Assassination Attempt Wounds Northern Red Activist

Lite Beer

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure this type of thing will be on the up. Those who cannot be politically adjusted will be disposed of.

Agreed, and Rak Chiang Mai 51 has always been a somewhat-violent splittist group, this wouldn't be their first falling-out amongst-friends.

• Like 2

This man should be put in protective custody, to be shot in the leg is clearly not an assassination attempt, it is a warning to keep his mouth shut, or face assassination, the man knows, and has too much information.

Shot in the leg as a warning? If he knows too much and someone higher up is concerned about his loyalty, I would think this was a failed attempt at silencing him for good.

• Like 1

FangFerang post # 29

You clearly cannot provide any links to these nonexistent International Press Stories because...it is fiction and got a former TVF member banned for posting it (see the icon on the first post of the quoted thread that began this new fictional hate-fest, clearly saying Banned, then read the last post closing the thread to protect TVF from defamation suits).

Red haters are slightly funnier than red lovers -- they feel indignant righteousness all the way to the nearest barstool.

Red  lovers -- they feel indignant righteousness all the way to the nearest bar stool, and when dining out they tend to gargle their soup too.

Soup garglers !    Can I use that one ?

And if what he says is true,  that poster won't be the last one banned for posting bs , there are a lot of red posters on TV who are walking on thin ice.

@ jaidam - you were correct regarding that SMH article. Seeing as fang is so into "links" he should take your advice and enter "Sydney Morning Herald and Red shirt activist" into Google and check out the second listing.

I suppose he will either be making a heartfelt apology to you, or he will suddenly disappear from the forum (most likely)    clap2.gif

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 2

FangFerang post # 29

You clearly cannot provide any links to these nonexistent International Press Stories because...it is fiction and got a former TVF member banned for posting it (see the icon on the first post of the quoted thread that began this new fictional hate-fest, clearly saying Banned, then read the last post closing the thread to protect TVF from defamation suits).

Red haters are slightly funnier than red lovers -- they feel indignant righteousness all the way to the nearest barstool.

Red  lovers -- they feel indignant righteousness all the way to the nearest bar stool, and when dining out they tend to gargle their soup too.

Soup garglers !    Can I use that one ?

And if what he says is true,  that poster won't be the last one banned for posting bs , there are a lot of red posters on TV who are walking on thin ice.

@ jaidam - you were correct regarding that SMH article. Seeing as fang is so into "links" he should take your advice and enter "Sydney Morning Herald and Red shirt activist" into Google and check out the second listing.

I suppose he will either be making a heartfelt apology to you, or he will suddenly disappear from the forum (most likely)    clap2.gif

What is a soup-gargler? Is that somebody Chinese? Or is that just a Chinese trait I observed when living there? Soup-spitter comes to mind, in that case.

Could be a new kids' cartoon: "The magical planet of the soup-spitter" (c.f. the Clangers).

Great to see that the yellow reflexes still work.

Any ordinary police will investigate into all directions, including friendly fire, accident, organized crime, ordinary crime, politically motivated crime, hate-crime, domestic violence, you name it.

Of this I am certain, though: under the new regime the outcome will serve "reconciliation" and "happiness".

• Like 1

I am sure this type of thing will be on the up. Those who cannot be politically adjusted will be disposed of.

Do you think it is Thaksin getting rid of his garbage?

Trying to clear the way for his spin doctors to praise him for his lack of opposition to the NCPO?wai.gif

• Like 1

"Although police stress that there is not yet evidence that the shooting was politically-motivated, the attack occurred amidst an ongoing climate of fear in Redshirt provinces in the wake of the 22 May military coup detat."

If they did nothing wrong they need not fear

Hang on. According to some here this is an injury committed by red shirts to garner sympathy.

Do I believe it? Of course not. Only fools would follow that narrative. 

It was not a 3rd hand. It was a PDRC, DEM or Junta supporter because they don't like the red shirts. 

Logic is a wonderful truth when embraced.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

This man should be put in protective custody, to be shot in the leg is clearly not an assassination attempt, it is a warning to keep his mouth shut, or face assassination, the man knows, and has too much information.

