets now..... :o

You may be right, these boring teams tend to raise their game to the occasion. I'd like Argentina to win as they're probably the most entertaining attcking team in the competition.

Germany will win 2 -1 . Holland held the Argies and Germany are a better team than Holland....Go place your bets now..... :o

You may be right, these boring teams tend to raise their game to the occasion. I'd like Argentina to win as they're probably the most entertaining attcking team in the competition.

Yes you are right with Argentina. So let's hope both of them show us a great game without any yellow or red ones.

2,5 hours to go.................

Gerd

I really hope ARGENTINA win.. the German crowd is worth an extra goal.. and if we were to meet the Gerries in the final .. we are 1-0 down to start .

having said that 5-1...5-1...5-1 but no Owen or Hesky.. Bo Hoo.. but we have THE BEANPOLE

shades of '66 will there be a Russian Linesman? I like them

I met Jack Charlton a couple of years ago and HE SAID that Nobby Stiles tried to boot the ball out of play when he set up Hurst's 3rd goal.. thing was he was as blind as a bat and did not know where the touchline was.. he was just trying to CLEAR the ball out of play.. if he had good eyesight..it would only have been 3-2

Edited by ThaiPauly

first one now..... OHHHHHHHHHHH THE SUSPENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiter, another er... Coffee... Please.

edit ·1 Oh shit, german´s ahead by one!!!

edit 2... Argie´s out! .... BUGGER! Call the US, let´s drop some bombs!

Edited by kayo

4-2 for germany after penalties. argentina digged their own grave however after sitting back when they were 1-0 ahead. and apparently it was victory deserved for germany, when argentina missed the last penalty they started beating someone, not sure who...either the officials or members of the german team. not very 'fair play'..

Germany deserved the win. Nice saves by Lehmann in the shootout, although pretty weak efforts by Argentina. And thanks to ITV for cutting out of coverage of whatever was going on as the teams left the pitch! Guess we'll have to wait for Sportscenter for the news.

edit 2... Argie´s out! .... BUGGER! Call the US, let´s drop some bombs!

first, take it easy, its just a game. second, germany doesn't have enough oil for the US to start dropping bombs. :D

LOL! Ok OK. And yeah, in fairness the german´s did deserve it. apart from lehman, ballack I must credit for being a fine solid all round player. One of the best of this generation.

But don´t tell anyone I said that outloud.

:o

They´ve got good engineers though.

And actually of the two teams, both are always the ones I root against, so I only took the Argies side cos I live in latin america.

Buinch of poofs if you ask me.

'Klinsi' just turned into a national hero. at the beginning of the world cup and the months before, he was taking heavy flak from the german newspapers, some of them calling him uncapable of managing the team and risking it to go out in the first two rounds. now the semis, possibly the final and who knows. surely he's getting his contract extended...

'Klinsi' just turned into a national hero. at the beginning of the world cup and the months before, he was taking heavy flak from the german newspapers, some of them calling him uncapable of managing the team and risking it to go out in the first two rounds. now the semis, possibly the final and who knows. surely he's getting his contract extended...

..not only this. He will replace Angela Merkel :o

Gerd

i bloody well hope so. He got a street named after him the other day, and did anybody see the way merckel was cheering in her little red (?) blazer with outsized shoulder pads...