I've just gone through immigration at swampy 28/28

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be a problem for us. They know we spend money.

I am on a 30 day arrival stamp and was just granted a temp. work permit as I have a short job in Thailand this week.

Should GIRU the haters knowing the big earning/spending offshore boys are fine.

• Like 1

FB, did you get the cell tel numbers of those Immigration officers? Could be handy for you come mid-August if you get a guy with an attitude on your next in-bound run.

Mac

Hi Mac

It's not something I'd do. The whole "face" thing etx might piss them off.

The fact 4 diff officers have given me the exact same answer is pretty solid for me

I do accept things could change though. But as it stands I'm content

• Like 1

I am on a 30 day arrival stamp and was just granted a temp. work permit as I have a short job in Thailand this week.

How did you get a temp WP issued on a 30 day wavier ? They normally want people on a B visa, I am asking this because I have been indirectly involved in requesting temp WP for O&G and its always the B visa needed

Next time try asking what they feel the minimum rotation is to not be back to back..

So 28 is ok.. Is 20 ?? Is 14 ??

Thus is what we need.. A hard and fast consistent rule that can then be planned around.

I won't be back for a month

Just explain to them you are working offshore LivinLOS. IMO the length of time won't matter as long as you are on regular shifts. I can be away for just a couple of days then sometimes several weeks at a time. Sometimes I am in Thailand for as little as a day then as much as 20+ days.

It's panic over nothing as far as I am concerned. They are looking for people that are circumventing the rules to stay and earn money in Thailand, not offshore guys on r & r that work elsewhere.

If you do get questioned just explain the situation, I will place money on them understanding. Take your documentation to prove you do what you say you do.

Simples.

• Like 2

How did you get a temp WP issued on a 30 day wavier ? They normally want people on a B visa, I am asking this because I have been indirectly involved in requesting temp WP for O&G and its always the B visa needed

I didn't apply. Agent collected my passport, came back next day with 15 day temp. work permit.

Says at the top "notification for engagement in necessary and urgent work under section 9", whatever that means. Form WP.10 is at the top also. All paperwork appears to be in order.

I have had a few of these whenever there's been an urgent job in Thailand, I just go through the client's agent. Normally we have to pop out the country and get it when we arrive as it has to be done up to three days after arrival, but this time I was already here for 10 or so days.

Cheers for the info frankly like me you've put a few people minds at rest

So thanks for that I'm back from offshore on the 15th August that's what I was worried about as I have a couple of tourist visas in my pp

Cheers mate have a good trip don't work to hard

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Cheers for the info frankly like me you've put a few people minds at rest

So thanks for that I'm back from offshore on the 15th August that's what I was worried about as I have a couple of tourist visas in my pp

Cheers mate have a good trip don't work to hard

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

No probs. might be worth having your contract with you though

Pardon my ignorance. What is 28/28 ?

Sounds like stay in Thailand for 28 days on a 30-day visa exempt, followed by stay out of Thailand for another 28 days.

If that is the case, why 28 days ? Why not term it as 30/30 since visa exempt is either 30 or 90.

28 is an odd number.

Sounds like stay in Thailand for 28 days on a 30-day visa exempt, followed by stay out of Thailand for another 28 days.

If that is the case, why 28 days ? Why not term it as 30/30 since visa exempt is either 30 or 90.

28 is an odd number.

Fly in Fly Out offshore worker. 28/28 is 4 weeks on /4 weeks off. 4 x 7 = 28.

28 is an odd number.

The 28/28 is a 28 days on and 28 days off rotation for working outside the country. Some people also work a 35/35 schedule.

Yeah, I'd be interested in that - I have had staff before employment arrive on tourist visa - for a temp contract, but we have immediately needed to change it to a B Visa for WP purposes

28 is an odd number.

The 28/28 is a 28 days on and 28 days off rotation for working outside the country. Some people also work a 35/35 schedule.

That could be a pain in the ass..

28 is an odd number.

That could be a pain in the ass..

It is not most of the times. 35/35, where the 35 days off include travel days. I do 35/35 and never once have I overstayed