Seems very likely

Assasination attempt??? shot on the leg?? who ever did the job is probably being B!tc# slap by the boss right now

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They were holding the gun upside down.

"Although police stress that there is not yet evidence that the shooting was politically-motivated, the attack occurred amidst an ongoing climate of fear in Redshirt provinces in the wake of the 22 May military coup detat."

Of course. Has there ever been a cleansing after a coup d'etat? I mean, ever???

And the definition of "Right" and "Wrong" will never change after a coup.

And the Criminal Code will always be interpreted impartially and unbiassed by the courts, in particular after a coup.

Joking aside, there are many possible explanations/speculations, but a political motivation is definitely one of the many options. So, nothing to fear? I doubt that.

To add to Jaidam's excellent expose of this violent thug the Chiang Mai Mail (not sure about linking to it) reported in their June 8-15 issue that DJ Lae returned to Thailand after fleeing bail and the police allowed him to return home (?????).

What a f-ed up system that so badly needs change.

Edited to add: It was June 8-15 2011.

If that is true there should be a good reason why he is not in prison.
I cannot think of any.

Another case for the military to look into and probe the responsible persons.

Btw. Wasn't Potjaman convicted to prison? Was she in prison?

And the Criminal Code will always be interpreted impartially and unbiassed by the courts, in particular after a coup.

Joking aside, there are many possible explanations/speculations, but a political motivation is definitely one of the many options. So, nothing to fear? I doubt that.

Has there ever been a cleansing after a coup d'etat?

A coup is a coup is a coup? No. It looks like this one is different.
I do not see greed as a motive, at least not in the first line
- which is the most frequent reason for coups

Did Thailand have a critical situation caused by greedy and incompetent (probably criminal) politicians with no proper solutions in sight?
Did the situation improve after the coup?
Are the removing from leading posts of politicians, police and CEOs understandable by their actions?
Have they been killed or disappeared?
Is there any evidence for unjust "cleansing"?

So I repeat

So anyway, now that the authorities have caught him, he will be going straight to prison to serve his sentence for murder, right???

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/354516-five-red-shirts-jailed-for-murder-in-chang-mai/

And look on the bright side, if he's walking around on his knees, he won't need to bend over to pick up the cunningly dropped soap, although he probably will anyway.

The old thread you are quoting was misinformation, and the TVF member who claimed a murder conviction was banned.

Further, this is the second attack on his home.  The first attack was reported in Thailand news in June 2011.  http://www.thailandnews.co/category/chiang-mai/page/22/

As I said before, the red haters are slightly funnier than the red lovers -- the pseudo self-righteous attitude lets you have selective memory, posit fictional histories you tell each other, and any comment you don't like creates a name calling spree that makes Gerbils look like an ad rep for McDonald's.

Really, do any of you 'team players' realize there is no team.  You do not even qualify to lose.

You are buying what they are selling.  Thaksin is a symptom, a bad one, and nothing is being done to treat the illness.  He has disillusioned the people he was supposed to be helping, but even when he is gone they will still have legitimate grievances.

You must have missed the reports in the international press that clearly state that on April 8th 2009 this DJ was sentenced to 20 yrs for his part in hacking off the arm of 60 year old Settha Chiamkitwattana before shooting him to death.

That he has been attacked(twice) while on the run is hardly a surprise. If some thug did that to your father I'm guessing you would be somewhat peeved to see the mockery of justice.

You clearly cannot provide any links to these nonexistent International Press Stories because...it is fiction and got a former TVF member banned for posting it (see the icon on the first post of the quoted thread that began this new fictional hate-fest, clearly saying Banned, then read the last post closing the thread to protect TVF from defamation suits).

thumbsup.gif

<snip>
Niyom was sentenced to 20 years in prison along with 4 other men in April 2010 for the murder of Settha Chiamkitwattana, the 60 year old father of a Yellow Shirt supporter in Chiang Mai, who was dragged out of his truck by Red Shirt demonstrators and beaten. Settha was found dead with a gunshot wound by police after the Red Shirts retreated.
However, DJ Lae skipped bail and, after the violence in May, fled the country. <snip>

http://archive.today/wHjAQ#selection-2099.0-2115.172

I wonder if I'll be banned for posting this link.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 2

It will be interesting to see if our current Dear Leader's super-efficient investigators can find the perpetrators of this crime as quickly as they can uncover the wrongs of Shin-affiliated persons.

