Proper Rain Coat, where to buy? who sells?

Pralaad

I think I have seen them in Super Sports (2nd floor Big C Second Road) but if you have a few days I will have a look and report back, as I need to pick up my new glasses in one of the opticians on the first floor

Thank you.

I think i have seen what they have, from memory its PVC type. Lasts about 1 week and starts to rip.

Also with dogs jumping and pulling need something stronger.

But thank you in advance if you report back on what they have.wai.gif

Just came back and Super Sports (Big C 2nd Road) doesn't have any. I looked at the other shops there and if they have any the only have the "el cheapos"

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Thanks MJ much appriciated, as silly as it sounds, can not find anything of decent quality

Edited by Pralaad

What about moving this thread to the Bikes section, or maybe even in the BKK one or for even more exposure the General one? As there must be some shop that carries the better quality ones.

If everything fails you could always resort to the internet, or have friends back home send one over.

Good Luck

What about moving this thread to the Bikes section, or maybe even in the BKK one or for even more exposure the General one? As there must be some shop that carries the better quality ones.

If everything fails you could always resort to the internet, or have friends back home send one over.

Good Luck

Do not fancy shlapping to BKKbiggrin.png , searched internet and nothing local, plenty from overseas but as i mentioned they want $80 postage.

So if size does not fit, i would be hit with double postage plus return postage plus no doubt customs.

Decent raincoat from Oz or US is around $200-$300,adding shipping it becomes one expansive piece of clothing and i only need it for dog walking.

Have seen some people wearing what i want, but always driving past , no chance to ask where they bought it.

Thanks anyway, may be will get lucky and see one or on the next trip home pick one up.

Drizabone etc are not sold in Thailand - too hot to be practicable would be my guess why.

For something similar as in good quality I would firstly have a look in the export shops. 71 and Export in Central, and 71 is in shopping mall on second row next to the Big C near to Pattaya Klang. they will have your size and always have a range of rain coats etc.

Further to that if there is nothing there, then you have a few places like NorthFace in Central that might have something for you.

Good luck

Yeah, drizabone is too hot for Thailand, but as you said, something of good quality.

I was going to buy one from Australia but they want $ 80 postage and i am certain customs will also want their share.

Checked out Northface catalog and no full length sad.png

Will check out 71 store

Cheers

I do not think I have ever seen full length coat here, now that I think about it. Maybe give HorseShoe Point a call and see if they have a riding shop there -might have something there as a long coat often used for riding. I've never searched, but there is bound to be tack shops and riding clothing shops somewhere in Thailand (Polo Pattaya as well... worth a try). Saw this place - worth a call http://www.lamartina.com/

If you want a decent but not so hot coat, I would suggest a stockman coat made by Target Dry or Champion. Both available on ebay and as they are light weight, not too costly to post. Strong fully water proof but critically lighter fabric with only a token lining.

Edited by boldface

Drizabone etc are not sold in Thailand - too hot to be practicable would be my guess why.

For something similar as in good quality I would firstly have a look in the export shops. 71 and Export in Central, and 71 is in shopping mall on second row next to the Big C near to Pattaya Klang. they will have your size and always have a range of rain coats etc.

Further to that if there is nothing there, then you have a few places like NorthFace in Central that might have something for you.

Good luck

Yeah, drizabone is too hot for Thailand, but as you said, something of good quality.

I was going to buy one from Australia but they want $ 80 postage and i am certain customs will also want their share.

Checked out Northface catalog and no full length sad.png

Will check out 71 store

Cheers

I do not think I have ever seen full length coat here, now that I think about it. Maybe give HorseShoe Point a call and see if they have a riding shop there -might have something there as a long coat often used for riding. I've never searched, but there is bound to be tack shops and riding clothing shops somewhere in Thailand (Polo Pattaya as well... worth a try). Saw this place - worth a call http://www.lamartina.com/

If you want a decent but not so hot coat, I would suggest a stockman coat made by Target Dry or Champion. Both available on ebay and as they are light weight, not too costly to post. Strong fully water proof but critically lighter fabric with only a token lining.

Thank you, thats not a bad idea at all.

Riding coat would be perfect. but Target Dry sounds like what i need,

Cheers

Why don't you go to one of the Army surplus places and get a poncho.....that will do ya, or ask the BIB can you buy one of their raincoats....money talks wink.png

Ponchos are good. have seen them in couple of shops on darkside good ones too

...hope it fits whistling.gif

Forclaz 1300 Hiking Poncho, Size S/M, Black

Did you manage to get the L / XL one? I saw they had them, bu no option to select it.

Yeah, size looks about the same as that of the el cheapos you buy in Lotus. I'd like an extra long one that would better cover my knees on the motorbike. Of course I have a rainsuit but it's more bother.

...hope it fits whistling.gif

Forclaz 1300 Hiking Poncho, Size S/M, Black

Did you manage to get the L / XL one? I saw they had them, bu no option to select it.

I sent email and they replied saying no sizes, one size fits all

2 questions.

1. What weight? Will it be too hot for Thailand?

2. I only saw S or M sizes.

Can you keep us posted please?

Very useful post - thanks

Sorry i do not think i would go to weigh it, but happy to write back when i receive it on the size and quality smile.png