spouse is from laos doing visa runs

"Getting married in Laos is not easy. Most people get married here instead."

I heard that the problem is the Lao Embassy normally won't give the paperwork needed for them to get married here.

same is ture for Cambodians;

i am over 50 so legally can not marry my gf of 6 years,

she got lucky and found a job so has a 1 year non b and wp

well i hope this is on topic i am 61 and want to retire here. i am from usa and my wife is russian and under 50. we are here on a 2 month visa from a visa run. i have 2 incomes from retirement one a private and one from us gov.i make about 56k usd a year from them. i have read and here a lot from all the postd some say i can do in country others say no. would like the real truth .i have income note from us embassy 2 copys . no bank account yet. but we both can get from bankok bank. so what can i do and how ?

You both need a Non Imm O Visa (single entry) obtained from a Thai Consulate outside Thailand.

You can then apply for a 12 month extension of stay based on retirement at Immigration in Thailand.

Your Wife can apply for a 12 month extension of stay based as your dependant.

The Embassy document would be proof of income.

First and foremost....marriage in Laos is NOT difficult and NOT expensive (1500$us)

Visa restrictions are NOT imposed on Lao nationals according to my 'reliable' source in Laos

PM if you want to know the most reliable source of information regarding foreigners vs Laos.

Note

Laws in general are Unknown territory for most Laotians and thus what you hear from your Lao partner are stories and myth's.