Edited by 15Peter20

It will be interesting to see if our current Dear Leader's super-efficient investigators can find the perpetrators of this crime as quickly as they can uncover the wrongs of Shin-affiliated persons.

I wasn't even aware that 'Dear Leader' had super efficient investigators or even switched to a current team of them. Mind you even as criminal fugitive the former Pol. Colonel may be interested.

BTW 'wrongs of Shin affiliated persons'? Who are you talking about? Here we're just wondering about a possible 'assassination attempt' by unknowns. 

Maybe the locals have realized that these so called red leaders didn't make their life any better. They had to stand there and watch them become wealthy and live the good life, and be used by them to the end.   

I think they are aiming create publicity. I always wonder what these plan only wond them slightly.

Sent from my C1904 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

True there are many different options to choose from. But the Junta doing it when the man poses no threat is not high on the list in my opinion.

Life has been good since they took over with the exception of the first 10:00 PM to 5AM curfew. It is not all that good for the people who wish to cause trouble and impede the unification efforts. They I would suspect are higher on the list of possibilities. Red shirts finding out that life with out Thaksin is a lot more peaceful than what the red shirt leaders were drumming into their head is on the top of my list of possibilities. Thaksin throwing out the garbage would be about number 3 on my list. It is a technique he has used in the past to make himself look good.

I wonder if we will ever know.wai.gif

I very much doubt this was an assassination attempt. I've never before heard of someone being assassinated by being shot in the legs. Sounds more like a warning from someone. That he's a red shirt may not have anything at all to do with the shooting.

I believe they are in the process of laying charges against one of them as we speak. the Government has let her go to her brothers birthday party in Paris first. Not sure what that is all about.

Fact is I don't approve of it. Unless she gave them all the inside dope in a plea bargain.wai.gif

So anyway, now that the authorities have caught him, he will be going straight to prison to serve his sentence for murder, right???

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/354516-five-red-shirts-jailed-for-murder-in-chang-mai/

And look on the bright side, if he's walking around on his knees, he won't need to bend over to pick up the cunningly dropped soap, although he probably will anyway.

The old thread you are quoting was misinformation, and the TVF member who claimed a murder conviction was banned.

Further, this is the second attack on his home.  The first attack was reported in Thailand news in June 2011.  http://www.thailandnews.co/category/chiang-mai/page/22/

As I said before, the red haters are slightly funnier than the red lovers -- the pseudo self-righteous attitude lets you have selective memory, posit fictional histories you tell each other, and any comment you don't like creates a name calling spree that makes Gerbils look like an ad rep for McDonald's.

Really, do any of you 'team players' realize there is no team.  You do not even qualify to lose.

You are buying what they are selling.  Thaksin is a symptom, a bad one, and nothing is being done to treat the illness.  He has disillusioned the people he was supposed to be helping, but even when he is gone they will still have legitimate grievances.

You must have missed the reports in the international press that clearly state that on April 8th 2009 this DJ was sentenced to 20 yrs for his part in hacking off the arm of 60 year old Settha Chiamkitwattana before shooting him to death.

That he has been attacked(twice) while on the run is hardly a surprise. If some thug did that to your father I'm guessing you would be somewhat peeved to see the mockery of justice.

You clearly cannot provide any links to these nonexistent International Press Stories because...it is fiction and got a former TVF member banned for posting it (see the icon on the first post of the quoted thread that began this new fictional hate-fest, clearly saying Banned, then read the last post closing the thread to protect TVF from defamation suits).

thumbsup.gif

It is hilarious that you pick out your so called 'red haters' and accuse them of only reading what they want to read.

Considering it is actually the other way round.

That member you quote 'Timekeeper' is indeed a banned member, but the closing post was just an advisory to post the link with the source and with the statement 'thread closed for now'

• Like 1